Zinneerah

tip for big breasts

Just thought I would throw this out there. I have very large breasts and an incision under each one. I am 4 days post op. Since we can not use powder or anything it can get hot/sticky under there. So I took a pillow case and just keep it in between my breasts and skin constantly to keep it dry. It does feel a lot better and is keeping the incision areas dry. Just thought I would share in case anyone had the same problem :)

That's a great idea!

Once I was home, I cut an Always pad in half and tucked that under the band of my sleep bra because I had a drain coming out under my left breast and that was very uncomfortable, sweaty and sticky.

Yeah I am afraid to put a bra on yet as the band would rub right where the incisions are. Thank goodness my drain spot is a little lower

I couldn't have worn a regular bra with the drain - thankfully, I already had a sleep bra like this - it was really comfortable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-WHITE-SLEEP-LEISURE-BRA-Size-46-fits-B-C-D-Cup-Sizes-1-Bra-Only-Wire-free-/120896646595?pt=US_CSA_WC_Intimates&hash=item1c26006dc3#ht_4256wt_1135

I have really soft baby washcloths that I pulled out of the closet from when my kids where little....I fold them on the diagonal and padd the band of my bra with them!! :)

I did the same thing! Unfortunatly I couldn't wear a bra for almost a month. the underwires or the elastics of the bra were exactly on the incision

these are great tips ladies, thank you!!! :D

Just thought I would throw this out there. I have very large breasts and an incision under each one. I am 4 days post op. Since we can not use powder or anything it can get hot/sticky under there. So I took a pillow case and just keep it in between my breasts and skin constantly to keep it dry. It does feel a lot better and is keeping the incision areas dry. Just thought I would share in case anyone had the same problem :)

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely use this tip in a few months when I have my surgery :)

I have used bra padding for decades... and still like to wear them in the hot & sticky months... I use and really like these sold by amplestuff:

http://www.amplestuf...nerspkgof3.aspx

These work so well for those of us that remain 'endowed' post WLS...

I see they have liners for those of us left with a pannus that gets hot & sticky... minus plastic surgery, many of us end up with excess skin hanging- I'm ordering some of those for myself- my pannus suffers chafing terribly.

http://www.amplestuf...nerspkgof3.aspx

I had to that same problem......I went without a bra for about two weeks (didn't leave the house though). I used socks under each...LOL

I have a leisure/sleep bra that worked great after the first few days home. Luckily my incisions are a tad lower and the soft band is right under the breast.

Before surgery I had developed a yeast infection under one breast and am using cream and powder that my doctor prescribed but I can't seem to get rid of it. Anyone out there experience this?

A sports bra can do great during this time as well and if you need to stuff washcloths or other fabric for padding underneath, the sports bra holds it in place. I got mine at Target.

I wore a cheap sports bra I got at walmart, soft cotton, and it hooked in the front, so no trying to contort into a real bra. I had an open bypass, so I just had one long incision, and it was a bit under the bra area, but it was still hard to go braless because of how big my boobs were/are.

You still have breasts? Mine have totally deflated....they are having a great time getting acquainted with Mr. Bellybutton. :lol:

On a serious note, i too, used the the soft facecloth thing to help with that discomfort.

Ah man! I read this and thought it said how to get big breasts (possibly since mine have run-ed away, never to return again! :unsure: )

LOL lizzy,

That is too funny!!! You made my hubby wonder what in the world I was reading because out of the blue, I just started laughing uncontrolably!!! Too Too Funny!!!

I still have mine (for now) and managed to make one of my NSV (go me!!!) After a total loss of 58 pounds weight loss, I can OFFICIALLY look down and see my toes WITHOUT bending over LOL!!!

However, I am afraid I am right behind y'all with the deflation of "the girls"!

Poppy

I am one week post op. I can wear a bra because my incisions are far enough down, though I do have very large boobies. Under my left b reast about and inch under is a lovely little fat roll and they put 2 incisions in there. In order to keep it dry I am always tucking my under shirt in there. I have been thinking of putting the gause back in that spot till its healed.