First Goal Met/ Bittersweet Moment

OK, so I find this absolutely mortifying to admit, but I've met my first personal goal. I am for the first time in honestly I really can't remember how long below 300lbs. I could've just cried, well I did, but I'm a crier.

I guess I also had this moment of OMG. I'm still embarrassed by how big I am. I'm not really sure that I'll ever see anything in the mirror but the chubby girl that I've always been, but I'm working through that. I'm trying very hard to be positive and feel that 86lbs in 6 months is something to be proud of.

I also feel weird when people ask me how much I've lost. I have this thought that they're secretly thinking "WOW she lost 86lbs and she's still big, how much must she have weighed to start out with?" I swear if someone ever asks me I'll just die.

weight.png

86 pounds in 6 months is absolutely something to be proud of! I completely understand how you feel about the, mixed emotions between happy at the loss and feeling - but I am still a big girl. I have lost 58 pounds and am glad to be in clothing sizes I haven't seen in high school, but I look around, and I know to others I am still the fat woman - heck I look in the mirror and can see my smaller butt and less belly and still see just how crazy much flesh I have (why I didn't see or pay attention to it before WLS is an irony of sorts I guess). But here is the thing. We are healthier than we were six months ago, hands down and that is a success to celebrate. And more than that, this is just the beginning of our journey. We aren't responsible TODAY for what will be at the end of the journey - we will deal with that when we get there, and other people and their perceptions, are something we can't deal with if we are going to focus on getting and staying healthy (physically and mentally). I got asked last night ... "so are you taking pills? diet pills I mean..."

Congratulations on this incredible milestone! Good for you!! You walk into Twoterville with your head held high, girlfriend. You are doing a great job!! Enjoy and take pride in your success!

Congrats! Your feelings are perfectly normal. I had the same ones. I was terribly uncomfortable when asked how much, and of course, EVERYONE wants to know THE number! Now, I will almost volunteer the info. I feel sooo great and proud! Everyone feeds off my attitude and confidence. They all have a totally different reaction and outlook now, and that's mostly to do with me I think. Keep your head up, your eye on the prize and be proud of your accomplishments! Waht a wonderful life awaits you!

Keep up the good work. I understand where you are coming from. I started my journey at 340 and weighed in at 333 when i started my pre-op diet and 312 the day of surgery. It's hard when people ask and my answer is 45 pounds. I know they're thinking, "how much did she weight to start?" in their minds. We just have to be proud of what we've done and keep moving forward.

Be proud, love yourself, and forgive yourself, no reason for shame, you got this!!!!

Congratulations! you have done great! its ur choice how much u want to tell other people about ur weight less. when i was asked i just looked them in the eye a said that is a really personal question and leave it at that. unless its someone you don't mind sharing. But be proud of how far you have come!! reaching your first goal is awesome. can't wait to hear that you have reached your second goal :-)

Congrats! Getting down below 300 was a big milestone for me too! At my heaviest I was about 330 and I never want to see the 300s again!

Don't let the fear of what others may say or think keep you from believing in yourself!

You are doing wonderfully!

Thank you all for your support! It means everything to me to have this community to be a part of and to walk through this journey with. It's nice to hear that other people have the same feelings and you all have really helped me feel better!!