mussakka

Back To Work In The Morning

I've put it off as long as I legitimately could, but I'm going back to work in the morning. It's only for a 1/2 day, thank goodness, and I'll only do a 1/2 day Friday. I have a very hectic, stressful job in a place that's poorly managed and where no one is really a member of my tribe, so to speak. I've stayed there all this time just for the health insurance, but now that I'm losing weight I'm hoping to find another career (or job at least) this year.

Oh, my coworker texted me earlier to say he won't be in for the majority of the day, which leaves me putting all the fires and min-emergencies that crop up every day. Plus he hinted at a couple of major projects that simply have to get done in the morning. Gee, thanks. I feel like saying "Hello, just had major surgery here" but I know it will do no good. At least I'm easing back in, so to speak.

Honestly I feel like his being out tomorrow is payback for my being out for two weeks. Mind you, I've only missed 4 days of actual work, due to our holiday schedule and a mandatory shut down after Christmas. It's not like he's been overburdened or anything because I know it's been slow.

So yeah, I'm just thrilled. Anyway, just wanted to vent.

Good luck to you, I had a job like that before. It was totally not worth staying at. But then again, it's a tough market out there right now. I'm still looking for work.

I know, right? I'm lucky to have a job at all, especially with all the hard luck and problems so many other people have had. Hopefully the economy will turn around and we'll all be better off.

I'm just going to have to retreat into my Zen mind and let the workplace come and go. Breath in.....breathe out. B)

I've put it off as long as I legitimately could, but I'm going back to work in the morning. It's only for a 1/2 day, thank goodness, and I'll only do a 1/2 day Friday. I have a very hectic, stressful job in a place that's poorly managed and where no one is really a member of my tribe, so to speak.

dunno why, but this phrase amused me..sorry... hopefully, they're not mean though, even if incompetent.. I don't like mean people...

I've stayed there all this time just for the health insurance, but now that I'm losing weight I'm hoping to find another career (or job at least) this year.

I know this life. It sucks. Good luck on the job/career change. I stayed at a job some time ago, for insurance purposes... not fun!...

Oh, my coworker texted me earlier to say he won't be in for the majority of the day, which leaves me putting all the fires and min-emergencies that crop up every day. Plus he hinted at a couple of major projects that simply have to get done in the morning. Gee, thanks. I feel like saying "Hello, just had major surgery here" but I know it will do no good. At least I'm easing back in, so to speak.

Honestly I feel like his being out tomorrow is payback for my being out for two weeks. Mind you, I've only missed 4 days of actual work, due to our holiday schedule and a mandatory shut down after Christmas. It's not like he's been overburdened or anything because I know it's been slow.

Vent away, it's what we're hear for!

I've put it off as long as I legitimately could, but I'm going back to work in the morning. It's only for a 1/2 day, thank goodness, and I'll only do a 1/2 day Friday. I have a very hectic, stressful job in a place that's poorly managed and where no one is really a member of my tribe, so to speak. I've stayed there all this time just for the health insurance, but now that I'm losing weight I'm hoping to find another career (or job at least) this year.

I feel your pain, I work at Fry's Electronics and my first day back was Black Friday. I am surprised I was able to handle it as well as I did. But like you now that I am dropping the lbs and feeling more energetic I am going to start looking for a new job. Hopefully with all the years I have been with Fry's it will help me land a better job.

Oh, my coworker texted me earlier to say he won't be in for the majority of the day

I believe in finding the positive in any situation and here it is: You wont have to deal with your co-worker :) Enjoy things at your own pace!!!

I've been through work hell in hideous ways, so I feel your pain. Hang in there, and here's to a better 2012!! <3

dunno why, but this phrase amused me..sorry... hopefully, they're not mean though, even if incompetent.. I don't like mean people...

They're not really mean, but mean-spirited. And passive aggressive like crazy. Today wasn't horrible, but I had a ton of things dumped on me practically as soon as I walked in the door--as expected. I'm glad I only agreed to two half days this week. By 12:00 I was ready to gnaw my leg off to get out of there.

I'd say it's comforting to know I'm not the only person to be (or have been) in this situation, but I think it sucks that so many of us feel stuck in dead end jobs for one reason or another. I'm just hoping my losing weight and looking more "normal" will make things easier in the job market. At least they can concentrate on my resumé instead of my size.

They're not really mean, but mean-spirited. And passive aggressive like crazy. Today wasn't horrible, but I had a ton of things dumped on me practically as soon as I walked in the door--as expected. I'm glad I only agreed to two half days this week. By 12:00 I was ready to gnaw my leg off to get out of there.

I'd say it's comforting to know I'm not the only person to be (or have been) in this situation, but I think it sucks that so many of us feel stuck in dead end jobs for one reason or another. I'm just hoping my losing weight and looking more "normal" will make things easier in the job market. At least they can concentrate on my resumé instead of my size.

Remember you just had weight loss surgery and I don't think you are allowed to gnaw on legs yet. :)

Job searches are still difficult in this economy but I do find the process feels different now that I'm not over 300 lbs. It is so much easier to be confident when you're not worried about what they're thinking about your size rather than whether you're qualified or whatnot. Good luck!!

Remember you just had weight loss surgery and I don't think you are allowed to gnaw on legs yet. :)

LOL!!! Maybe if I just chew around the ankles a bit....I'll keep it to 2 oz or less.

Good Luck!!! I was out for 2 1/2 weeks and went back last Monday doing full days. I was exhausted last night!!!