Sign in to follow this  
Sandra75

Lap Band Removal

Hello I am new to Thinnertimes i am wondering if anyone can share their experience of lap band remvoal...I made a poor mistake of getting it done in Tijuana and who knows if geography has anything to do with it but its been nothing but issues and this was about six years ago...looking to get it removed

Hi Sandra,

You might consider talking to a surgeon where you live about a revision rather than a replacement. I went for about 8 months with my stomache swelling and them not being able to fix things which caused even more trouble, so my surgeon recomended putting in a larger band. I just had the revision surgery Feb 9, 2012 and am feeling better than I have in a long time! Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Hi, I will be having mine removed soon, and revising to the gastric sleeve. I have had it four years, but it has been nothing but ups and downs. I had all the fluid removed and I feel better already, can't wait to have it out. Mine was done by one of the best in Atlanta, but everybody do not do well on the band. I lost 71 pounds on it, but suffered with it (acid reflux, choking in my sleep and etc). I have gained 20lbs back. I was told by several docs that 70lbs is an average weight loss for the band. Some people lose a hole lot more; but my weight loss was average.

Hi, had a band and lost all my weight amid slime, GERD, and pain. Had a complication and had to have it removed in Dec. My Surgeon said he would recommend a sleeve instead. I'm 12 days post op and already love my sleeve! So much better than the band. At least for me it is. The removal was not a piece of cake..had 3 weeks off from work and was so tired when I returned to work. It felt so good to get it out. The port removal incision was the worst....I also more than average adhesions and scar tissue from the band. Good Luck

I was banded in '06 in Monterrey, MX, but my band was fine, it was a doctor here in the US that messed it up doing a fill. I was not happy with my band after that and had it taken out. I am now set to have Gastric Bypass on the 3rd, which I should have done the first time. Maybe look into a revision to GB?