Sign in to follow this  
AngelaMarie

After bypass questions

Hi my name is Angela.

I have a few questions.

I had my surgery on 3/2 so I am 13 days post op. Its been a rough experience and not as smooth as I had anticipated.

Is it normal to have low potassium after bypass?

I am on soft foods now but the plain applesauce doesnt taste very good and neither does the plain yogurt with no flavor.

Can I add cinnamon to the apple sauce and splenda or vanilla extract to the yogurt?

I also seem to have a "dump" after I take in any non-fat milk.

Thanks so much for your help and support.

Hi my name is Angela.

I have a few questions.

I had my surgery on 3/2 so I am 13 days post op. Its been a rough experience and not as smooth as I had anticipated.

Is it normal to have low potassium after bypass?

I am on soft foods now but the plain applesauce doesnt taste very good and neither does the plain yogurt with no flavor.

Can I add cinnamon to the apple sauce and splenda or vanilla extract to the yogurt?

I also seem to have a "dump" after I take in any non-fat milk.

Thanks so much for your help and support.

Is it normal to have low potassium after bypass? It can happen depending on your preoperative potassium and your medications.

Can I add cinnamon to the apple sauce and splenda or vanilla extract to the yogurt? Yes and Yes

I also seem to have a "dump" after I take in any non-fat milk. Could be lactose intolerance. Consider avoiding milk for now and try again in a couple of weeks.