4me

Lump in breast

Just wondering if anyone has noted a lump after major weight loss? I found one two weeks ago but I found it when I had done some exercises and the lump was sore so I thought it was musculoskeletal and weighted two weeks. This week the lump is still there, and sore. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow to get it checked out. I guess I am trying to keep a positive attitude and hoping the lump is nothing but fatty tissue that is irritated by my bra?? I was just wondering if anyone noted any lumps after weight loss that turned out OK? Some prayers would not hurt!!

My mom is a 20 year wls veteran and she had a lump several years back. Her's was just a non-malignant fatty nodule and they did tell her that they were very common in women who've lost a lot of weight. I am praying for you. I can only imagine how scared you must be. Praying all goes well at your appt.

Mine have always been lumpy, but the more they deflate, the more lumps I find that slightly concern me. I'm keeping a close eye on them, but if anything seems out of the ordinary to you, most definitely see your doc. Hoping it's "nothing"!

I have noticed a couple lumps too lately. I am keeping an eye on them but my doc did say it was normal to have fatty nodules or lumpy muscles. I guess I've never paid much attention to my muscles before but since I have been weight training and getting them back I notice they feel so lumpy. I was worried at first until my husband let me know it was normal. Never thought I would be concerned about muscle lol! Guess that's an NSv right?! :)

Yes, I found a lump in my stomach. I went to doctor and he ended up removing it. It ended up being a vein! But he said that it is normal to have nodules after weight loss. I have a ton of them in my stomach. If they are tender though it is definitely something to check out. Mine was sore but may have been from constantly touching it trying to figure it out and freaking out about it. Leave it alone and have the doctor check it out.

I just got my results back from tests last week for the very same problem. They said it was just common after weight loss to have fatty nodules, especially painful ones, in the breast. Keep your head up. ALWAYS have them checked out regardless. I don't play with my breast health. I have way too much breast cancer in my family.

follow up - appointment today - There is definitely a swollen lymph node and some changes in breast tissue - doctor ordered routine mammagram, digital mammogram, ultrasound with possible biopsy next week. More waiting and trying not to panic.

My thoughts are with you. Keep us advised. I hope and pray all is well for you.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. I'm glad your doc is checking everything out for you. Take good care of yourself.

Thank you everyone I am greatly appreciative of the support and prayers! I know this is not WLS related however when I originally posed I was hoping the changes were related to the weight loss.

I love that so many are so supportive on this web site. We are all here for you! Keep us posted, hopefully its nothing major.

follow up - appointment today - There is definitely a swollen lymph node and some changes in breast tissue - doctor ordered routine mammagram, digital mammogram, ultrasound with possible biopsy next week. More waiting and trying not to panic.

Try not to worry I had a mammogram show dense breast tissue and was very worried but once they did further testing they said the tissue looked healthy they think it is just the breast tissue looks different because of the major weight loss. My breast were sore for over a month after the compression views they did and I was scared to death. I now just need to have a mammogram again in 6 months to be sure all still looks ok.

I was just thinking that I need a mammogram soon, I know my annual in June. I am suddenly worried that now that my breasts are deflated that all that fat may have been hiding a lump. Hoping and praying for a positive outcome for you!!!

I'm praying for you. Hope all goes well and nothing is wrong

I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Good luck with all your upcoming tests. God is watching over you!

UPDATE _ tests today - No cancer - 2 swollen lymph nodes to watch- will get blood work soon. Thats a relief! Thank you to everyone for all the support! So happy, and I appreciate my friends and families so much more now! Its the little things in life that mean the most not just stuff!

I'm glad that is no cancer! Did they mention why you have swollen lymph nodes? Does weight loss cause that sometimes?

Congratulations on a good outcome - that must be a great relief to you.

Please everyone don't ignore getting your annual mammograms and checking out things like lumps and gland in the arms that are swollen. I am glad it wasn't cancer for you! Sometimes it is Cancer in my case it was and it was caught in time and I am cancer free. I didn't feel a lump or anything. It was found in on a mammogram. This all happened a year after I had got my sleeve.

So glad the tests came back with good news and so quickly! I did find one about 6 mo after my surgery and it took another 6 months to rule out breast cancer. Panicked because my bestie is a stage 4 breast cancer survivor. Always get it checked. Doesnt matter what your age is. Better to be safe than sorry. Happy {{{Hugs}}}

Janie thank you for sharing your story! I am so glad everything worked out for you. Yes it is very important to stay on top of all our preventative self checks and tests!