Tiwanaku

Anyone else scheduled for WLS in May?

I just got my date yesterday (May 2nd) and while it feels so far away, I know the time is going to pass by super quickly. Is anyone else scheduled for surgery in May?

I am scheduled for April 24... just right ahead of you
:)

I have a tentative date of May 29th (light years away it seems!) due to a requirement of my insurance. Good luck in your journey,,I will be anxious to hear how you are doing along the way.

Jan

Me me me! Finally, May 2nd! I'm so super excited.

Hi, May 21st... Yay. Although it does feel so far away from today. It is going to give me enough time to get everything done and ready :) Can't wait... Yay and congrats to you all :)

I'm scheduled for the early morning of May 7 :)

Yep May 30 for me! It´s gunna be a long 7 weeks...I am more than ready!

Hi !!  I am  super excited  my date is May 7th ...  same day as Camogal34  YAY

Good luck to everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MIA-Girl

CONGRATS to everyone I to am scheduled for surgery in May BUT ON THE 7TH TOOO. Yayyyyy for all of us. Anyone began getting things they needed for after surgery yet?

Hey !!! Not really ... I guess I was waiting for my date.. i just find out last Friday and I still can't believe it.. after 7 long weeks without hearing anything from Cigna...

I think i'll better hurry now since May 07 is just around the corner :)

Well, it's so very exciting to have people who are having surgery the same date as me! I'm having the sleeve done. It only took my insurance one day to approve my surgery, which got me super-duper excited!

Just back from the honeymoon (married on April Fool's Day!) and looking forward to the next big event- surgery is scheduled for 2 weeks from tomorrow. Am I ready? I have no idea, I just know that no matter how freaked out I get, I'm going to keep moving forward towards that date.

I was supposed to have my surgery on 01/03/12 but it was delayed due to fluid build up around my heart. I have since been cleared (hence why I was given the new date) but yesterday I got the brainstorm that perhaps surgery is not safe. So I contacted my cardiologist for one last test... "just to make sure." I know I'm probably tempting fate and have resigned myself to the fact that my surgery quite possibly may be cancelled a 2nd time, but I can't get on an operating table without one final check.

So... my final heart test, along with all of my other pre-op stuff is scheduled for next Monday, 04/24. Please keep me in your thoughts everyone, I can't bear the thought of having my surgery cancelled a 2nd time. I'm going to think positive though and keep moving forward.

I'm scheduled for May 3rd!

Good luck to everyone!

Scheduled for May 8th! Can't believe it's really going to happen. I'm excited but nervous too

May 14th!! I can't wait!! :D

Are any of you on your liquid diet yet?

I am going on mine on Monday :)

Scheduled for May 8th! Can't believe it's really going to happen. I'm excited but nervous too

Hey, Im scheduled for May 8th as well, 1st one in the am. Gottta be there at 5:30am, ugh im excited but not so excited as to be there that early, lol.

I didnt need to start my liquid diet until 4/24 but i was told i might get a bit cranky around day 2 and 3 due to my body craving carbs so i started it early on 4/20 so i could be cranky at home instead of work. I wasnt very cranky though, i just never felt full and wanted to eat everything in sight, but i stayed stubborn and did not have a single carb and i got past it, and wow iv already been losing about a pound a day!

I just received my surgery date today, its going to be May 15th. I have not been told anything about doing anything special before my surgery, like a liquid diet or anything, maybe I will learn more next week.

Good luck to everyone!

Joe

I am scheduled for 5/23...what a great birthday present this will be - my birthday is 5/26. I was originally scheduled for 3/14, but was denied by insurance the first time. Luckily, my appeal was approved. I cannot wait. I'm diabetic and on at least 140 units per day. I'm hoping to be part of the high percentage of patients that have diabetes resolution after surgery. Keep your fingers crossed for me please.

Good luck to all.

My surgery date is May 1st. I have been on the liquid diet since April 17th. I am super excited. Congratulations everyone and Good luck!

Good luck to you too! How is your liquid diet going for you?

I will be having my survey May 8th! I am super nervous but glad it will done soon!

Good luck to you, Shellykay. Mine is the day before yours. I'm so ready for it to get here...I'm counting down the days now :)

May 23rd. I am so excited. Seems like eons from now but I know before I know it I will be on my way! Best of luck to all of you