June Surgery Date

My surgery is in the morning 6/4/2012.... nervous and excited

Best of luck! Let us know how you do!!

My surgery is in the morning 6/4/2012.... nervous and excited

Please let us know how you are doing.

How are you early June people doing?

Lap RNY was done on June 4th. It's been a rough week. Today I'm doing much better. Tomorrow is my follow up appointment and staple removal!!!! I can't wait to get these staples out, I was very disappointed when I removed my bandages and found staples!! For those of you who haven't had surgery yet, you will here this MANY times . . . each day it will get better!

I have not started my Protein yet, I've got some questions to ask tomorrow. I tried 2 different kinds and it made me so sick. (I'm allergic to milk)

I am still working on getting in enough fluid, I was very frustrated that at first I could not get it all in, but each day I add a little more.

I've been on a full liquid diet for 4 days. I was not eating enough the past couple of days and felt horrible, today has been much better. I have been eating/drinking something every two hours. I feel like a baby :)

Ready for a month to go by!

Hi Amosbro. Wishing you well on your surgery. I'm from southern Cali. Getting ready Togo to Sacto to visit my best friend. Love it up there. Maybe we can meet up one day.

Figured I'd check in. Went in on Tues the 12th, I was surgery #2 that day. Had a nice chat with some nurse guy named David, what a sweetheart, alleviated my fears quite a bit. My surgeon popped in as well and helped me not to be so freaked out.

Then some other nice lady gave me some Versed and took me into the OR. They like, inflated my mattress or something and I remember them moving me over and next thing I knew I woke up. Kept asking "what happened?"

The stay is kind of a blur. I had a morphine pump that I could hit every 7 minutes. That thing was awesome. Lots of poking for bloodwork and they gave me these little sponge thingies on a stick that had been dipped in cold water. They kept me an extra day, there is no way I could have gone home the day after, too much pain.

Chocolate Ensure, which I liked before the surgery, is awful. So is chocolate CIB. Hate it. Since getting home I've been doing vanilla Ensure and lots of lemonade/water/tea flavored Crystal Light. They say no cold stuff - and in the hospital cold stuff did irritate me some but now I can handle it. Lemonade's my favorite tho. I've also been doing lots of sugar free popsicles.

Getting in all the fluids and protein is a challenge not because I don't wanna drink, but because I'm sleeping so much. I do drink more each day though, so yay progress.

One thing to be warned about - HICCUPS! OMG they are awful! The best way to get rid of hiccups is to make yourself gag - seriously, it "reboots" your diaphragm or whatever. Problem is for the first coupla days after surgery I had no gag reflex.

I am day 4 postop, still need the rx painkillers. Going to switch to Tylenol tonight though, the rx stuff works but keeps me sleepy and I need to get up and walk more.

So far, so good. Just need to walk more. When you wake up you're probably gonna wonder "What have I done?!" but it'll pass.

Edited by cinwa

Had my robotic gastric bypass on June 4th. Doing unbelievable! I'm tolerating protein shakes, plenty of water, exercise and dropping weight like no ones business. First appointment is June 26th and I'm hoping he says I can swing a golf club. That's what I miss most. Oh yeah, that and pizza. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I am super nervous! My surgery is tomorrow morning! Any words of encouragement are appreciated!

Amosbro you're gonna do just fine, you've been preparing for weeks, now all you gotta do is go in there and let your surgeon do their thing :) Let us know when you get back home!

Thank you so much! I go in at 6:15am. I will report back soon!)

Hello. I just found this group today. I have my RNY scheduled for June 29th. I go in at 5am. I am super excited. I am currently on a pre-op diet and doing well. They have me on 3 protein shakes a day and 2 cups of broccoli. Oh, how I miss meat. I just want to eat a big cheeseburger and some BBQ ribs. But I am sticking to my 500 calorie a day diet for three weeks before the surgery and being good. I wish everyone that has surgery before me the best of luck!

Hi Jennifer! I'm scheduled for my RnY 2 days before you on the 27th! Fortunately I don't have to follow a pre-op diet, but I'm monitoring my diet very closely- lots of protein drinks, greek yogurt, and raw veggies... so far so good, but a cheeseburger sounds heavenly!

Hi all, I just found this post. I had RNY on June 20th. Everyday really does get better. Like everyone else posted, its hard getting in all of the protein. While in the hospital, they got me up right after I was in my room and I was instructed to walk every two hours. It honestly felt better to walk than lay in that bed and it got rid of all the gas in my back and shoulder blades so walking is a big thing after. SF Popsicles and the hot Decaf Tea got me thru my hospital stay. The biggest thing now....the staples and the drain. I cannot wait to get rid of those! Good Luck to everyone :)

Tomorrow is my day! 25th is the day ive been thinking about wondering if it would really happen and here we go...

Had a scare with insurance they waited till 430 friday afternoon to finally approve everything..

Nervous, excited, and everything rolled into one.

Edited by ItsTime4Me

I have mine on the 21st. I am now sipping drinks, resting and walking. I am kinda bored but know that this is one for a short time. I think for me the drinking enough water is the hard part.

Hi! Just found this today too! I had RNY June 13th. Went to post-op today..DOWN 15 pounds since surgery. I get to start soft foods...yippee. Never been so excitied to have cottage cheese! : )

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was June 11th. The first couple of weeks were a bit rough, pain-wise, but after that, it's all pretty good! I'm glad I had mine early enough in the Summer to be able to enjoy the rest of it w/out the pain and other issues that go along with being recently post-op :-). Only thing kinda bumming me out, now, as that I'm scheduled for hernia repair in 2 weeks. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long to recover! I gotz planz for the summer and autumn, after all :-).

Had mine on June 25th, things are going well although the first week was pretty rough. Feeling like I will never start losing a substantial amount of weight - have only lost about 7lbs since the surgery.... :unsure:

Even if it is going slow, you are losing weight. If you are concerned, don't wait to talk to your doctor.