March 12 Roll Call

:rolleyes Hey everyone my names sal and i was meant to be oppd on the 19th feb 12 but due to dr family problems has asked me to move my date back to marh 19th 12 which is ok i guess whats another 4 weeks REALLY?

a lilttle about me im a revison from lap band to a bypass and i cant wait to have this bypass Done!!!!! lost 43lbs with the band had it slip and i just optd to have it out.. was over the chocking and vomiting having to know where the closet bathroom was when eating out or at familys places.. im starting weight present was 265 and im down to 263 which isnt much but i only cut out sugar 3 days ago and im DETOXING off sugar have had dizzyness mi grains and vomiting so far the last 3 days and today i caved and thought i wanted soda i almost spat it out it tasted foul... so back to the water i almost shocked myself

so tell us your story and let march come on fast... B) B) B) B)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just found this thread and I love it. Tomorrow is my surgi versary. I have lost a total of 105lbs. I feel and I look great, not to toot my own horn. I would totally do this surgery again in a heart

down to 261 yay ill take a loss anyday even if it is little.. hehe

Hi Sal, I'm Scott.

My surgery is scheduled for 3/7/12 and I'm down 39 (as of a week + ago ). Wife's almost 2 months out of her surgery. Haven't had too many struggles with her by my side. I've started hitting up the gym 3 times a week. I will be missing my beer though

hey scott, 39 lbs is a great amount... contgrats to u.. keep going..

my partner has started eating less and eating healthy and has deiceded to loss with me (even thou his not over weight) but to get healthy so we both live a better life..

ur before me so ul be able to get on and give us an update before the the other half of the month goes it =) yay...

congrats on being able to change your life..

Hey there! I am a revision from the dreaded evil good for nothing Lap Band to vertical sleeve gastrectomy on 3/6/12. Can't wait to get my life back but at the same time am nervous going through another surgery.

Hey Sal- My name is Lisa and I've been on this "journey" for 16 months. My Roux en y is sheduled for March 22nd :) Ive been denied 2 times and submitted a 39 page appeal and they finally saw the "medically necissary" proof. I'm very excited yet nervous now that it's only 6 weeks away. Many people who havent struggled with weight their entire life do not understand the challenges we face. This is not anyone's DREAM choice to maintain (or finally reach) a healthy weight. Here is my mantra I read everyday in hopes of preparing myself for the trying times...."It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. You will need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will need to push your body to the max. There will be temptations. BUT.....I PROMISE YOU, WHEN YOU REACH YOUR GOAL IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!" Good luck and let's keep in touch. March will be a great month for many of us who are beginning a new chapter in our lives.

hey lamplady sorry to hear about yet another revison its got to be proof with so many being done that there just not working.. more revions then acutal bands are done each yr go figure?

hey lisa.. im totally with you on that way of thinking.. I DO HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO DO THIS.. and i will win this battle..

march is coming around really fast ...its a home to talk about our exp and what we need or feel we want to talk about... i know this place has become my bible and im here daily.. so i look forward to hearing about everyones surgery and getting onto the lossers bench... wohooo

sal

Hi everyone! I am having RNY on March 22nd. The pre-op weight loss has been a bit of an issue for me but I still have time to get some weight off. Luckily I am not required to lose a certain amount in order to have the surgery. My family and friends are being really supportive and I know I can get through this. I will be thinking of all of you as you get ready to tackle this great adventure. Good luck to everyone!

Uh, hi everyone. My name is corrina, im scheduled for rny by dr. Nohr in medicine hat, ab on march 19th. I have to say i was excited at firat.. but as the days go on, i get more and more nervous. I keep overthinking and im worried i wont wake up from surgery. Not being able to enjoy my new life. I have been having nightmares about it... feeling like i have no future of being thin. That its just not in the cards for me. It frightens me.. so i was just wondering if anybody else feels this way? Its been such a long rollercoaster ride. Being on this list since i was a preteen. I am now 22 years old and my surgery had been postponed already, as i was too big for lap rny. So here i am. Hoping im not the only one feeling like this. Im glad many of you are going through this with me, and im not alone.

Hello all. My surgery is scheduled for March 26th. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I am having the sleeve, my BMI is on the low side at 37 but I have many health issues, I am looking forward to a healthy me. I currently have sleep apnea, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and borderline diabetic. Way too many issues. I look forward to our journey together.

Hey everyone! So glad to finally be able to post in a group.

I'm Shaw and I was just given a date of March 20th. I am so excited! I'm a military wife stationed in GA and after being overweight since I was young I have decided that RNY is the best choice for me. I look forward to throwing away my blood pressure meds really soon! I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Hi, everyone! I'm scheduled AT LONG LAST for my RNY on 3/19/12. I started my weight loss attempts about 6 years ago at 400lbs, and just can't get down to a normal BMI without WLS. I've been plateaued now for at least 2 years, and there are no more things I can change to make my hormones behave. So, here goes. I'm soooooooo excited. And, my doc is only requiring a 14lb loss before surgery...I only have a few more to go. I'm thrilled, needless to say, that I've been given the chance to divorce my fat suit at last. I'm glad you all are here...it's a little nerve-racking, isn't it? Can't wait to get to know you guys better.

so glad to be starting the jouney with lots of lovely ppl =)

ive also been having night mares of not waking up and it also not working i feel llke ive been over weight my whole life and gorwing up being the only "fat" person in my family was hard and always being looked down on because of it does my head it so needless to say im having night mares it wont work how ever my heart says it will cause im going to make sure it does..

cant wait to hit march and watch us all be LOSERS!!!!!

I'm scheduled for my RNY Gastric Bypass on March 28th, 2012 at Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital, in Richmond, VA.

My biggest concern right now, is making sure I have all of the Leave of Absence and Short-term Disability paperwork in order, so I don't have to worry about my income, while trying to recover from the surgery.

I hope to have lap band in March. I am 60 with many comorbitities and there are so many tests, apts., new prescriptions that i didn't expect. Anyway, I think everything is a go with insurance, Dr Larson will accept me. I am scared about what i have read concerning the revisions and after surgery sickness, band slipping failure etc. I must do this if I want to live much longer. I can no longer contol my health issues with meds...too old and too sick. I am so glad i found this site because I feel very alone. There is no close support group here. My surgeon and JFK medical center is 160 miles round trip. I won't be going except for necessary apts. My Dr and Psych consult told me to expect to lose 50 to 60 lbs. That's not enough but they want me to be realistic. I would be just out of obese zone and in the high range of overweight. Lap band people please share your experience. I feel I am too ill for bypass and insurance won't pay for sleeve or GPS. Thanks MelVan

Another Marcher!!! I'm scheduled for my roux en y on 3/13 with preops on 3/12!

Here's to a month of safe surgeries and wonderful new beginnings!

Yay Marchies!!!!

I hope to have lap band in March. I am 60 with many comorbitities and there are so many tests, apts., new prescriptions that i didn't expect. Anyway, I think everything is a go with insurance, Dr Larson will accept me. I am scared about what i have read concerning the revisions and after surgery sickness, band slipping failure etc. I must do this if I want to live much longer. I can no longer contol my health issues with meds...too old and too sick. I am so glad i found this site because I feel very alone. There is no close support group here. My surgeon and JFK medical center is 160 miles round trip. I won't be going except for necessary apts. My Dr and Psych consult told me to expect to lose 50 to 60 lbs. That's not enough but they want me to be realistic. I would be just out of obese zone and in the high range of overweight. Lap band people please share your experience. I feel I am too ill for bypass and insurance won't pay for sleeve or GPS. Thanks MelVan

hi melvan.. im a revison from banding and im not going to sit here and write all the bad things about banding if uve done ur reading ud already know that its got alot of problems and statistics arnt great..

however i did losse close to 30lbs with it but 3 yrs out it slipped and i opted to have it taken out in dec and re booked for march for bypass.. i have now gained that 30 back plus 4 lbs.. =(

on the postivite by best freind has the band and has had it for 3 yrs also lost about 40 lbs and is healthy and happy.. there are happy stories out there and its very doable.. i just didnt want to go thru all that again.. wht ever u choose has to be right for u and u only..

march is JUST AROUND THE CORNER... and i start my pre op diet tomorrow of opti fast.. 3 weeks ekkkk... duno how im feeling about pre op diet.. BUT im going to suck it up cause i can do this!!!!!!!

Hi everyone; I'm having the VSG and my surgery is schedule for March 14th; I start my pre-op diet March 1st, I’m super excited. Congrats to all the March surgeries. We all will soon be on the losers bench…Yay!!!

Scheduled for my RNY for March 26th. 30 days away! I am currently waiting for the hospital to call to set up blood work and pre-ops. I also have a 4 hour "class" to attend, and a final meeting and health check with the surgeon. Right now it doesn't seem at all "real". I'm sure once the 26th gets closer, I'll be going into "ZOMG, I'm having surgery!" mode. LOL

Good luck to you all!! I am actually starting my journey to the gastric bypass in March. First appt is on the 16th. Not to sure how long the process will take to get a surgery date, but I plan to be committed to all that is asked of me so that I can join all of you in the excitement and anticipation of changing my life. I wish the best for all of you, and I cant wait to hear all our successes. :)

Right now it doesn't seem at all "real". I'm sure once the 26th gets closer, I'll be going into "ZOMG, I'm having surgery!" mode. LOL

I'm with you Gypsy Angel.....I keep counting down the days but it def feels surreal...like I'm counting down for someone else's surgery and I'm SUPER HAPPY for them. :) dunno....

Uh, hi everyone. My name is corrina, im scheduled for rny by dr. Nohr in medicine hat, ab on march 19th. I have to say i was excited at firat.. but as the days go on, i get more and more nervous. I keep overthinking and im worried i wont wake up from surgery. Not being able to enjoy my new life. I have been having nightmares about it... feeling like i have no future of being thin. That its just not in the cards for me.

You're right. You're not alone. I kept having that fear creep up, too. So, I thought about it for a while...and decided that I was worried because, for lack of better words..."I was tempting fate." But, the logical side of my brain took over...here's what brought me comfort: I may be seeking out a surgery, but the surgery itself will lengthen my life. It's not an elective surgery, really......insurance companies wouldn't pay for it if it wasn't medically proven to increase health. In the end, not having surgery is tempting fate. Bring on the anesthesia! And, while most of us aren't yet able to imagine ourselves as a future thin person, maybe it's enough right now to have faith in the process. You've come this far, and each step of the way has been hard. But, that doesn't mean that it's not "meant to be"....it just means that it's worth the wait, sometimes. :) You, me, and Mel have the same surgery date....it's a special day so far....life changing. I won't say "good luck," because it's not about that....but on the 18th, I'll say "talk to you in a few days." Keep your chin up.

So... theres three of us with the same date March 19th?? 20 DAYS!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

can\t wait to get to know all of the march people better:D