February Roll Call

McSleeve

Hey Guys,

I posted this in the wrong place and was helped by one of our Veterans......my name is Ken and I am scheduled to have surgery on Feb. 6th. I am having the VSG surgery but I think we are all doing pretty similar things, and can support/inspire/help each other out. Go ahead and add me if you wish to make it easier to track.

Here is my update....my doctor said that my test are good and I don't really need a pre-op diet, just try and lose a little more weight before I come in. After reading some stories and to get myself a little bit ready for the post-op diet, I began an herbalife regimen. This is basically shakes twice a day, lots of suppliments and reduced portion lunch. Last night I was struggling with it, as you also have to finish eating 4 hours before bed. I don't know if it is because I decided to do this on my own, and in the back of my head I hear my doctor saying I don't need it, but it was tough. Found myself chowing down on a small bowl of edamame, which is not really a big deal at this stage. Good news this morning made my shake and was out the door.

Nuff about me...let's see who is out there!!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ken, Congrats you've made it this far!! I was told my surgery date probably will be February. I will be completing my 6 month diet program with last PCP visit next week, Jan 11, then wait for everything to be submitted for insurance approval. I just thought I'd answer to the February Roll Call just in case I'm too excited to check in when I get my good news!!

Naomi

Super exciting I can just hope everything goes well, and I think it will (I rented a crystal ball for the weekend :) I will be watching you with excitement so keep up the energy, and you can do it!!

Ken

Hi Ken! I am scheduled for VSG on Feburary 24th. I am excited but at the same time a little nervous. I have been struggling lately to stick to my new way of eating and I have to tell you it has not been easy. I gave up soda's for water about a month ago, and have completly changed my eating habits which is a big change after eating this way for 30 years. So far I have lost 15 pounds but I seem to have just stopped losing so I am going to try to relax a little and see what happens. I will be having my surgery in Delaware with Dr. Sofronski ( haven't seen anyone else on here mention him. I wish there was) At any rate I try not to read to much because some of the horror stories really make me have second thoughts. At any rate good luck to you, and I will post again soon to keep everyone up to date on my progress and hopefully get some insight from seniors who know a lot more than I do. :D

Hi Ken! I am scheduled for VSG on Feburary 24th. I am excited but at the same time a little nervous. I have been struggling lately to stick to my new way of eating and I have to tell you it has not been easy. I gave up soda's for water about a month ago, and have completly changed my eating habits which is a big change after eating this way for 30 years. So far I have lost 15 pounds but I seem to have just stopped losing so I am going to try to relax a little and see what happens. I will be having my surgery in Delaware with Dr. Sofronski ( haven't seen anyone else on here mention him. I wish there was) At any rate I try not to read to much because some of the horror stories really make me have second thoughts. At any rate good luck to you, and I will post again soon to keep everyone up to date on my progress and hopefully get some insight from seniors who know a lot more than I do. :D

Awesome let me tell you from someone who backed out more than once, I regret that very much. There are some horror stories on here, and what you can take is that it is not easy, but it works. And once you do it, you are for lack of a better word, committed! Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi all!

My surgery was originally scheduled to be January 4th but was delayed due to heart issues. I jumped through every hoop and 5 days before surgery had to go for my final cardiac clearance. The doctor discovered an increasing amount of fluid around my heart and pulled the plug on the surgery until the fluid issue is resolved. He indicated that he was hopeful that by the end of the month I would be moving forward again. I haven't received a new date yet, but I have my follow up with the cardiologist this Friday and I'm hoping for some good news. If I get my cardiac clearance I'm all set to go- just a call to the surgeon's office to set the new date.

To see that this has been an emotional ride is an understatement. The last 2 weeks alone have almost done me in. I cried for days when I got the news that they were delaying my surgery, but the tears have stopped. I've dug back in, am trying to stay on program and thinking positively that Friday the 13th is going to bring me a lot of luck!

Here's hoping that I'm going to join you all on the losers bench in February! :)

I am scheduled to have my surgery Feb. 7th. I am currently on a liquid diet for the next 4 weeks I have to lose a total of 8 pounds off the Optifast diet. I am getting nervous and excited. I've even had thoughts to cancel but I'm trying to stay strong.

MEMEMEMEME!!! I am getting sleeved on Feb the 20th! I just got the call about an hour ago ( I hadn't even known that they submitted to insurance- let alone gotten approval!) so I'm still riding the wave of total excitement. I can NOT BELIEVE that this is REALLY HAPPENING!

I was steered in the direction of this thread because I just found out my sleeve date is Feb. 6. SOOOOO excited and happy to be moving forward. It's interesting to read everyone's required pre-surgery diets and feelings about the next few weeks. Yippie for us Fabulous February Folks!!

Ahhh I finally found my twin....I am getting sleeved on Feb. 6th, though I am in Asia so maybe it will not technically be the same day...oh screw it, welcome aboard. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can compare notes as we go along. I am happy for you. Wish it was tomorrow!!!!

MEMEMEMEME!!! I am getting sleeved on Feb the 20th! I just got the call about an hour ago ( I hadn't even known that they submitted to insurance- let alone gotten approval!) so I'm still riding the wave of total excitement. I can NOT BELIEVE that this is REALLY HAPPENING!

Hey congratulations I am soooo excited for you, even if you did not know it was happening, haha. Long time to go, you are going to go through a lot of emotions leading up to it, just remember they are all normal, we have all had them, you got this!!

I am scheduled to have my surgery Feb. 7th. I am currently on a liquid diet for the next 4 weeks I have to lose a total of 8 pounds off the Optifast diet. I am getting nervous and excited. I've even had thoughts to cancel but I'm trying to stay strong.

I have posted several times about the times I cancelled this surgery. Hey listen if it is not right for you it is not, but something got you here. I put off surgery once because I just got scared and used a lot of excuses (all valid, haha) a year later I get diagnosed with Diabetes, Sleep Apnea, etc..., and the second time my wife freaked out 1 year later had to have back surgery because my disc degenerated due to pressure over a long period of time.

I hope you do what is best for you, and I welcome you to the Feb board! Look forward to getting to know you, either way it goes! P.S. 7 is a very lucky number

Hmmmmmmmm what kind of a number is 9? My surgery date is February 9th. I may just call the surgeon and request lucky number 7!!! LOL

Hmmmmmmmm what kind of a number is 9? My surgery date is February 9th. I may just call the surgeon and request lucky number 7!!! LOL

I love the number 7 myself, it is my favorite and subsequently 6 is my second favorite, but my all time favorite is a meger of both 76 (uhm I am a guy who played football).

Here is 9 I think you will like it. P.S. The chinese like 8 the most and 4 the least!

If we consider each of these initial numbers as a pathway into ever increasing complexity and higher knowledge, the nine will be our precipice of our understanding. At the apex of our upward count stands the nine, and in Chinese meaning of numbers it is the jackpot of celestial forces. Interestingly, in Feng Shui, nine sections are cordoned off by agricultural land owners; eight sections of land are cultivated, but the ninth section (in the center of the agricultural blueprint) is classified as "god's acre" and is devoted to honor the supreme and sacred. The Chinese meaning of numbers nine is completion and satisfaction. It represents a high standard of celestial congruence. When we reach the philosophical height of number nine we have ascended in esoteric understanding and obtained a cosmic satisfaction. The Chinese zodiac symbol for number nine is the Monkey and its Feng Shui direction is West/Southwest.

Ok so I just got a phone call, and it turns out my surgery will not be on Feb. 20th after all.

I was steered in the direction of this thread because I just found out my sleeve date is Feb. 6. SOOOOO excited and happy to be moving forward. It's interesting to read everyone's required pre-surgery diets and feelings about the next few weeks. Yippie for us Fabulous February Folks!!

Ahhh I finally found my twin....I am getting sleeved on Feb. 6th, though I am in Asia so maybe it will not technically be the same day...oh screw it, welcome aboard. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can compare notes as we go along. I am happy for you. Wish it was tomorrow!!!!

It will be on FEBRUARY 6TH!!!! We're sleeve triplets!!!!!!!

My surgery is Feb 6th. So excited. I have to do a 5 day liquid diet prior to the surgery other than that I have not had any requirments to loose a certain amount. I kinda wish their was because I seem to be eating worse than ever as if every meal is my last. It is a fat girl mental thing I guess. I am very excited for the future healthier me.

My surgery is Feb 6th. So excited. I have to do a 5 day liquid diet prior to the surgery other than that I have not had any requirments to loose a certain amount. I kinda wish their was because I seem to be eating worse than ever as if every meal is my last. It is a fat girl mental thing I guess. I am very excited for the future healthier me.

The 6th is the day to have surgery!! I hear you I am the same, I have been begging for a pre-op diet, I started my own but I have been not doing soooo super hot on it. I have the same mental state as you, it will be awhile till we can have certain foods again. I am a bit worse because I lived in Asia for 2 years and access to a lot of things is not there. So if I get an opportunity like this weekend where I am going to Hong Kong, everyone of us here goes and eats a good American style meal. Having some Ruth Chris this weekend (wife's choice, she is the pregnant one). Its not just a fat girl thing, I have also noticed an uptick in Alcohol consumption as well, but need to cut that one starting now. I think it is too hard to start dieting before something like this if it is not a requirement or you do not have a ton of weigiht to lose to have it. However I am still trying to drop 20 lbs or so prior to surgery.

Ken

I love the number 7 myself, it is my favorite and subsequently 6 is my second favorite, but my all time favorite is a meger of both 76 (uhm I am a guy who played football).

Here is 9 I think you will like it. P.S. The chinese like 8 the most and 4 the least!

If we consider each of these initial numbers as a pathway into ever increasing complexity and higher knowledge, the nine will be our precipice of our understanding. At the apex of our upward count stands the nine, and in Chinese meaning of numbers it is the jackpot of celestial forces. Interestingly, in Feng Shui, nine sections are cordoned off by agricultural land owners; eight sections of land are cultivated, but the ninth section (in the center of the agricultural blueprint) is classified as "god's acre" and is devoted to honor the supreme and sacred. The Chinese meaning of numbers nine is completion and satisfaction. It represents a high standard of celestial congruence. When we reach the philosophical height of number nine we have ascended in esoteric understanding and obtained a cosmic satisfaction. The Chinese zodiac symbol for number nine is the Monkey and its Feng Shui direction is West/Southwest.

FANTASTIC! Nine it is. :D

FANTASTIC! Nine it is. :D

Haha Love the fact that the number 9 is represented by the Monkey. You rock that Monkey day! And if you have to go ahead and move it to the 6th, there are 4 of us so far on that date and like i said that means smoothness!

Wooooh it is getting close, I am now 20 days out, that is less than 3 weeks. I also realized that I am getting a bit worried like everyone else, will my liver be too big??? As in will they say, " DAMN SON thats a Huuuuuuuge Liver". Do they really have to stick something in my freaking urinal tract? Are they gonna laugh at me while I am unconscious and play pin the donut on the fatty?? Jump up and down on my belly performing fantastically crafted tumbling routines???

It happens, last time I had surgery I woke up with no underwear on, a point that becomes immediately clear, before I remembered my name I realized my underwear was gone!!! Haha. Sorry just rambling a bit, but seriously where the heck are my underwear at, powering a small sailboat somewhere???

i just got my date for feb. 6th as well! but i am a bypass. i will start a 2 week liquid diet on tuesday to prepare for my surgery. this is to make the liver as small as possible. i am having it done laproscopy. i am super nervous and excited all in one! i am glad there is somewhere for all of us to go to support each other and compare stories and discoveries. it makes it a lot less scary! Good luck everyone!!!!

Hi Everyone! My name is Monique. I just got my surgery scheduled today. February 15th is my new beginning date. Bypass for me to help get rid of my diabetes.