monnie

I Am Failing

I have never posted before.

I am 3 weeks post-op Gastric Bypass.

I have told no-one except two friends who have also had WLS, and tonight I was out for dinner with a date and when I came home I had 3 truffles. I can't believe that I am failing already. I am so worried that my pouch is too big, and that I will not be able to do this when even so early on I can't control my eating.

Don't be so hard on yourself! This surgery is just a tool. How well you use it is to to you. We had surgery on our stomachs not our brains & I find much of this is a mind-game. You might consider going to speak to a therapist about any food/mood connection you might have going on.

Restart. Today is a new day full of new decisions. Don't let this one decision dictate your future, seize the day and be the keeper to your own weight loss destiny. You CAN do this!

Heather is right. Chalk this up as a lost skirmish, learn from it and go on to win the war!

Thank you all so much - everything you all say is right. New day, new beginning. And that this really is a tool, not a magic pill.

I'm remembering what it was like to be 140 pounds and how happy I was. I was on a thing called Lighter Life for about a year which wrecked my head and my gut and gave me an Eating disorder. But it did work for a while and the memory of how I felt, moving through the world with ease and as light as air, I hope that will keep me focussed.

Again thank you all for being so kind and encouraging.

With love

Don't beat yourself up Monnie - as has already been said - this isn't a magic bullet.

Dust yourself off sweetheart and start today as you mean to go on.

We've all been there with fad diets and Lighterlife is no exception. Banning or limiting normal foods, living on meal replacement shakes, soups, mousses or bars and limiting yourself to 500 calories a day is hardly a recipe for permanent success.

Today is a new start!

Thank you for your words, LL should come with the warning:This is an expensive, unrealistic, unhealthy and ultimately temporary solution!

Kind regards

Monnie

Thank you for your words, LL should come with the warning:This is an expensive, unrealistic, unhealthy and ultimately temporary solution!

Kind regards

Monnie

It something most of us share - it's indicative of our desperation to try anything and everything to lose weight. And those companies do a good job marketing the stuff too.

I wouldn't worry about your pouch being too big. Remember that your nerves in the stomach haven't rehealed so you can't really get any sensation of full yet. Just revisit your surgeon's directions. Also, are you writing your food down? I do MUCH better when I am accountable.

Good luck.

I wouldn't worry about your pouch being too big. Remember that your nerves in the stomach haven't rehealed so you can't really get any sensation of full yet. Just revisit your surgeon's directions. Also, are you writing your food down? I do MUCH better when I am accountable.

Good luck.

Thank you that is good advice!

Monnie

You said you were out for dinner. What did you have? I bet you made a good choice! How much of what did you eat?

3 truffles? How many would you have eaten before? I could have clean out a box of those in one night no problem. You'll do better tomorrow!

Good luck.

JUST TONIGHT, this very thing came in handy for answering some questions as to why I'm gaining/not losing......Being able to look back over the last days/weeks is INVALUABLE when having to analyze what you are doing!!!!!

Yes, for SURE I'd start journaling!!!! The accountability of that is a very valuable tool :)

You said you were out for dinner. What did you have? I bet you made a good choice! How much of what did you eat?

3 truffles? How many would you have eaten before? I could have clean out a box of those in one night no problem. You'll do better tomorrow!

Yes you are right! I had a small piece of fish and some vegetables and drank nothing. And you are soooo right about the truffles. In my whole life I never had uneaten chocolate in the house (still loads left)

Thank you

Monnie