Who's Getting Wls In April?

Am I the first one?

I got put on the schedule today--April 23rd--for the Vertical Sleeve. I thought there was going to be an insurance application, denial, and appeal (x however many times it took) but both my surgeon and the scheduling nurse told me BCBS of Massachusetts has been approving sleeves since Jan 1. I have not confirmed this with them myself but feel like jumping for joy anyway.

The nurse she'd call if she could get me in sooner but this is the first date she could make a definite for me.

It seems a looooong way away but it gives me plenty of time to prepare for the week off work (thinking positive and quick recovery, lol).

Hope someone else comes to hang out with me soon! :)

I have a date in April, but it's my 1st surgiversary. I will be one year out on April 11th. Good luck April staplers, sleevers and banders. You're in for an amazing ride. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I'm scheduled for GB on 4/3- seems so far away!

I also have BCBS of Mass - and my co-worker's going to have the sleeve done on April 4th - her's was approved in less than a week.

So excited for you! keep us updated!

Pink peonies-- I am scheduled for Vertical Sleeve on April 24!!! We are the same height,too. Would love to stay in touch.

RNY on April 10th here!! When I first got my date, it seems SO FAR AWAY....now, it seems as if time is flying and I hope I have everything prepared for it!!!

I am having gastric bypass on April 3rd. I start my two week pre-op diet on Tuesday. It won't be much longer now, I haven't had an nervous feels yet more than anything I am excited to start my new life. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got my date April 17 Yippie! Im having GB. Cant wait... Good luck to all the April Surgury goers.

My surgery date is APRIL 18! Three weeks im going for my last drink this weekend and my last pig out. Im so scared of not being able to eat anything for the rest of my life. I know thats not true but I'm just really dramatic I am excited for my life change and i cant wait to not be in pain. Everyone talks about the pain associated with healing and im dealthy afraid of throwing up when im already in tons of pain. I have had 2 kids, 1 natural, surgery in my arm pit (which I rather have a baby then do that again), so I know a lil bit about pain and i have a couple tats. hahhah. I am very afraid that i have a real small tummy, I seen a youtube video that all people have different size stomachs, that means when you get sleeved your sleeve may be bigger or smaller than someone elses. I think thats nutts and hope I have a bigger sleeve, smaller sleeves I have seen so many videos of pain throwing up and just SICKNESS! I go to the gym 3 times a week and have lost 5 pounds. I hope this is a smooth process I want a success story of 80 pounds in 6 months! prove my family wrong (They arent very supportive, think im not that big) IM 5'4 and 265 pounds I am so READY FOR THIS! :D

Kelly Marie,

Cool, we are only about 45 mins away from each other....I'm so excited for Monday. Ready to start my new life!! See ya on the looser's bench!!

Lori

My surgery date is APRIL 18! Three weeks im going for my last drink this weekend and my last pig out. Im so scared of not being able to eat anything for the rest of my life. I know thats not true but I'm just really dramatic I am excited for my life change and i cant wait to not be in pain. Everyone talks about the pain associated with healing and im dealthy afraid of throwing up when im already in tons of pain. I have had 2 kids, 1 natural, surgery in my arm pit (which I rather have a baby then do that again), so I know a lil bit about pain and i have a couple tats. hahhah. I am very afraid that i have a real small tummy, I seen a youtube video that all people have different size stomachs, that means when you get sleeved your sleeve may be bigger or smaller than someone elses. I think thats nutts and hope I have a bigger sleeve, smaller sleeves I have seen so many videos of pain throwing up and just SICKNESS! I go to the gym 3 times a week and have lost 5 pounds. I hope this is a smooth process I want a success story of 80 pounds in 6 months! prove my family wrong (They arent very supportive, think im not that big) IM 5'4 and 265 pounds I am so READY FOR THIS! :D

You're having surgery on my Birthday!!!! Good Luck!!!

Kelly Marie,

Cool, we are only about 45 mins away from each other....I'm so excited for Monday. Ready to start my new life!! See ya on the looser's bench!!

Lori

I see you're in Salem! Hello neighbor! Good Luck!

I'm having the bypass on April 11th! I'll be home just in time for my birthday on the 15th.. it couldn't have come at a better time, symbolically. I'm starting over. :)

I'm having bypass on April 12th. Was originally the 16th but today I got the call asking to move it up. I was all over that :). However, then it hit me. My liquid diet starts tomorrow. Maybe it is better this way.

Going shopping tonight with hubby to get all the things I can "drink" :)

LOVING the April surgeries! My birthday is the 18th...so it's a start over for me as well!