AnnieE

Approved!

I got an email from my surgeon's office this morning and I was approved! The funniest part about it is that they submitted my paperwork around 9am on Tuesday. The insurance company called *them* which is pretty unusual according to my office. It took under 48 hours which for their office is a record. I can not believe it.

Now I need to meet with pre-anesthesia, get some blood work done and start my two week liquid diet. That will start around 10-11. Now I'm hoping really bad that I find a protein post-op that I can stand. If I do, the rest will be tolerable. I also hope to be able to pay the copay. Ugh.

Congrats on the approval, and good luck with everything!

Congrats on the approval, and good luck with everything!

Thanks! Now all the last minute doubts and plans and everything else start. I'll be fine. I'm just self-aware. LOL

I am so JEALOUS! Who is your Insurance Company?

Congrats! Isn't it surreal?

Congrats! My pre-op journey was really fast as well. I went to the first session in Aug..surgery this Tuesday, Oct 18th. I was approved, met with the surgeon a few days later and he scheduled me for 2 weeks out. I"m on the pre=op liquid diet...6 days into it. I told my husband it was like the Gastric Bypass Drive-Thur. I just hope they throw fries in and supersize it! j/k :)

Congrats on your fast approval. I am on the pre op diet now and love cookies and cream protien shakes. Tue. I go on clear liquids. Ugh. But it is so worth it.

I am so JEALOUS! Who is your Insurance Company?

Sorry it took so long to get back with you. I haven't been on much lately.

I have Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO. It's out of Pennsylvania but I don't live there. My husband's company is based there so our insurance is as well. I was stunned.