Sign in to follow this  
SillyCilli

Midnight Shift...anybody?

Im not sure if this subject has come up yet, but one of the nurses at my Drs off was mentioning how it takes a couple of months for ur energy level to really kick into gear.

Well I work a 3rd shift, and still getting adjusted to it, so going back to work after surgery and being a little more tired might be a challenge

Anyone with any experiences or advice on this one?

I don't work a late night shift, BUT I do tend to do most of my writing and busy computer work late at night after everyone is in bed. Before surgery, the hours from 11pm to 2 or 3 am were seriously constructive for me when I was under pressure. I'm 8 1/2 months post-op and was just whining to my friend that I am so far behind on my writing because I just cannot make myself stay awake and do my work! Even if I take a nap AND drink coffee late in the day, I just can't stay up.As a matter of fact, I'm just about to pack it in for the night right now...LOL. I think it's time to figure out when my new "productive" time of day is, because it is certainly not after midnight anymore...

I work 10pm-6pm. I am 11 weeks out. I am still tired. I drink tea & coffee when I am having rough nights.