Sign in to follow this  
ckcalif42

Roll call! How are the Nov 2011ers?

Hey November 2011 folks! Wondering how you are all doing? How was the 6th month check in? I am having mine in a few weeks and just heard I am low on Vitamin A. Just ordered a supplement for that.

I have been dropping 4-5 pounds a month. Nothing major but it's fine by me. Am FINALLY starting to feel a little lighter with more energy. Down to a size 12 pants now from 22.

How are you and how are you feeling?

I had my 6 month check the beginning of May. Everything is going well. No problems with nutrition. I am 1.5 pounds away from my goal weight. Dr. thinks that I might get down 10 to 15 pounds below my goal weight though.

Greetings! Glad to hear you are both doing well. I was doing good at my 6 mo, but my iron is decreasing, so I got some ferrous fumarate that I need to start taking - a bit apprehensive because it can cause constipation, and bowel movements continue to be my biggest issue. I take either Benefiber or Miralax once daily, but even so I have to use milk of magnesia once in a while. Otherwise, doing well, down 114 lbs overall, 84 since date of surgery. I am at 176, would like to get to 146 but if I don't it won't be a traged. I lose in fits and starts, but am still averaging 10 lbs a month.

I have to watch quantities, and snacking - still prone to overdoing it. I've gone back to trying to journal everything, as that helps me be more aware of what I'm doing. I also have to be more careful about vitamins, have not been as careful about taking the various supplements daily, beyond my chewable multi.

I'm into a 16 pants, and a 14 in stretchy Lees - those make me happy! Tops are mostly Large, with occasional Mediums - I've discovered sizing varies wildly! Everyone comments on how much I've lost, and my (grown) daughters are so proud of me - I'm about the same size they are!

Some kinds of foods don't agree with me, but I can eat a lot of things, so I really can't complain. I'm getting lots of exercise this time of year gardening, so I don't have to go out of my way to work on that, really.

All in all, life is good and I'm happy with the changes. I hope you are all similarly pleased.

take care, God bless!

I am doing well. I am at 214 pounds. Size 16. I was on the larger side of a 28. The pounds are coming off slower. But my surgeon/pcp are very happy with my success. Vitamin levels are great. Diabetes under control at A1-C of 4.9. Blood pressure remains a little elevated but that may never change from what I am told. I exercise and my most active time is in the morning. By afternoon, I am slower. Finding myself snacking (cucumbers, carrots, crab meat) and I think it is due to boredom. Lean sacking though. Surgoen and Nut not too concerned about it. They said my age plays a factor and that I am really doing well. So...time tells all stories.

--->Good things---> I only have to visit my PCP every six months vs. 2 months now. I have gone to the doctor every 2 months for 18 years!

Bad things I notice.....quick temper and mood swings. I am assured it is due to the hormone/weight-loss.

I guess, I thought I would be in ONEDERLAND by now. I hope to reach 200 by July 21. That is when I go on vacation.

Hey November 2011 folks! Wondering how you are all doing? How was the 6th month check in? I am having mine in a few weeks and just heard I am low on Vitamin A. Just ordered a supplement for that.

I have been dropping 4-5 pounds a month. Nothing major but it's fine by me. Am FINALLY starting to feel a little lighter with more energy. Down to a size 12 pants now from 22.

How are you and how are you feeling?

I was low in my Vit A too at my 6 month check up

I am doing well too my weight is slowly come off too but my dr did tell me I have to work at the last 30 lbs. I am down 108 lbs since sugary I started at a size 22 and I am down to a 10/12 over all I feel good

I haven't been doing amazing, as I am a stress eater and have been REALLY stressed lately. I HAVE lost 36kg (79lb), but for the last couple of months have started stalling for weeks at a time, so not dropping much very often anymore. Need to take more control. I see a psychiatrist weekly though, and he's helping.

Glad everyone's doing great. I'm no longer morbidly obese, and no longer look FAT, I look "like a big girl" now and all my regular clothes are rather huge on me. Have been buying a piece here and there in new sizes when I need them. :D

I bought size 16 Old Navy jeans this morning and by tonight they were way too loose! :) I'm dying to get to Onederland, didn't make it by my bday, June 2, but I'm ok with that. Feeling good, but haven't worked out in over a week...had an ablation on Thursday and was feeling rough for almost a week before that. I need to get back on track, especially because the hormone surge/whatever from having my IUD removed is really messing with me and causing major head hunger, to the point that I basically binged last night, ended up really hurting and paying the price for it, puked my guts out twice, and felt HORRIBLE. :( *shame* I've been in a major depressive funk for a few weeks, which doesn't help, but I'm starting with a new psychologist next week, so I think I can really start to work on some things.

One thing: I feel like I'm in a food RUT. I'm sticking to my "safe" foods too much: cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, Greek yogurt, cheese sticks, hummus and veggies. I'm BORED! But, I'm also afraid to eat "real food", not so much because I'm afraid it will hurt/get stuck, but because I'm afraid of the calories. I know that might not even make sense and totally sounds like disordered eating, but it's where I am right now. :wacko: Is anyone else dealing with this? How did you get over it and start to eat more normally, if you are? TIA!

Lindsay, I eat "real" foods, sort of, but I have to be super careful about portion control - that seems to be working. I eat meat and veggies/salads always, mostly avoid starches like bread/potatoes/pasta except for an occasional 1/2 bagel, plus I do eat Wasa crispbreads, one or two a day for the fiber. I also eat fruits.

I think summer will be easier than winter, because the veggies/fruits are better. I have 1-2 fresh fruits daily, one at breakfast, one as a snack, and we eat a lot of salads. I did have quiche the other day, a small piece, I scraped the cheese off the top and enjoyed the mushrooms/spinach/bacon/eggs in it and having a bit of crust. I also had a panini at a restaurant, got rid of the top bread and ate the thin bottom with chicken, peppers, etc on it - again, scraped off the cheese.

I do think it's important to learn to eat real foods, so that we can fit in with others when we share meals, etc, and the best way to do that is to practice it at home so we get the idea of how much, etc. I find that as long as I keep portions small I am usually fine - that plus stopping when I start to get uncomfortable. I hope you can work on trying new things, meals are much more fun when you can sample the wide variety of choices available, within bounds, rather than being bored eating the same things all the time.

Good luck to you!

Judy

Judy - you have your picture!! Great to "see" you!

Ive lost 93lbs so far. The weight loss has slowed down so much and it does frigten me . My surgeon said that he thinks I'll only lose another 30lbs which really scares me ! Im not nearly done yet ! Im still 236 lbs ! At first my thoughts were to prove him wrong but now im just so depressed over it that ive done nothing. Ive noticed too that my mood swings are CRAZY ! I feel like im crawling out of my skin sometimes and I really do hate it. I think I might need meds or something.

Other than that im good. haha Ive gone from a 28 to a 18 . If my saggy tummy wasnt in the way I could get into a 16 .

I haven't had my 6 month check-up yet, it's finally next Tuesday. I'm down 80 pounds with less than 20 to get to my goal of a normal BMI. I'm starting to believe I'll get there! I'm in a size 12, sometimes a 14, wearing either medium or large tops. I definitely have the body dismorphic disorder going on. In my eyes, I definitely still think I'm 250+ pounds some days. My heart has slowed wayyyyy down since having surgery. I'm under the care of an electrophysiologist and looking at having a pacemaker implanted in August to keep my heart at a normal beat all the time. My husband and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary in nine days. Seeing my wedding pics last year inspired me to have the surgery. He is delighted by all the work I've done in the last year. It's been quite the journey!! I'm so happy to see all the November 2011 surgery folks doing so well!!

Sounds like everyone is doing great!!

Does seeing a psychologist help? I have been thinking about it.

So, I put on a size 5 jeans today. They were too tight to buy, but i still put them on and zipped them up. I've been buying a lot of skirts and dresses lately. They are so fun and i feel so cute in them. I love it.

Here's me in May 2011 and yesterday... :)

post-22136-0-35835000-1339819035_thumb.j

Wow, Jayna, 3 lbs from goal, that's fabulous! And you look so good!

"Revamp", hang in there and don't worry about the doctor's predictions - we still can do a lot more. In some ways this is a hard time, because things *are* slowing down some, we are maybe able to eat more things and more quantity, and we need to learn how to maintain. The old habits are still out there lurking, so now it's about learning to deal with them and to continue to limit the food so we can keep moving forward, even though more slowly. Do you write everything down? I find that helps me a lot. I weigh daily (!), write my weight down and the date, and everything I eat. It helps me be more accountable, and also helps me sometimes to see that even though I feel like I ate too much, it probably wasn't nearly as bad as it seemed. And, if I did have a bad day I am able to shake it off more easily and just go back to what I'm supposed to be eating and continue to work on it. Seeing a doctor is not a bad idea, they do say the hormones can be fierce because our fat stored them.

We are truly in this for the long run, friends, and we need to live it like that - planning to keep moving forward. I NEVER want to be heavy again - this is such a gift. I'd like to lose another 20-25 lbs, then I think I'll be satisfied, but honestly if I never lost another pound, as long as I could maintain I'd be happy, and I plan on maintaining.

Take care, and God bless....

Jayna! You were beautiful before and you are even more so now! What an inspiration!

Judy - you are so wise and wonderful - I am always so inspired to read your posts!