Dale~Marie

November 2011 Stapler Dates

I figured I would start this since I got my surgery date, and have seen a few other November dates on here. So, I will start this list...just copy, paste, and add your info as you go.

7th ~ Dale~Marie

Edited by Dale~Marie

I am booked in for Gastric Bypass RNY on 15th November 2011 (in Australia).

Look forward to sharing stories. Good luck for your surgery.

History:

April 2002 - 1st born (son) - 1st miracle

Nov 2003 - 1st Lap Band (150kg)

Oct 2004 - 2nd born (son, stillborn).

Nov 2005 - 3rd born (daughter, passed away after 1 hour).

Feb 2006 - 2nd Lap Band (after slippage)

Feb 2008 - 3rd Lap Band (after 2nd band didn't work).

Mar 2009 - Ectopic Pregnancy

Mar 2010 - 4th born (daughter) - 2nd miracle and apple of my eye.

Aug 2011 - Removal of Lapband

Nov 2011 - booked in for Gastric Bypass RNY

It's October, I thought there would have been a lot more November dates scheduled by now!

Congrats on your surgery date, Munsy! Can't wait to see you on the other side! :lol:

I'm here now!! I am scheduled for November 14th. And I am scared out of my mind. All I keep thinking is what did I get myself into?!

Welcome! Glad you are here!

I am actually quite the opposite. I am nervous ans scared that the rug will be pulled out from under me and this won't happen. But I believe it is normal to be scared, and we will get through all of the laughter and tears together! :)

Hello my surgery is scheduled for November 21st. Waiting on official insurance approval but my policy for sure covers it so im pretty much a Go for november 21..super stoked to get this journey started...

Ok....since we have a few dates, I will start compiling the list. Also want to say "Congratulations on your surgery date", to Allisonsays!!!

Here is what we have so far!

November 7

Dale (Dale~Marie)

November 14

poliscmjr

November 15

Munsy

November 21

Allisonsays

Edited by Dale~Marie

Hi All

I look forward to sharing many stories with you guys. Good luck for your impending surgeries and talk soon.

Regards Theresa

I'm excited there are more people posting!

Has anyone started looking into protein drinks? Have you found any that you absolutely hated? What about loved? I'm trying to start looking now because in 2 weeks I'm on the liquid diet.

I'm excited there are more people posting!

Has anyone started looking into protein drinks? Have you found any that you absolutely hated? What about loved? I'm trying to start looking now because in 2 weeks I'm on the liquid diet.

I actually am going to be drinking SF Carnation Instant Breakfast and add two tsp of non-fat, dry (powdered) milk to it in addition to the regular milk...this will make each drink 21 grams of protein...giving me 84 grams every day! :) I start my liquid diet 12 days after today (on October 26th). I was only supposed to do one week...but for my sake and the surgeon's, I am going to do two weeks. I was looking at whey protein shakes, but none of them sounded "good enough" for me. So, this is the route I am going. Oh...don't forget, you can still have some chicken broth and sf Popsicles and jello during this time. STOCK UP!

I actually am going to be drinking SF Carnation Instant Breakfast and add two tsp of non-fat, dry (powdered) milk to it in addition to the regular milk...this will make each drink 21 grams of protein...giving me 84 grams every day! :) I start my liquid diet 12 days after today (on October 26th). I was only supposed to do one week...but for my sake and the surgeon's, I am going to do two weeks. I was looking at whey protein shakes, but none of them sounded "good enough" for me. So, this is the route I am going. Oh...don't forget, you can still have some chicken broth and sf Popsicles and jello during this time. STOCK UP!

Hellooooo everyone! My name is Emilia, I live in Hyattsville Maryland. I was originally scheduled for gastric on October 7th but was rescheduled to November 4th! I am so glad to be having surgery on the same month as you! Look forward to getting to know you better! Good luck to everyone and congratulations.

Edited by cinwa

Hello, No Thanksgiving dinner for me either....Surgery day is November 23rd, the day before Thanksgiving!! Dale and I live 60 miles away from each other in beautiful northern Wisconsin. I'll be looking forward to reading how each of you come through surgery in November before my big day.

Wow....we are neck and neck on the stats (height & weight), Emilia...and only 3 days apart. This is going to be interesting. Congratulations and welcome!

Danelle ~ Words just can't describe how excited I am for the both of us!!!! EEEEEEEEKKKK! It does make it so much more exciting knowing someone so close (geographically) is going to be going through the same thing around the same time....and also relieving that there will be a "go to person"...ya know?!?

November 4

Emilia

November 7

Dale (Dale~Marie)

November 14

poliscmjr

November 15

Theresa (Munsy)

November 21

Allisonsays

November 23

Danelle (danelle919)

Edited by Dale~Marie

Hi All

They must do things differently in the US!

I don't need to go on any liquid or special diet prior to my surgery in Australia! I wonder why? I have called the surgeon's office because I want all the information that I will receive post op. I know that I will be on a 3 week liquid diet after surgery and the following 3 weeks is smooth foods. I haven't been told that I will need any protein drinks as such!!

I can tell you that I am nervous but I can't wait to have this surgery and start losing the kgs. I can't wait to walk into normal shops and try on normal sizes! I really can't wait to see people's reactions when they see the new me!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Regards Theresa

Hi All

They must do things differently in the US!

I don't need to go on any liquid or special diet prior to my surgery in Australia! I wonder why? I have called the surgeon's office because I want all the information that I will receive post op. I know that I will be on a 3 week liquid diet after surgery and the following 3 weeks is smooth foods. I haven't been told that I will need any protein drinks as such!!

I can tell you that I am nervous but I can't wait to have this surgery and start losing the kgs. I can't wait to walk into normal shops and try on normal sizes! I really can't wait to see people's reactions when they see the new me!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Regards Theresa

There are also many surgeons in the US that do not require a liquid diet pre-op. It is just a personal preference for each surgeon.

You touched on a subject I am most excited about. I am very much looking forward to people's reactions...whether it be "OMIGOSH! You look fabulous!" or they simply walk right by me, because they do not recognize me. It is going to be sooo much fun! It will be like giving a surprise party all the time! LOL!

The post-op diet will be a few different stages. First clear liquids...then dense liquids....then pureed...then soft foods, so not much different than what you will be doing.

There are also many surgeons in the US that do not require a liquid diet pre-op. It is just a personal preference for each surgeon.

You touched on a subject I am most excited about. I am very much looking forward to people's reactions...whether it be "OMIGOSH! You look fabulous!" or they simply walk right by me, because they do not recognize me. It is going to be sooo much fun! It will be like giving a surprise party all the time! LOL!

The post-op diet will be a few different stages. First clear liquids...then dense liquids....then pureed...then soft foods, so not much different than what you will be doing.

That's a relief. I didn't want my experience to be very different to everyone elses. This op is obviously very common in the US but in Australia it is not that common anymore. Most surgeons just like the lap band now!

It will be exciting to see the weight drop off. I can't wait. Look forward to sharing stories though!

Will you bypass be done key hole surgery or open? My surgeon is doing open surgery because I have had the lap band 3 times and have heaps of scarring/adhesions. He said it would be the safest option for me. I am not looking forward to the longer recovery time though!

T

I am doing the laproscopic (key hole) surgery. 3 Lap Bands? Did they keep slipping? Gastric Bypass is far more popular here than the Lap Band.

Lucky you. My first lap band was extremely successful. I lost 50kg. I got pregnant the year after (2004) and again in (2005) but during these two pregnancies I suffered with all day sickness, so I was vomitting a lot. It therefore slipped and I had it replaced in early 2006 and again in 2008 but they never seem to work properly again. It was a frustrating 6 years and I made the decision this year to remove it in August and I had to wait 3 months before I have the bypass, hence my op date in November.

At least with key hole the recovery is quicker than that of the open surgery. My cut is going to be from my breast bone down to my belly button. But it is worth it if the weight comes off.

Its not like I am going to wear bikinis in the future. I would be happy to just wear normal bathers!! I would hate to show off that scar!!!

The Bypass was popular until Australia discovered the lap band. A lot of surgeons now prefer to do this op. T

Most of us are going to have saggy skin just a flapping away in the wind....so unless we are all fortunate enough to get tummy tucks, not many of us are going to be wearing bikinis, not out in public anyway. ;)

I actually have a relative that had the lap band....it didn't work well for her (she ate right through it), and so she switched over to the gastric bypass and has lost a phenomenal amount of weight. If she can do it, I know you can. :) It will definitely be worth it!

Most of us are going to have saggy skin just a flapping away in the wind....so unless we are all fortunate enough to get tummy tucks, not many of us are going to be wearing bikinis, not out in public anyway. ;)

I actually have a relative that had the lap band....it didn't work well for her (she ate right through it), and so she switched over to the gastric bypass and has lost a phenomenal amount of weight. If she can do it, I know you can. :) It will definitely be worth it!

I like hearing success stories, but for me, I especially like hearing stories of banders that have succeeded with the bypass. It is very reassuring.

Anyway, it has been great chatting but must run now. My 18th month has just woken. Hope to speak soon. T

Yeah, it is bed time for me, too...as it is 12:30 a.m. here, and kids wake up for school in a few hours. Nighty night!

Yeah, it is bed time for me, too...as it is 12:30 a.m. here, and kids wake up for school in a few hours. Nighty night!

This is awesome Dale Marie! How is everyone feeling? I had a rough night after reading some things online about "hell week". For the first time last night I started having doubts. I asked myself , am I in over my head, can I REALLY do this? What if I can't.... I am getting surgery but I am soooo soooo nervous and anxious. It couldn't get here fast enough. What are you doing to pass the time? I just have to do a liquid diet the day before surgery and that's it... so it's pretty much the waiting game for me.

To pass the time, I spend the days walking, cleaning, chasing my kids, the pets, reading TT. I hope to be some sort of inspiration and encouragement for others, because I am one of the most optimistic people I know....that's mainly why I am here. I don't really think there is much I can read here informatively that I haven't read over the past 6 years already. However, I do love to read about the personal stories. They are so motivating for me. Do you all have tentative weight goals/dress size goals you would like to reach?

I would like to be 125 lbs and a size 6. I know I could get there, because of the size of my frame. My hands and feet are almost the same size as my 7 year old. To give you an idea....even though I am 130 lbs overweight, I can wear a size 6 shoe....and my ring size is a 4 1/2. The circumference of my ring is smaller than a dime! Yup...I have dwarf bones. I was a gnome in another life. LOL!

I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you! And when we can't see the motivation, inspiration, and determination within ourselves, that we can find those qualities in each other. Hope you all have a fabulous day!!!!

Add me please (as that MIGHT make this real for me). My name is Rachael, I am 47 and 3/4 (age) and a bit over 240 (weight). Scheduled for November 14th at NYU Medical Center.

I have reached the point where I am on information overload and need to re-group, make a list of what I really need and go from there.

I quit smoking 10 days ago and if I can do that - I can do anything!!!

Looking forward to checking in with all of you and cheering you on.