Maxx3

Not feeling any restriction?

I am only 3 weeks out and I don't think I feel any restriction during or after eating, is this possible???? I eat very slowly and chew like crazy, I stop eating once I am satisfied. I keep wating to be able to take only a few bites and be full but hasn't happened. I can eat a 6 oz yogurt no problem, advice anyone, it is appreciated .

Thanks

Maxine

Please, please, be careful. Your new tummy hasn't healed and you can't really feel when your pouch is full or not. It takes time that is why it is so important to weigh and measure. I didn't feel full or hunger for quite a while. I just measured and ate slowly and carefully.

I am not 2 weeks out yet but I felt the same way the first few days. I felt like I could eat too much and thought oh my this surgery isn't working for me! I now feel full off a half of egg. I can eat more yogrut then anything else I don't know why but yogrut seems like I could eat a whole thing if I wanted to. I think all of our nerves heal at different times. I could eat a whole egg 1 week post op but now at almost 2 weeks I can't manage to eat a whole egg.

I started soft foods today -- didn't chew enough -- and up it came (what a horrible feeling). I will remember now to chew, chew, chew. And all it was was a piece of cottage cheese, mercy.

I am only 3 weeks out and I don't think I feel any restriction during or after eating, is this possible???? I eat very slowly and chew like crazy, I stop eating once I am satisfied. I keep wating to be able to take only a few bites and be full but hasn't happened. I can eat a 6 oz yogurt no problem, advice anyone, it is appreciated .

Thanks

Maxine

I asked my doc the same question 3 weeks out. She told me, don't worry, you will! I am alittle over 4 weeks out and this entire week, I have felt restriction.Sometimes to where I can't keep the food down. Make sure you teach yourself how to eat slowly. Because once you start feeling the restriction, you're going to need to. I am on mush again for 3 more weeks because my doctor wants me to slow down. Be patient, it's coming!!!

Ellen

Thank you!!!

I never felt full after eating slider foods, still don't. Make sure to keep weighing it and you'll be fine:)

I have had this issue and still do to a point. I have to really watch that I am not eating to much. If I over eat my stomach will tell me and yell at me (make noises). I am lucky that I have yet to be sick and hope it stays that way. Everyone is different I guess - I have to keep tabs on my head hunger - that is what is very hard at times for me.

We rarely feel restriction with slider foods - that's why we have to be careful to measure them.

I don't rely on any feeling of restriction - apart from having to eat every 2 hours or so, I like to keep it small and often. I find feeling full uncomfortable and it generally means I've eaten too much.

Even at 4 1/2 years out, I still weigh/measure everything and log it into fitday.com and keep within my calorie allowance.

ok this is probably a crazy question, but my Doc has never told me to weigh/measure my food! I could eat 6oz of yogurt that early on too. I'm 12 weeks out and i just make sure to eat very small portions and slow.... How do you guys measure???

Thanks

ok this is probably a crazy question, but my Doc has never told me to weigh/measure my food! I could eat 6oz of yogurt that early on too. I'm 12 weeks out and i just make sure to eat very small portions and slow.... How do you guys measure???

Thanks

I use measuring cups since Im still on mush. I serve myself 1/2 a cup( 4oz) of greek yogart or soup. Its important to measure your food so that you train yourself not to over eat. I'm very suprised that your doctor did not mention this.

Ellen

I am almost 4 yrs out and haven't felt restriction since last March. With a slew of new drugs on board, cardiac and gastro issues and cancer I have regained 30lbs. I choose my foods correctly, chew well, exercise and take my daily supplements but still no feeling of being full ever....HELP! Please be kind in your responses or just don't reply, thank you.

Oh my! I thought I was the only one who never felt full! After the surgery, when I was already on purred foods, I've never had satiety. I was told by many people I could eat only a spoon or two, but actually I've finished all the 100ml I was having. I thought something was wrong with me or my surgery. Now, after 5 and a half months, I feel full when I eat certain things, but I'm careful enough to measure everything I eat, so I just don't overeat.

I've read somwher a trick which is to drink as much water as you can half an hour before your meal, so this may help you feel full. I did it a few times and apparently it works.

I'm almost three weeks out and having the same issue. I am not eating a lot of calories. At most I eat 1,000 but usually under. However, I have an appointment with my dietitian tomorrow and I plan on asking her if this is normal. As of now it just doesn't feel like I've had surgery. 

On 3/1/2017 at 2:25 AM, Abibliophobe said:

I'm almost three weeks out and having the same issue. I am not eating a lot of calories. At most I eat 1,000 but usually under. However, I have an appointment with my dietitian tomorrow and I plan on asking her if this is normal. As of now it just doesn't feel like I've had surgery. 

I feel the same way! I had surgery on 2/22 and fell like I could eat a whole meal if I let myself.  I usually eat around 600 calories a day and I've also been back to work for a week, so it's not like I'm being lazy.  It doesn't feel like I've had surgery and I'm usually pretty hungry.

If I eat too fast, too much, or drink too soon after eating, I get a bad pain in my chest sometimes feel nauseous and throw up. I don't know if this is normal, but I can't imaging pushing through the pain enough to stretch my pouch. I am glad to have this warning and as soon as I start to feel discomfort I stop immediately. One of my friend's wife that had RNY refers to this as "the stomach police" which seems like a reasonable name to me.