Sign in to follow this  
mandapanda

how are the October 2011's doing?

So how is everyone doing that had surgery in October? Is there anything you are struggling with? How much weight have you lost? any questions or concerns?

So for me I have lost just about 80 pounds so far. It seems the hair loss is easing up a little bit. I am pretty sure i am in a stall. Have been for about 3 weeks. I have been working out about 3 times a week but trying to go more. hmm struggling with cravings and trying to to give in So far i just try to have a little bite but i shouldnt even do that.

hope everyone is doing ok.

Like you I have had issues with hair loss, did my 6 month check up and the doctor is pleased with my progress. Lost over 80 pounds overall, down from a size 22/24 to 14/16. I have issues with not really being hungry so I sometimes forget to eat on time and then at the end of the day I am starving and I eat too fast.

All in all I am pleased with my progress.

Hi! Hair loss seems to be slowing down, now if it would just start coming back. I'm not having any issues with dumping, which worries me a little bit. I wish that sweets and sugar bothered me, but they don't, so I have to rely on my sheer will power, which sometimes is non exisitent. I'm down about 103 lbs from highest weight and about 75 since surgery. I have my 6 month follow up appt on the 16th and I hope they will be pleased with my progress. All is all, best decision I've ever made!

Had my surgery on the 31st of October last year.

So far I have lost 102 pounds and reached onderland for the first time in years! :D

• I work out 5 days a week.
  • I get in all my vitamins, water and protein every day and still have very bad hair loss – can’t wait for it to end.
  • I still don’t know if I dump, and I am too scared to find out as it helps to keep me on track being scared that I might dump.
  • I do not have any regrets, except I should have done this year ago!

Hope you are all well and the best of luck with your journeys. :)

I had my surgery 10/24/11. It was the best decision I have made in my life. I got my life back! I walk 4-5 mi/day, 5 days a week. I just recently purchased a bike. Haven't ridden for years, so I'm still pretty shaky. My goal is to be able to ride to the little town near us (6 mi) by the end of summer. I can say, truthfully, that I LOVE walking now. Down 80 lbs. and lovin' it!!

I am glad to see we are doing so well. Hopefully the updates will keep rolling in.

My surgery was oct. 10th, the first couple of months for me were the most difficult as I was phisically not feeling good. I have always been cry active, and I couldn't exercise much at all those two first months. months 3 and 4 were easier and more enjoyable. Months 5 and 6 we're a lot of fun, specially being able to buy non plus size clothes :D so many more options now it's great :D

My health has greatly improved. I am being tapered off insulin Starting this week. Before I was on a high dose of insulin and high dose of several diabetes oral medications. I am no longer on high blood pressure meds anymore. My a1c is now 5.5, average morning glucose is 109.