Tiwanaku

Anyone else scheduled for WLS in May?

I am scheduled for May 14th as well. I'm SO ready for this :)

Well, tentatively scheduled pending my insurance approval (was denied the first time around!)

Edited by Mrs.Jackson

Just had my pre-op appointment today, so next time I go to Boston it will be for my surgery day!

Scheduled for May 7 too :)

Only have 2 more days to go! I hope this weekend flies by! Had my EGD today and it has made my stomach grumble all day and when they put the propofol through the IV, it hurt so bad that I cried (and I HATE crying)...Hurry up Monday!!

May 23rd. I am so excited. Seems like eons from now but I know before I know it I will be on my way! Best of luck to all of you

ClaireO- only 17 more days to go! I'm 5/23 too. I have my countdown app remind me every day. I cannot wait!

Only have 2 more days to go! I hope this weekend flies by! Had my EGD today and it has made my stomach grumble all day and when they put the propofol through the IV, it hurt so bad that I cried (and I HATE crying)...Hurry up Monday!!

Good luck tomorrow, camogal34!

Today's the day! Good luck everyone!

Good luck to you on your surgeries tomorrow - Camogal34 and Dam!

I did it! Had surgery at 745 Monday morning. Today has been my roughest day so far but am doing ok. Happy to now be on the losers bench! Good luck to all of you whose surgeries are just around the corner!!

I had my surgery Tue 5/8 at 7:30 am and the worst for me was Tue night and Wed, and it was only due to gas pains, i haven't really had gas pains since Wed other than the occasional burp which isnt pleasant but not horrible either, Ooh i did hiccup once and that HURT! Otherwise everything is going very well. My biggest issue i am having is drinking the recommended amount of water, and getting my mind wrapped around how little i can eat and walk now.

SamanthaRose, I have those same gas pains! I was sitting in the living room a few minutes ago and my stomach made the god-awfulest noise! Yesterday was the worst day that I had and I was just beat. I actually went to the grocery store and did my regular shopping, but I didn't unload or put the stuff away. I did okay driving and everything else. It is kinda aggravating to be burping constantly....but it's a trade off I am glad to have! Congrats on your surgery!

Camogal and SamathaRose - are either of you taking Gas x or something to help relieve the gas? Just wondering - I have my surgery Monday and bought the Gas x strips.

Honey, yes! I have a box in my purse and keep it with me all the time. It says the limit is 8 per day but it wouldn't take much to surpass that. I have taken 3 in the last 2 hours and I'm still on strictly clear liquid diet. The Gax-X strips I bought were the extra strength ones. They work good for a little while but seems like they wear off quickly too.

I just went clothes shopping today at a bunch of thrift shops, looking for dresses cause even elastic banded pants hurt my stomach. And phew that was a lot of work, i found that if i walk very slow im ok but the car ride hurts i have to lean back while driving and avoid bumpy roads otherwise it hurts too much.

No im not taking anything for the gas, when i mentioned it to the nurse and doctor they both said best thing to do is just walk it off. Im not sure i would want to try gas-x either, in the past it has always made me feel bloated.

My surgery was May 6th so I guess this is my 'class' :)

Well, welcome to the class. My surgery was the day after yours, on the 7th. Great to see you here!

Driving hurts! What is that about? I did the school runs, morning and afternoon (about 5 miles each way), did the grocery store shop for the first time since surgery and my abs ache like I've done 1000 situps. I never thought about using my abs to steer a shopping cart but seriously, it's laid me flat out in pain, back on paracetomol. Did I overdo it or am I just a major wimp?

Today is my birthday and I'm not even trying for anything good, just cream of chicken soup for dinner, woot! LOL

Happy Birthday Lily-

My stomach is still sore in the one spot where the dent is, the location where the surgeon inserted the stapler... It mainly hurts to turn corners or if I have to react fast. I don't think you are a wimp, they cut through your muscles to get the tools in to do the surgery and you will have to heal from the inside out.

I know it's hard to take it easy, especially when you are feeling better. One strenuous day puts me on the couch for the next exhausted and sore.

Edited by Fat Bottom Girl

Same here, I can 'do' one day but I'll be down for the count the next. I'm learning to pick my 'do' days and isolate them, take it easy before and after so I can get through things like class trips and such. Thank goodness my teens and husband are helping out and there's NO school runs next week!

I was chomping at the bit to be exercising, before surgery I thought I'd be some kind of prodigy and working out 3 weeks after (doh) but now I'm seeing no, walk and heal, exercise comes after the post-op clearance.

Just curious how all the May surgery folks are? I've managed just under 60 pounds since surgery (May 2nd) and seem to be at a steady rate of about 12 pounds a month. Anyone had any complications from surgery? I hope everyone is doing well. =)

Just curious how all the May surgery folks are? I've managed just under 60 pounds since surgery (May 2nd) and seem to be at a steady rate of about 12 pounds a month. Anyone had any complications from surgery? I hope everyone is doing well. =)

Congrats! I am doing pretty well too! No complications with my surgery, except a couple of rough days here and there, other than that I healed up very quickly. I have lost 85 lbs since my surgery, which was exactly 5 months ago today! Everyday is better than the last, give or take a couple of moments where I feel like a "big bag of skin" LOL.