Kirabelle

Eharmony for WLS: who is going to invent this?

On a completely separate note.... I updated my picture last week but it's still showing me the one from before it. When I go to change it again, it shows the current one. Which one are you guys seeing? The pink sweater or the polkadot dress?

Polkadot dress.

men. SMH

I see the pink sweater.

Polkadot dress.

men. SMH

I see the pink sweater.

What the heck?!?!!? Two different answers, LOL.

What the heck?!?!!? Two different answers, LOL.

That's what I was thinking too. But yes the picture I see is the one with the pink sweater.

they might have to refresh their browser. It is probably seeing the cached imaged.

I had refreshed my browser, cleared my cache and logged on with a brand new device. I was still seeing the pink sweater. Now all of a sudden, it's the polkadots. Go figure.

Now I see the polka dots picture.

I see polka dot as well. But while the pic is cute (it definitely is) I want more updates. This topic makes me laugh. Any new experiences?

Edited by PghManda

I finally deleted my POF account. I am so completely bored with it. But I do have a new crush at work. I think he likes me too, but there are some... complications. I'll tell you guys more later.

Ok, so here's the story. The guy at work has a girlfriend. Before everyone starts hating on me, we havent done anything but be friends. Even our text messages are mostly innocent. He's been with her for about 8 years but he's not happy. When I first started talking to him, it was really just as a friend, but somewhere along the way, he grew on me. He's the sweetest guy I've ever met. The more stuff I learn about him, the more I like. I will not so much as even tell him I have feelings for him unless he ends his current relationship. I feel like there could be something good between us, but I want to to start out clean and honest.

So now I just sit and wait for him to realize he deserves better.

Be careful hun...

Feel like I haven't talked to you in forever...

Woo made it through all 15 pages.... .holy moly. This is an interesting thread. At 19 i have yet to date anyone. I have an okcupid and a pof profiles and not many replies. I am hoping that when i have this surgery and i get healthier i will get more answers. I know i will get a lot of answers from people simply judging on looks but i think since i will be able to do a bunch of different activities i hope i will find some good ones. I hope you guys have good luck and find some good guys!

No luck here! I have dated, but mostly it ends horribly. I deleted and then made new profiles a couple months later. One ended up being married, another lied about his age and was 20, the rest just aren't that into me. Story of my life. I thought this would get easier when the weight came off... why isn't that happening??? I hope I am not that horribly broken and unlovable. I refuse to settle. I'd rather be alone.

Kira your not unlovable! The thing i just keep remembering is that even though my standards are kinda high, that i shouldn't settle but instead be flexible. :D

No luck here! I have dated, but mostly it ends horribly. I deleted and then made new profiles a couple months later. One ended up being married, another lied about his age and was 20, the rest just aren't that into me. Story of my life. I thought this would get easier when the weight came off... why isn't that happening??? I hope I am not that horribly broken and unlovable. I refuse to settle. I'd rather be alone.

Don't think that you are broken. You just haven't met the right one yet. Maybe look at what you are saying in your profile and what you are really looking for. Maybe you haven't set your standards high enough. Good luck!

OMG you guys! Has it really been almost 2 months since I posted?!?!?! Im just getting ready to leave work, but I'll try to catch you all up tomorrow!

Ok, so here's the update. He broke up with his girlfrield and she moved out that day. Clearly it wasn't unexpected.

We had our first 'official date' on September 29. October 17 he got scared and broke up with me, but we were both miserable. The 19th we decided to just slow things down a little bit, That week we talked a lot and he told me he was scared he was going to screw things up and didnt want to get hurt. I told him that I was scared too (especially since I didnt seem to be able to keep anyone around longer than a month!) and that I thought what we could have would be worth it.

We still havent told people at work. It's not really any of their business. Most people think he's still dating his ex. We've gone out with co-workers and I love to dress as provocative as I can to drive him crazy. He's seen me completely bumming it in sweatpants and without one stitch of makeup on my face and still thinks I'm adorable. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I can completely be myself.

That is so awesome MJ....I am so happy for you!

Ok, so here's the update. He broke up with his girlfrield and she moved out that day. Clearly it wasn't unexpected.

We had our first 'official date' on September 29. October 17 he got scared and broke up with me, but we were both miserable. The 19th we decided to just slow things down a little bit, That week we talked a lot and he told me he was scared he was going to screw things up and didnt want to get hurt. I told him that I was scared too (especially since I didnt seem to be able to keep anyone around longer than a month!) and that I thought what we could have would be worth it.

We still havent told people at work. It's not really any of their business. Most people think he's still dating his ex. We've gone out with co-workers and I love to dress as provocative as I can to drive him crazy. He's seen me completely bumming it in sweatpants and without one stitch of makeup on my face and still thinks I'm adorable. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I can completely be myself.

Happy to hear I hope that you guys keep up the happiness!!!! Its always nice when you don't have to worry about being "pretty" around the person you care about all the time.

The only thing that sucks is that since we're on mandatory 12 hour shifts at work, we barely get to spend any time together (especially with me going to school!) but we get stolen moments here and there!

Glad you found someone! I met a guy through work too. Also had a girlfriend he was on the brink of ending things with. They broke up, he freaked, and decided to "give it one last try". I give up!!! The chemistry was insane with us, but he chose comfortable. Awesome.

I thought I broke my curse... made it past the one month mark. He broke up with me last night. Typical "there's nothing wrong with you" crap. I give up. Now not only did I lose my boyfriend, I also lost my best friend.

sounds like he just wasnt ready for a relationship so soon.... it was unfair to you for him to even try.....

Sorry to hear about that. I keep joking that I can't make it past the 2 1/2 month mark before either the guy or myself suddenly lose all interest. I'm at a month with my new guy so I guess we'll see if I can break the cycle. LOL