Sign in to follow this  
JuliaW

Stupid stall!

If my stall doesn't break soon I may cry! 9 weeks out and stalled for the past two weeks! So frustrating when I'm jogging 3.1 miles a day to get ready for a 5k! Okay done complaining. :)

Im barely almost 4 weeks out and ive been stalling for over a week :( im verry upset, idk what to do?

It happens to all of us....good news is, it passes.

It does pass. I started stalling about 3 and a half weeks out and I stalled for almost 3 weeks. At first I wasn't worried but after the second week I was thinking maybe my surgery didn't work and that I was past the active weight loss phase for me already. My friend who is a year out said to make sure I increased my protein and fluid amount and upped the exercise. So I added protein bars and started inclines and trying to run in 1 minute intervals on the tread mill. I stopped seeing 252 on the scale and this morning I saw 246. It may have also had something to do with starting my cycle as well.

I feel like I am with you guys. My weight seemed fast at first and now I feel like a turtle. I have lost 29 pounds since surgery. I have been the same weight for past 6 days. I would like to lose at least 3 pounds a week

I'm on stall number two, and I'm 11 weeks out from surgery. The first one was just after my six week checkup, and lasted for 3.5 weeks, and I'm still in my second, which started a week ago. The most evil part about the first stall, was that it occurred at exactly 200lbs, so I had the added frustration of teetering on the edge of "onederland", until it finally broke.

I try a different calorie intake. During my many stalls I try to consume more calories then after a few days I drop back. Seems to push it back moving. I don't really gain any weight. Agree that stalls suck! But think about it this way "How long did it take for you to gain the weight"..... As long as the scale is not moving up keep your chin up, even if it doesn't move, its not going up!

Thanks guys! I'll try and up my calories. I eat about 900 if I'm lucky. If I up my exercise I may die! Lol

I am one month post op and have been in a stall for 1 week, I was feeling so defeated and 2nd guessing my decision, but thank you all for posting great information that I so needed at this time. I am so glad I became a member!