Time4MeNow

4 Months For Us, How Are You Doing?

Hey June Sleevers how are you doing now?

What are you eating on a typical day at this point? Calories? Protein?

How are you getting fitness in?

What are you struggling with?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Personally I am doing great and dropping a LOT this last month, like I had a surge or something. Down 69.5 overall, 40.5 since surgery June 22. Less than 30 from my goal!

I am eating a protein shake forbreakfast, a coffee with skim milk and splenda mid morning, yogurt for lunch, dill pickle/fuit/or apple for afternoon snack, and usually fish or chicken for dinner. IF I am home at night and need a snack I have gone to a SF pudding or a small serving of sorbet. Calories are under 800, with 60+ g of protein.

I work out at least 2 days a week, usually 3. I do 30 minutes of jogging on the treadmill followed by 15 minutes of weights, then a 15 minute swim in the pool - and then the hot tub for my reward.

I am struggling with a desire for carbs. I will allow low fat wheat thins, but other than fruit, no other carbs at all - NO pasta, rice, bread or anything like that yet. Also struggling with wine - when we go out socially I used to have a couple glasses - it feels weird to sit there drinking water. But I am dealing with some elevated liver enzymes so I have to be good.

How about you guys?

-Marie

I am down 77 lbs. and feel pretty good. I have more energy, but I am still more irritable than normal and short-tempered. I am really happy with the surgery at this point.

I eat about 600-800 calories a day. I have a pretty restricted diet - vegatables, fruit, fish, dairy products, toast, ground beef or turkey. A Starbucks latte figures promiently in my protein "count" for the day. I can't tolerate anything fried (except for french fries), starchy, or doughy and I am afraid of pasta. I can't eat poultry, or any other kind of meat except for ground beef/turkey. I could never tolerate any protein drinks, even in the hospital. I like the Isopure water well enough, but I don't get it very often.

I don't count my protein or the amount of water I drink. I can't even come close to those goals. I also only weigh once a month, preferebly at the drs. I have spent a lot of my life with scale issues, and I am trying to avoid being crazy :wacko:

I swim as much as possible (1-2x week) and go to the gym religiously every Friday with my friend (as we have for the past 4 years!). As it was last month, I am working way, way too much. Only worked 3 hours this Saturday, so I am cutting back!

Kristi

Edited by SDKristi

I am feeling great! Just visited the NUT and Psch for my 3 month follow up (a little late) She said I was right on track. Down 74lbs (including the 17 from pre-op). I can't believe the amount of energy I have. The best part was I went from a 53% BMI to a 39%. Normal here I come! Alright relatively speaking that is.

I am doing much better now. I am eating about 850-950 calories per day and between 70-80 grams of protein. Of course it does fluctuate but that seems to be about my average. I am working out 4-5 hours a week. Right now I am doing water aerobics plus an hour of water yoga for flexibility. I need to get a trainer soon to start working on the loose skin but just have been afraid (for whatever reason). The only thing I am struggling with is ocassional nausea but I got a perscription from my doctor for it, if I just remember to keep it with me. I finally put it in my purse so I always have it. Also vitamins are hard for me. There are a few pills I take that are HUGE and hard to swallow. But I manage to choke them down.

I'm down 100 pounds since surgry and 177 total! I am 12.5 pounds away from my 1/2 way point which is very exciting.

As far as food it varies. Sometimes I have home made protein muffins and other times I will have a protein bar for breakfast. For lunch I usually have chicken and beans or some kind of meat. For dinner I have some kind of meat or chili. I don't usually snack but if I do it is roasted edamame or a protein bar.

Hey June Sleevers how are you doing now?

What are you eating on a typical day at this point? Calories? Protein?

How are you getting fitness in?

What are you struggling with?

Hi, I'm Ellen. I had my gastric bypass on June 27th. I have not lost as much weight as I thought I would have by now, but I have lost almost 50 lbs total. The first few weeks went fine, but recently I am having a difficult time keeping meat down at all. Chicken is the worst, then beef. I can't eat seafood, so that leaves me with very little available meat protein. I have been eating a lot of beans and legumes, but those include a lot more fat grams than meat would. However, that is about all my pouch can handle at this time. At our monthly support meeting, they brought in chili made with ground turkey, and although that gave me a little problem, I was able to keep it down. At this point, I am ready to become a vegetarian, but that does not work well with the amount of protein I need to have. For those of you who may have had the same problem, I would appreciate any suggestions or advice you can give me. Thanks.

Hi, I'm Ellen. I had my gastric bypass on June 27th. I have not lost as much weight as I thought I would have by now, but I have lost almost 50 lbs total. The first few weeks went fine, but recently I am having a difficult time keeping meat down at all. Chicken is the worst, then beef. I can't eat seafood, so that leaves me with very little available meat protein. I have been eating a lot of beans and legumes, but those include a lot more fat grams than meat would. However, that is about all my pouch can handle at this time. At our monthly support meeting, they brought in chili made with ground turkey, and although that gave me a little problem, I was able to keep it down. At this point, I am ready to become a vegetarian, but that does not work well with the amount of protein I need to have. For those of you who may have had the same problem, I would appreciate any suggestions or advice you can give me. Thanks.

Are you doing protein shakes? I mix vanilla with orange juice in a blender with ice - it is awesome.

How about yogurt? Can you tolerate it?

Peanut butter balls are just 1 c peanut butter, 1 c chocolate protein powder and 1 c oats - it makes like a dozen small balls and one is like 100 calories and 15 g of protein.

Try looking at theworldaccordingtoeggface.com she has a lot of great recipes on there. Her egg bites are really good - an egg, cheese, salsa cooked in the oven in small mini muffin pans.

Just be creative, there is a lot out there we can eat.

-Marie

Thank you for your suggestions. The peanot butter balls, especially, sound delicious!

Are you doing protein shakes? I mix vanilla with orange juice in a blender with ice - it is awesome.

How about yogurt? Can you tolerate it?

Peanut butter balls are just 1 c peanut butter, 1 c chocolate protein powder and 1 c oats - it makes like a dozen small balls and one is like 100 calories and 15 g of protein.

Try looking at theworldaccordingtoeggface.com she has a lot of great recipes on there. Her egg bites are really good - an egg, cheese, salsa cooked in the oven in small mini muffin pans.

Just be creative, there is a lot out there we can eat.

-Marie