Hydrothermal Ablation

I am glad it went well. I got a terrible infection afterwards, it was pretty awful and I had a temp of 105. That was no fun. Other than that, it went pretty well. I also had a lot of endometrial tissue. Here is hoping for no periods!

Thanks for the info Caffe! Glad all is going well. I see my doc next week and we make the plan.

• 4 months later...

Update -- had my ablation done on December 13 2012... Here it is April 26 2013 and I haven't had ANY period, spotting, etc....  I'm loving this!  Especially after the prior six months of nearly hemorrhaging every time... this procedure has been a g-dsend!  

Lisa

So glad it's worked out well for you!!   I had my ablation about 4 years ago and have continued to have a period every month, although MUCH reduced thankfully.  Lots less pain too, so I would do it over again in a heartbeat.  

I got to have three years free of periods! Very nice! Now I just have spotting....off and on

• 7 years later...

I’m supposed to be getting ready to see my dr for one due to daily pain and very painful periods. I am soon to be 35... They did a ultrasound and found that I have fibroids that are pulling heavily on my uterus causing this pain. Every other option they gave me would stop the issue but said eventually they would return so I feel like this will be my best option.

Any advice would be great 

On 11/12/2020 at 5:43 AM, JenniferW said:

I’m supposed to be getting ready to see my dr for one due to daily pain and very painful periods. I am soon to be 35... They did a ultrasound and found that I have fibroids that are pulling heavily on my uterus causing this pain. Every other option they gave me would stop the issue but said eventually they would return so I feel like this will be my best option.

Any advice would be great 

I had a uterine ablation about 12 years ago and never had a period again!   At that time, I was bleeding heavily and cramping a lot, sort of like I was suddenly 13 again LOL.  Ablation did wonders for me.  I was past childbearing, so make sure to discuss that with your doctor as well since you are only 35.