Sign in to follow this  
Mishell

Just Needed To Vent

Its that time of year again when everything starts getting hard on our finances. I have 3 kids and a very tight budget for gifts. I always get myself so stressed out about it and usualy everything works itself out. This year is just really bad, my bf works two jobs and is in school to get his nursing degree. He is a paramedic now. I work for the State and have good benefits but the pay is crap. I have a diabetic son which is very expensive. We are just regular people who work hard and try our best but things are just so tight. Last week our power was shut off and we had to go stay at his parents for a few days until his paycheck came in. I get paid once a month and my whole check goes to our house payment. I just feel so depressed and needed to vent somewhere. I also feel sometimes that I am making a mistake by having this surgery because whats going to happen if I cant afford my vitamins and protein shakes? I also feel that one of the reasons I am so over weight is all the stress i have to deal with daily. Like I said im sure it will all work out, and I pray 2012 will be a great year for us. Im going to be working on a healthier me and also I want to find some sort of budgeting classes for us, so we can maybe stop living check to check. Thanks everybody for listening.

I hope things get better for you. Don't be deterred from the surgery based on the cost of vitamins, food, etc. Check out your insurance plan, they may pay for some of the vitamins, or iron and calcium. Also, you'll be eating so much less and healthier I would imagine your food costs will decrease for a bit. Have you looked in your eligibility for food stamps, etc? That can and will definitely help you and the kids make healthier choices.

I totally understand where you're coming from. My boyfriend lost his job back in August and NYS unemployment is crap, barely covers his personal bills. I have been juggling all the house bills along with my own since September and each month it gets harder and harder to make it. I'm actually starting to juggle to the point that everything is late or very close to it.

I, too, have been worried about paying for everything but thankfully my mom has already told me not to worry. She has ordered the starter kit of vitamins for me from Bariatric Pantry along with some protein shake samples. She used my account and I can see she set it up to auto-ship and auto-bill her. It's really a huge weight off my shoulders for me as I was considering putting off surgery until we're back on our feet financially.

thanks so much for your reply. Everything is working itself out its just a hard thing to go through. Thats great your mom is covering your vitamins maybe I can ask the same of my mom at least for a little while to help out. She does so much for me already. We actually dont qualify for food stamps, make to much money go figure. I work for the state and he works for the county.and our lovely governer just cut 3% of our saleries. Just what we needed. I thank you again for the reply it really does help. I wish you the best with your journey and I hope your bf finds a job to help out with the bills.

I know exactly how you are feeling! Have faith that everything will turn itself around. Have you looked into your local townships etc. for some help? Alot of local townships will help with covering a percentage of your electric/gas bill etc. I know there are programs in every state that help with electric and stuff. Also alot of times local energy companies (out here in IL it's comEd) also have assistant programs within the company to help those who are in need. Usually it's a certain percentage off that they take off of your bill each month, sometimes its just one flat rate that you pay regardless if you go over that amount of energy etc. If you need the assistance it doesn't hurt to be on it! I'm sorry that you are so stressed out. Just keep your head up babe I am sure that things will fall into place (as you said they always do). I really hope you start feeling better soon!

I feel you...we're really struggling. It's so sad to not be able to give my two kids what they really want/deserve for Christmas (and my son's b-day is 12/24). I wake up at night with waves of anxiety about how everything is going to work out. One kid starts college next year and the other the following year. We're just trying to get by. I agree that maybe stress is related to my size -- and depression/feeling of being out of control. But I feel like I'm trying to turn things around and live in a positive state of mind. I have my consult tomorrow and I'm very optimistic.

Hang in there, Mishell - it will all be OK...

thanks everybody it really does mean alot to have everybodys support. I know so many people are struggling and have problems. I am really blessed to have found this site you guys are the best.