Nana60

One item off the bucket List!

Well yesterday I got one of the things I want to do before I die, done! I went on the zipline at our county fair. It was so fun. I have always wanted to do that but because of my weight either wouldn't or couldn't.

The climb up the stairs to the top looked a little daunting but I did it with no problem. I actually was surprised I had no pain walking up and wasn't out of breath when I got there.

The only scary part is when you have to step off. You feel like you have to hold your own weight and I was sure I couldn't. Of course you don't, you are harnessed in, but standing on the edge, looking down, and "thinking" you have to hold on to this rope or you will fall and die. I took the leap of faith, the harness held and I loved every minute. Next item.....skydiving!

Congrats!! That is something I have on my bucket list too!!

Oh wow! I have been eyeballing that adventure myself!

Sounds like soooo much fun!

Great leap for you, congratulations!

YAY!! Good for you!

STOP IT!!! THAT is not what I was expecting! You go girl!!! And I was proud of myself for getting a Brazilian wax... I think I need to step up my "adventures."

You did really good! One of mine is a tattoo. I know if I was to get a tattoo my kids would have me committed. lol

YAY!!!! I want to do that one of these days

Wow! You are brave! Way to go...not sure I could handle the height...especially for sky diving. Scary!

Glad you had fun. :)

You did really good! One of mine is a tattoo. I know if I was to get a tattoo my kids would have me committed. lol

Oh I want a tatoo also. A little Canadian flad on my ankle

Wow - I had never thought of doing ANYTHING new and out there, I'm incredibly impressed! Obviously I am living a far too boring life! You go girl, you are an inspiration!

WAY TO GO NANA!

I'm proud of you - still haven't developed the courage to take the leap of faith into anything that's more than a foot of the ground but one day.....

Mu oldest and I went and did this

http://www.iflyholly...CFUQ0QgodRV-Z3w

I think I could do that though - it looks great fun.

Those of you who want a Tatt go for it I say- I've had a few- but only in the last two years- life is too short to have a regret over something like that! I thought about them and picked something important to me!

WAY TO GO Nana!!

Congrats!! I may be trying this next month in Mexico...also I plan to swim with the dolphins! Whenever I get frustrated that I can't enjoy food like I used to I try to remind myself how many other things I can now enjoy being much lighter...it usually makes my food frustration drift away!

Tattoo, yes. Jumping off of ANYTHING higher than 12", nope. Nosiree. Not me, not ever!

But I think it's great that YOU did it--even if you obviously have a death wish! LOL! J/K, of course. Congratulations :-).

Nana,

I didn't realize they had that there?! I was going to take the kids, but will prob just wait until next year! The traffic down the 5 has been awful! Gotta love Del Mar:)

It is in the infield. I almost didn't find it. You zipline over the infield lake. A good "starter" zipline. :)

I know the traffic is horrible. I go up ti Vista once a week and try to time it so I'm not on the 5 near opening or closing.

So happy or you Nana!!

Nana that is terrific! It's on my bucket list too and I can't wait! We are going to the mountains for a vacay next month and are planning on doing the zip line course at one of the ski resorts. You are truly an inspiration!

Well, I also plan to do a little "cliff jumping" next month. Before you think I'm nuts they are not like those cliffs down in Acapulco, but they are higher then anything I've ever jumped. Here is a picture

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/gallery/image/20947-cliff-jumping/

Haha! I havnt been cliff jumping since i was a kid, i remember my first time, i was about 10yrs old and most of the people around were early to mid 20's and they were all in awww as this little girl had no fear jumping off the big cliff, i remember one guy telling his friend "your going to let that little girl show you up!?" lol, i havnt been cliff jumping since i was 16 but i sure do miss it. I have also gone zip-lining, although it was in Belize, way over the tree tops, harnessed to the line by carabiner and one safety line (not nearly as safe as the state fair set up here in MN) and holing onto the steel zip-line to control my own speed, the weight limit was 280 and i was closer to 290 at the time but they didnt care, they actually said they have had heavier people, makes me wonder if that was true of if they just said that to make me feel better. When i was strapped in, i looked at the set-up and thought if anything fails im screwed, but was so excited to go for it, it was AWESOME!!!! I would love to do it again but after the experience in Belize i find it hard to think that zip-lining anywhere other than someplace mountainous could be any fun. Next on the list skydiving, and bungy jumping, although we dont have any of the indoor skydiving areas around here so it will be the real deal.

I attached a few pics one shows me, another is a good view of the harness, and the other two are just good pics of the zip-line.

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/gallery/image/20971-high-above-the-tree-tops-2/

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/gallery/image/20970-me-zip-lining-290lb/

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/gallery/image/20969-where-does-the-zip-line-go/

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/gallery/image/20968-zip-line-set-up/

That is the kind of zipline I want to go on!

YAY I have never been to the Del Mar Fair...I want to go on the 4th

Wow, it will be super packed on the 4th. It is fun though. Be careful what you eat it is a food paradise. Not healthy food FUN food. Of course all the walking helps.