POST-OP CHECK-IN....the good, the bad, the bloated :)

Well, it's the 5th, and we're getting close to a lot of our March Hare's surgery dates. So, instead of searching through the other posts to see how everyone is doing, I thought we could check-in here after we are feeling well enough to log back in.

HOW ARE YOU LUCKY LOSER-BENCH-BOUND POST-OPS DOING, FOR REAL????

• 2 weeks later...

i was discharged around noon today and am staying at my parents for approximately a week so that they can play nurse. definitely bloated.. whenever i drink i feel the gas in my stomach from the anesthesia fighting the liquid... but i've been doing all my breathing treatments and coughing so hopefully that will all be gone soon.

i took a little longer to recover from the anesthesia as well as they found out (during surgery i guess?) that i have a choline deficiency. i didn't really become coherent until mid afternoon after 7:30 am surgery.. There was apparently a fire drill/alarm that went off while I was sleeping... didn't phase me.

i really feel pretty wonderful. yes, my incisions are sore... but nothing that I can't handle (with the help of a lortab).

sipping on some raspberry lemonade crystal light currently and may take a nap.

good luck to the rest of the march surgeries! :D

Hey BlondAnnie

So glad to hear you are doing ok!!!!! I am surprised they discharged you so quickly??? I was told I will be in the hospital 2-3 nights.

Please, please keep us posted on your progress!!!

Tina

hey ..congrats on being on the losers bench.. wooohhooo

im also suprised they dis charged u fast.. i was also told 2-4 days...

but eevery dr works differently i guess... =)

keep us posted we look forward to hearing how u progress xx

WOO HOO, Blondie. Hope you continue to feel better and better. Let mom spoil you for a while. :) And, BE SURE TO TAKE PIX of yourself for your "After" file.

@ Mel, I was told 1-2 days for in hospital by mine.

Edited by nestingdoll

Today has been rough. Back on the clear liquid diet since I came out of surgery until Friday when I get to go on full liquid diet. Super sluggish and tired.. and I think I over exerted myself yesterday. I walked to the end of the private drive (probably 150 yards-200 yards) three times. I felt fine with it then but today I've walked to the end of the sidewalk and then came back in... and napped on the couch about 4 times.

I want the clear liquids to go away and full liquids back in my life. FRIDAY!

I will definitely take photos!

And they only keep me overnight one night unless there are serious issues then I would stay another night. Guess every surgeon/program is different.

My mom thinks I'm going to start a florist in the living room of their house. My sweet friends, office, family and family friends who know exactly what surgery I had have sent me 7 flower arrangements in the last 2 days. Needless to say, the family room smells amazing.

YAY, photos! Glad to see that you're so supported and that you're feeling well, even thought you're tired. Hope every day gets better.

Glad to hear you have amazing support Annie!!!!!

Hey Neatingdoll only 4 days to go!!!!! How are you doing? Anxious? Nervous? I'm 10 days away not sleeping too well.

I am scheduled for 4/24 & I only have to stay 1 night,too. Annie I'm glad you have a great support system & that you are recovering nicely.

checkin in ........i went for my 1st post op appointment on thursday ...i have lost 15 lbs in 10 days im so excited. my doctor said im doing wonderful im walking about 30 per day and not taking any pain meds ...........i will say walking is the key to my recovery each day i feel better and better i have had an easy time so far i just hope it continues ...good luck to everyone on here

I can't wait to have my surgery! I was told that I was only going to be there for 1 to 2 days depending...I am hoping for 1. I can't wait to hear more people's stories.

I had my surgery on the 12th and was discharged on the 14. doing well. I stayed in the recovery room overnight due to no room in ice ( sleep apnea). I started walking in the recovery room, when the doc came to see we the next morning I was doing some laps and told her she had to do one with me. I started just walking on my block 2 to 3 times, then expanded my route. Yesterday went walking for about a 50 minute walk. At first had a problem with my protein shake (smell) and amount of Isopure, it was 12 ounces with 2 scoops. I have split it into 2 session one in am and one in pm. Full liquids until my ist post op appt on the 21. Feelinging really good.

The day after I was discharged I help my wife make the icing for cupcakes and a carrot cake, didn't want to like my fingers after mixing and icing the cupcakes, I went straight for the water to clean them.

The day after I was discharged I help my wife make the icing for cupcakes and a carrot cake, didn't want to like my fingers after mixing and icing the cupcakes, I went straight for the water to clean them..

HAHAHA! Thats EXCELLENT!!! I would have been like, just oneeee little lick. hehe. Im so proud of you. willpower is the key!!! Glad to hear you're okay, you sound like you're doing fantastic. Keep it up!

GOOD LUCK, FELLOW 19TH-ERS! You guys are in my prayers that I will say tonight before I try to sleep. See you on the Loser's Bench!

I made it through! I'm still in the hospital, but doing well. Pain has been, for the most part, bearable. I was actually walking the halls 2 hours after surgery. Really hope the rest of you feel this spunky. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Glad to hear you are doing well!!!!!! Wow walking 2 hours after good for you!!!

I am doing fine, just in recovery. ithe pain has been pretty bad so i havent really been able to get up yet to go for long walks, but i will eventually. Hope everyone is doing fine"D

Glad to hear you are doing ok. You will be jogging in no time!!!!!! Keep us posted. Tina

I am doing fine, just in recovery. ithe pain has been pretty bad so i havent really been able to get up yet to go for long walks, but i will eventually. Hope everyone is doing fine"D

Everyone has different challenges. I couldn't pee by myself until the day after surgery. Hope they get ahead of your pain soon. Glad to hear from you.

1 week post op here. I also was walking withing 2hrs of waking up. I believe that was my first request when i woke up.I had crazy gas chest pain and knew the only thing that would make it better was walking,and indeed it did!

I definatley had a crazy burst energy after surgery also. 4am walked 4 laps around the floor I was on. I didnt sleep much, I couldnt get enough walking, it really did make me feel better. I think it def. aided in a faster recovery. Already back at work today (desk job) and feeling A O.K :-)

I MADE IT!!! yay... surgery went well was in at 9am on the 19th and back in my room waking up at 12 was very glad to have my own room..

was in for 4 days today being day 4 and feel fantastic.. a bit sore were the cuts are but ok.. have been weeing my pants off and even opened my bowels in hospital they thought i was the ants pants for that.. hehe..

also been walking the hall ways at least 4 times a day and have not wanted nothing to eat.. havnt been hungry however had some soup today.. and some opti fast about 20 mls..

cant wait to hear everyones stories... im thrilled and losing already .... its works :D