amm489

hair thinning/loss

i am about 6 months out and my hair is reallly thinning out and i can definatley notice some hair loss. I was thinking of trying Nixion hair products and the Biotin. Has anyone tried the Nixion and/or Biotin? did it help? if so when did you see results! i need help i cant stand my hair being so thin like this!!

I USED BIOTIN AND DID NOT NOTICE ANY CHANGE GOOD OR BAD. I LOST HAIR FROM ABOUT MONTH 2 UNTIL ABOUT MONTH 9 AND I ALREADY HAD THIN HAIR SO IT WAS VERY NOTICABLE. i ENDED UP WEARING A WIG FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS BECAUSE I GOT EXTENSTIONS AND WHEN I HAD THEM TAKEN OUT THEY PULLED OUT A LOT OF MY HAIR AROUND MY BANGS AREA. I USED JOAN RIVERS HAIR POWDER THAT GOES RIGHT ON THE SCALPE THAT HIDES THE SCALPE AND BLENDS IT TO THE COLOR OF YOUR HAIR AND NO ONE CAN TELL YOUR HAIR IS THINNING WITH THIS PRODUCT. I STILL USE IT RIGHT ON TOP I HAVE THYRIOD DISEASE AND MY HAIR HAS COME BACK FROM SURGERY THAT I LOST BUT I STILL HAVE THAT LITTLE SPOT I HAD BEFORE SURGERY THAT SHOWS MY SCALP A LITTLE SO I USE THIS AND IT MAKES SURE A DIFFERENCE. IT IS 19.99 BUT ONE GET ONE FREE AND NO SHIPPING YOU SHOULD REALLY GIVE IT A TRY. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

I'm close to my 5 months mark at the end of this month. My hair has really started to thin as well...I have very fine, naturally curly hair so I personally think it's quite noticeable...it causes me a lot of anxiety

I’ve been told by many people that the hair loss will stop eventually and that new healthy hair will grow back if you take care of yourself and make sure to get the protein in. So, that’s what I’ve been attempting to do... I’m hopeful :)

IT IS 19.99 BUT ONE GET ONE FREE AND NO SHIPPING YOU SHOULD REALLY GIVE IT A TRY. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

Hi! Where is this found for this price (two for one)? I have googled this and I only see one for $19.99. :)

EDITED: Disregard.. I found it. (And ordered.) http://www.joanriversgreathairday.com/ I've never heard of this but the reviews that I found at the other sites (Walgreens and Bed Bath and Beyond) were good. I'll try ANYTHING.

Edited by kimbernada

I don't really like the Nioxin stuff. I started out with the #3 set that I bought from Amazon. It has that really strong minty scent to it. (Ick.) I recently bought the #4 set for noticeably thinning hair that is chemically treated. The scent isn't as strong, so that's good. What I've found with both sets, though, is that it makes my hair feel and look very damaged. Kind of frizzy-ish. I know it's good for my SCALP, but I still want my hair to look good too.

A friend asked me if I was having problems with hair loss when I told her about my GB. I told her I was doing great no problem at all.

A few days later I notice a lot of hair coming out when I wash my hair, from that day on , I can make a sweater with the amount of hair I find in the floor.

Oh well, I am still so grateful for the weight loss.

From what I heard, the hair loss will stop eventually.

So it's all good.

Adriana

Just yesterday I noticed that as I combed out my wet hair....there was more on the comb than I am used to. I have been taking Biotin, but not sure it has helped. I guess time will tell how bad it gets.

My hair started falling out at about 6 weeks. It came out in handfuls and continued for months. It has recently stopped falling out and for a while I had all there little new hairs standing straight out all over my head. I got a cute, flirty, short bob at a few months out and it really helped my hair look fuller and helped me not freak out at all the long hairs in the shower. That bought me some time, but the thinning continued and my hair texture became limp and drab. At one point, I went to my hairstylist and she recommended an expensive shampoo and conditioner and finishing product and it REALLY worked! (Using Aveda Smooth Infusion, but I got a sample of Redken Time Reset and it worked well, too.) My hair became shiny again and "looked" fuller. Now that my hair is actually BECOMING fuller again, I got it cut even shorter and sassier...just for fun!

edit: Oh!I have used biotin since 6 months pre-op. My skin and nails have stayed great! Hair still took a hit!

Edited by BugdocMom

I started taking biotin at about 3 weeks post-op and I swear by it. I haven't lost any hair and I'm 10 months out. I was also told that your hair will fall out less and your nails will stay stronger if you keep your protein levels up...when my nails started breaking a lot around January I started taking in more protein...along with the biotin...and the problem is fixed. I use Joico thickening shampoo and conditioner on my hair most of the time....I can't remember the exact name of it though.

I didn't have much of any hair loss that I (or my hairdresser) noticed, but I as my hair started to become more grey, it was much finer so I tried Nioxin and I'd agree with kimbernada - I thought it was harsh and it left my hair very dry.

I don't know if my comment helps but I tried everything and nothing has worked. I started losing hair at 3 months out. It stopped for around 3 months and has recently started again at 8 months. My hair has gone from very thick, beautiful hair to wispy strands. Even my fringe (I guess you call them bangs) can no longer be worn down because it looks like spiders legs. I have used the 'bobble' test (I think I made this up)! I used to be able to wrap a hair bobble around my hair twice or three times maximum and the third wrap around my ponytail was hard work. Now I struggle to tighten a ponytail at 6 wraparounds.

I am considering hair extensions since I get married June 2nd and want to be Cinderella not Baldarella :)

From what every expert tells me it is due to the anesthesia and the shock your body goes through after surgery. There is not much we can do except eat healthy, take our vitamins, and wash your hair less. It is hard on it to wash it every day. It is weird at first but your hair adjusts and stops getting oily. My hair got a little thin but not too bad and it is back to being nice and thick.

The short answer? No two persons experiences are alike. MY long answer: I started taking Biotin at 3 mos PRE-op. I'm now 7+ mos post-op and I do lose some hair every day, but not enough to make me panic (I have thick, naturally curly hair). I have talked to people that have lost absolutely none and some who have lost it in 'chemo-clumps'. I think it has a lot to do with your genetics and your personal intake of nutrients, which can vary widely from person to person.

I will continue to take my Biotin until I stop losing hair, just to be on the safe side.