CrazyCatLady

Post Ops

Hi Munsy - I'm envying you what you can eat! I am still struggling with too-large portions, which seem to be more than 3 tablespoons, making me nauseous. Bleah! Plus, some new foods just don't work - the white of a hard-boiled egg was repulsive and upset my tummy for hours. You sound like you are doing great, especially since you had an open surgery. I'm also progressing much slower - no meat except flaky fish until the 7th week out, which for me (I had to wait to start the 4th week) will not be till January 3rd. Also no raw veggies till then. I can, however, have cooked veggies and canned fruits, so I'm starting to enjoy those. They also want us to try a food a day, which means this is all verrrrrrrry slow! :blink: Oh well, really other than that all I can complain about is constipation, my personal nemesis.

I am down 22 lbs since surgery, just about where you are. I was able to go out yesterday and buy some size 18 pants and while they are a bit snug I'll shrink into them and they look good - this is from someone who was wearing 24 in the same brand (elastic waist) pre-surgery!! That was a great boost, and I *did* spend more than I wanted to for the privilege of having some pants to wear to work that show my weight loss - it's a psychological boost.

I have my 1 month follow-up tomorrow, so we'll see what they think.

Good to hear from you. I hope everyone else is doing well and feeling well today!!

Judy

I hit the 40 pounds down mark on Tuesday, December 13th! I hope I continue to lose at this pace. Working out fully with a trainer. I have to make myself go.

Thanks fantastic Judy. In regards to the egg, why don't you try it scrambled (and keep it soft). I remember when I had my lap band, I struggled with boiled eggs. Also remember to chew until you pretty much puree food in your mouth. I find doing this helps it go down well and not get stuck. I didn't chew (on one occasion) properly and it made me feel so sick. I have learnt my lesson. Now I just chew, chew, chew and then swallow. Trust me, it works.

Good luck with the nausea, I know its an awful feeling.

Keep up the great work. T

Hi Munsy - I'm envying you what you can eat! I am still struggling with too-large portions, which seem to be more than 3 tablespoons, making me nauseous. Bleah! Plus, some new foods just don't work - the white of a hard-boiled egg was repulsive and upset my tummy for hours. You sound like you are doing great, especially since you had an open surgery. I'm also progressing much slower - no meat except flaky fish until the 7th week out, which for me (I had to wait to start the 4th week) will not be till January 3rd. Also no raw veggies till then. I can, however, have cooked veggies and canned fruits, so I'm starting to enjoy those. They also want us to try a food a day, which means this is all verrrrrrrry slow! :blink: Oh well, really other than that all I can complain about is constipation, my personal nemesis.

I am down 22 lbs since surgery, just about where you are. I was able to go out yesterday and buy some size 18 pants and while they are a bit snug I'll shrink into them and they look good - this is from someone who was wearing 24 in the same brand (elastic waist) pre-surgery!! That was a great boost, and I *did* spend more than I wanted to for the privilege of having some pants to wear to work that show my weight loss - it's a psychological boost.

I have my 1 month follow-up tomorrow, so we'll see what they think.

Good to hear from you. I hope everyone else is doing well and feeling well today!!

Judy

I hit the 40 pounds down mark on Tuesday, December 13th! I hope I continue to lose at this pace. Working out fully with a trainer. I have to make myself go.

That's a tremendous effort Kimberly, keep up the great work.

T

Yay you! It wasn't SO long ago that you were worried you were losing slowly, do you remember? We all need to stop stressing ourselves.

Proud of you.

I haven't really started exercising yet. I need to find a local oval that's near my new place (I just moved) which will be where I walk - not just for exercise but mental health and work. I'm a writer and walking around ovals always seems to unstick plot points.

And I want to start water aerobics when I find my bathers. And hopefully get back into swing dancing. I want to do FUN exercise that I'll want to keep going to!

How about you guys with exercise? How you doing?

Hi everyone!!

I had my 6 week follow up appointment today. I'm officially down 43 lbs and my surgeon and all the girls that work in his office were so excited for me. I am not doing that great with protein or getting my vitamins in (which I knew already) but I am vowing to do better. My NUT also said I'm not getting in enough calories and I should be eating breakfast and maybe even a "bed time snack." Hearing those words instantly made me think of ice cream. Hopefully I can find a different snack to have before bed. Any suggestions?

Munsy- I'm jealous of all the food you can get in.. and that you can tolerate eggs! If I could have an egg for breakfast I would be so happy!

I found something I can drink...sobe lifewater. Such a relief to drink some serious liquid!!! Tried salmon tonight. No good. Oh well, maybe next time...

Not really exercising yet

"Giddy"...I am just saying :rolleyes:

AWESOME CONGRATS !! Im just 2 weeks away from being a month out and ive lost 24 lbs !! Im so pleased with my surgery so far !! I am having this weird burning sensation that im praying will go away though.

I found something I can drink...sobe lifewater. Such a relief to drink some serious liquid!!! Tried salmon tonight. No good. Oh well, maybe next time...

Not really exercising yet

Hi everyone!!

I had my 6 week follow up appointment today. I'm officially down 43 lbs and my surgeon and all the girls that work in his office were so excited for me. I am not doing that great with protein or getting my vitamins in (which I knew already) but I am vowing to do better. My NUT also said I'm not getting in enough calories and I should be eating breakfast and maybe even a "bed time snack." Hearing those words instantly made me think of ice cream. Hopefully I can find a different snack to have before bed. Any suggestions?

Munsy- I'm jealous of all the food you can get in.. and that you can tolerate eggs! If I could have an egg for breakfast I would be so happy!

How about diet pudding with extra added powdered milk for add'l protein, as a snack? That might scratch that "ice cream" itch :D . Alternatively, a healthy snack would be some canned (or fresh fruit) with greek yoghurt, a bit of vanilla or other spice, and some sweetener.

You are doing so well - I hope I can do as well! I stalled at 22 lbs since the surgery, but this morning I was a few ounces down from that, so I may be breaking through. I'm just 5 weeks out from surgery. I can eat a scrambled egg, but not fried or hard boiled - UGH! Things are going well generally, though I tried a piece of banana Saturday and was sick all day - not sure what happened, either I didn't chew right, or it is too early, or banana just won't be happening in my world any more!!!!!

Take care, one and all, and "God bless us every one" :lol:

Judy

I am officially 41 pounds less. I am exercising but could do more. I have a trainer and with hearings and the holiday shuffle it seems there are just not enough hours in the day. I am hoping to carve out more time after the New Year to go to the gym at least every other day. Right now, I am just working with a trainer and some cardio.

Hi All,

Glad to hear things are getting easier for most of you and for those that are struggling i hope things sort themselves out soon.

I had a stricture dilation last week and am feeling much better now. I am 6 1/2 weeks post op now and am down 32kgs (70 lbs)

am so happy with that and am starting back at the gym after new year. Not getting in enough protien so am trying to focus on that at the moment.

Hope you all have a very Happy Christmas

Hi All,

Glad to hear things are getting easier for most of you and for those that are struggling i hope things sort themselves out soon.

I had a stricture dilation last week and am feeling much better now. I am 6 1/2 weeks post op now and am down 32kgs (70 lbs)

am so happy with that and am starting back at the gym after new year. Not getting in enough protien so am trying to focus on that at the moment.

Hope you all have a very Happy Christmas

What is a stricture dilation? I am 5.5 weeks post op and had a gastroscopy and dilatation yesterday, because I was vomiting up all my food. Wondering if it's a similar thing.

What is a stricture dilation? I am 5.5 weeks post op and had a gastroscopy and dilatation yesterday, because I was vomiting up all my food. Wondering if it's a similar thing.

Hey Sarah

Sorry to hear you are not doing well. What's your surgeon saying?

Talk soon and feel better soon. T

Just in case I don't get a chance prior (been a bit busy of late) wishing you and your families a very Merry Christmas and look forward to a slimmer you and me in 2012.

Kind regards Theresa

Hey Sarah

Sorry to hear you are not doing well. What's your surgeon saying?

Talk soon and feel better soon. T

Haven't vomited since. Result! :) Still feeling a bit weird. Have stomach cramps a LOT at the moment because I'm enjoying the constipation everyone seems to go through. Woe is me. Nah. :) I'm alright.

Merry Christmas everyone! I'll still be lurking and creeping around the forum. :)

Sair we had the exact same thing I was vomiting lots and got to the point where water wouldn't even go through.

So sorry for those that had the strictures!! I'm glad they were able to fix them!! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone!! It's my one-month surgiversary today!!

Hey Guys! First of all I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year~!!

6 weeks Post Op - I am feeling much better now. I can eat more foods as long as I chew them well in small bites and swallow. It still hurts at times with the first few bites, but after that I can eat just fine. I have been stuck at 346 pounds for a week and a half and it is really depressing me. I feel I have not lost as much weight as I should have by now. I don't know about you guys, but I am a bit confused most likely misinformed... I thought that since we don't eat much we would lose fast but it doesn't seem to be the case with me. I do eat enough food and drink plenty of water. So I am wondering if something else is wrong with me since I am not losing at all. Maybe it is the dreaded stall again... but with almost 2 weeks at the same weight it gets so depressing. Am I missing something I am supposed to be doing? How do you guys that have lost alot do it? How much exercise are you getting in and what kind? I would love some pointers to steer me in the right direction.

Clory

Hey Clory

Merry christmas to you too.

Don't feel down, its normal for a slow down in weight loss. I platued for a week but lost 3kg this week alone.

I am eating pretty much everything in tiny portions. I usually get 3 tiny meals in, 2 drinks and 3 Vita wheat biscuits with light cheese or fruit as snack. My dietician told me to aim for 6 meals which includes drinks other than water.

I barely exercise as I have injuries to both knees and had spinal surgery this year. So exercise is extremely difficult.

Keep up the good work, the weight will come off.

Regards Theresa

Hey everyone ! Just popping in to say hello ! Im now 36 lbs down and made it to " two-oneland " on Christmas eve. Best christmas present ever !! NOW .. If i could just get down below 299 !!! haha Ohhh .. man .. what am i gonna do . lol

Im eating pretty much everything in tiny portions . My dr wants me to do 6 small meals a day but im fidning it very difficult ! Im just not that hungry. When i am hungry and pieace of lunch meat pretty much does it for me .

The only thing im having issues with is chicken and not drinking while im eating. These two things are problems for me .

Congrats everyone !!

Hi folks. I'm in the 3rd week of a stall, and fairly discouraged! I've lost 1 lb since 12/12. When in a stall, you of course question everything you are doing, all your iffy choices, and I have made plenty of those. I don't think any of them add up to that much, but they do indicate that I need to be careful.

I'm also having a problem craving things, and then finding they are "Bad Ideas"... things like broccoli cheese soup (ugh), McDonald's fish filet without the bun or sauce (Ugh - greasy), sauteed mushrooms (tasty but didn't sit well). Each of these things seemed like a good idea but my stomach was not very happy. I'm lucky so far that I tolerate most things, haven't thrown up, but the wrong things can make me feel lousy for the rest of the day.

It stinks to have gone through all this and not be losing. I've read about stalls, I know they can be long, and that it should pick up again, but I think it's harder too because of the whole "guilt" thing - I've spent so many long years feeling guilty about what I eat, and to be feeling that way now is just that much more frustrating. I'm also stuck in a rut regarding what I can eat - fish and tuna and egg and beans are my only proteins, and I'm getting SICK of them, plus no fresh fruits or veggies yet, just canned.

I know - whine, whine, WHINE!!! I do appreciate your letting me do it, though!! I hope all the rest of you are feeling well, enjoying what you can eat, and not feeling stuck. Have a wonderful holiday weekend, one and all!!

Judy

Hey Judy - I'm hoping your stall breaks any day now. I had my surgery a week after yours and I too am stuck. I lost 22 pounds - then nothing. Just bounce up or down one. I sometimes feel like I am not getting enough calories or protein - but my plan calls for eting 1/4 cup per meal and I'm supposed to focus on protein.

Anyway, not much to say except I feel ya and hang in there!

Christy

Tomorrow is my two month surgiversary, and I was really hoping to make it to an even 30 pounds lost since surgery. Got on the scale this morning .. up 1.1 pounds. Nice.

It's hard when you're eating so few calories and the scale won't move or decides to randomly go up. I know that it's hormones or water weight when I gain, but it really doesn't make me feel any better! I'd finally broke my stall and started losing again, just to have it sit for a few days and go up. Sigh.

So today, I'm chugging the water, and focusing on high protein and no carbs. I've been eating high fiber tortillas with my dinner to add some carbs and some much needed fiber, and I thought that might have helped with the break of the stall. But maybe a day off will help? I haven't added fruits or veggies, but I'm getting 800 calories on average with 60-70g protein and 64-70 ounces of water. I'm surprised at the amounts I can eat, but at the end of the day, it's still not a ton of calories, so I guess it works. Unless I drink my calories with a SF hot chocolate made with milk. Totally addicted :)

Happy New Year to all my fellow November-ers! I'm a few weeks ahead of some of you currently in stalls, so there's hope you'll break your stalls soon as well!

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I started the new year off right by reaching Onederland!! :) I'm now over half way to my goal. Yesterday I got rid of 12 shirts from my closet and at this rate I won't have many left soon. Jeans I bought about 3 weeks ago are feeling too loose but I'm doing my best to keep them up with a belt.

I hope everyone is doing well!