MissBear2008

Unbelievable! 3weeks Post-Op! 7weeks Pregnant!

I dont know how to even begin to grasp this whole situation.

Im a big ball of mixed up emotions right now.

Im so excited to be a mommy, but yet so scared of the situation.

Lets see where do i start.....sorry this is going to be pretty long.

Well everything post op up until the begining of this week was great!

I was doing great with my fluid and food intake no complaints.

Only major problem is after my staples were removed, One of the incisions

got infected. Had to start taking antibotics and go ever other day to get

incision cleaned and packed with gauze. (Incision an inch wide and 4 cm deep)

2weeks post op came around and i wasnt feeling to hot. The lower right side of my abdomen

was really starting to hurt and I was frequently getting dizzy throught out the day,

and then Monday started the dreaded nausea!!! Tuesday took my viatamins early morning and not even 30sec later was in the bathroom throwing up, which made the lower abdominal pain worse.

So I finally decided to go into ER.

Nurse came back and asked if there was any chance I could be pregnant.

Told him there wasn't, Doc had done preg test a week before surgery and one on day of surgery,

and had been "GOOD" since surgery.

and then "Well are you sure? Because the pregnancy test came back POSITIVE!"

I followed that by "Your lieing!" at least 10times! and then a brief apology for being so rude.

After that theydid a HCG blood test which also showed positive.

Normal level of HCG 50,ME 30,000!

The last confirmation. An Ultrasound, which showed my little blueberry, and a cyst in my ovary that is

causing this dreaded pain!!!

I have my first OB/GYN appt tomorrow, and on Sat. I will be 8weeks.

I really do hope everything turns out ok!

Did I mention IM HORRIFIED! :eek:

WOW - so you were 4 weeks pregnant at surgery time and they didn't even know? That is amazing. I can understand being scared....you must have so many questions about the effects of the surgery and the medications on the little bambino. Sending prayers your way. Is this your first child? Motherhood is one of the most amazing things I have been thru in my life....topped only by grandmotherhood!!!

Well...congrats! I'm thinking you will have quite a story to tell your little one when he/she arrives. :wub:

1whole month on the day of Surgery! The anethesia was my biggest concern along with the morphine I was taking the first night in the hospital. I only took my pain med maybe 3 days post op. But O do I have questions! I hope they gave me a good portion of time for my appt tomorrow!

Yes indeed it is my first child :-)

A Grand story it will be <3

Thank your for your thoughts :wub:

Oh my goodness, you're mind must be going in a million different directions. I wish you all the best to a happy healthy pregnancy.

oh wow! i can only imagine how you must be feeling! i wish nothing but the best to you and your little one! and i must say he/she is a miracle baby!! keep us updated!! xoxo

Heard the babies heart beat today! <3 Felt so reassuring! Couldn't begin to explain how great it felt!

Everything is looking great so far!!! I do have an appointment with a Genetics counselor next week, to discuss anesthesia and medication effects.

How wonderful for you. I was 10 weeks pregnant and didn't know and was taking very harmful (to the fetus) medication to address my epilepsy. I had been off birthcontrol for 10 years and never got pregnant so I didn't know. I had all the genetic tests I could have (was also over 40) and the baby was fine. He is now almost two and a real joy. Good luck!

Awww Thank you for that. Did make me feel a lot better :-) Im glad to hear that everything went well for you. I’m extremely certain that everything is in fact going the way it should, but of course you can never take in TOO MUCH information.

What an amazing story to tell. What a shock it must still be, but one of the most amazing thing is hearing the heart beat. Good luck and please keep us updated. I wish you the best with recovery from wls and with your pregnancy. What has your wls surgeon said?

Thank You :-)

I haven't spoke with my surgeon yet, although he is aware. I have an appointment with him in a couple of weeks. I follow up with his Phys Assistant, which has been keeping in touch with me. Im also getting reffered to a High Risk OB/GYN

Yikes and congrats!!! I hope they can manage everything well for you and your little nugget-to-be! Being a mom is the coolest thing I've ever done in my life and is my greatest accomplishment. :)

Wow! Well congratulations! Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations! And wow I'd be freaked out too. Will keep you and your little one in my prayers. That is one tough little baby! :)

Sorry to keep everyone waiting so long, have been really dreading writing this post. Found out last Friday that my baby no longer had a heartbeat and was not growing. Did a re-scan ultrasound yesterday with the same outcome and a diagnosis of miscarriage due to abnormal pregnancy. :-/

Hanging in there.....Times are tough.....

I am so sorry for your loss and take care of yourself.Prayers to you and your family.

I am so sorry ....

I'm so sorry to hear this... You will be in my thoughts.

So very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

I am so sorry to hear that MissBear - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thoughts & prayers are with you. Sending hugs also!!

I'm so sorry hon, hugs

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs.

Sorry to keep everyone waiting so long, have been really dreading writing this post. Found out last Friday that my baby no longer had a heartbeat and was not growing. Did a re-scan ultrasound yesterday with the same outcome and a diagnosis of miscarriage due to abnormal pregnancy. :-/

Hanging in there.....Times are tough.....

I am extremely sorry to hear that and will be praying for you