Fl Girl

Yvetterene's Plastic Surgery

Keep her in your prayers for a speedy recovery. Cant wait to see how great the new body is looking. :)

Thank you so much for keeping me in your thoughts. Change of plans - instead of overnight in the hospital, I came home after surgery. Some kind of mixup and I didn't want to delay things. I have pain, of course. They sent me home with oxycodone/apap 5mg-325mg tablets. 1 - 2 tablets every 4 hours. I've been taking one every four hours because I don't want to run out. Slept sitting almost straight up all night last night. My husband basically picks me up off the couch and I hobble to the toilet. He even helps me pee. Thank goodness I can wipe myself. Sorry if TMI!!! So it's only day two. It'll get better. I'll keep in touch and post pics much later!

What great news, that you are home! Can't wait to see your pics. Continue on that get well quick path!

Okay, walking around quite a bit and even climbing up and down stairs VERY SLOWLY. I was taking 1 percocet every two hours. Now I'm taking 1 every three hours. Still sleeping sitting up on the sofa. I plan on taking a shower tonight. Pretty nervous about that, mainly due to seeing the wounds. Don't know... Just freaks me out thinking about what it may look like. But overall feeling a lot better and stronger.

Sounds like your recovery is right on track! So glad to hear you're doing well!

Took my first shower. I'm exhausted. I saw a video on You Tube of a woman who got up, took a shower (alone!) and cooked breakfast on her third day out. It's my third day out and I had to have help getting out of bed, my husband cooked breakfast and then he had to help me shower. And now I feel like I could sleep for a day. Talk about everyone having a different experience.

You are doing great, you're walking and sitting at the pc.....which is more than I expected I'd be doing so soon after surgery. How long was your surgery.....when do you go back to the Dr........do you have any drains....is the pain meds upsetting your stomach????

Sorry for all the questions, I'm getting nervous and counting the days....yikkes :blink: Pain meds give me such stomach pain, I'm more scared of that :unsure:

Hey, Paulette, no worries. Ask away! My husband says surgery was about 2.5 hours. I have two drains, one on each hip. I have not scheduled my follow-up yet, but I'm sure they will call me tomorrow. I'm taking pain meds, Percocets. For a couple of days I was taking one pill every two hours, but now I'm trying to cut down so that I don't run out. There are no refills, so they're gonna have to give me another prescription. They have never upset my stomach, so I'm okay with that. And have I mentioned that my husband is a saint???

So I just got out of bed. I notice that for some reason, I'm having to catch my breath when I sit up from being in a prone position all night. Well, I sleep on my back with my head elevated and pillows under my knees. It takes a couple of minutes to get a good breath, then I'm fine. I feel okay this morning. I'm starting to think that the burning pain I get sometimes when I'm standing up is from the drains. Can't wait until those come out.

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better each day. Soon to be pain free and looking Fab....woo hoo! B) That is so great!

And what a wonderful hubby you have....you are blessed.

Yes, those drains can be a pain (I wont say where b/c I got in trouble once before for using an Acronym....lol) Are you wearing a compression garment?

My surgery is scheduled to take 5 1/2 hrs......yikees......and percosets tear up my stomach.... I dont know why, it always happens to me.....they are giving me something for nausea so hopefully that will address the stomach pain. :mellow:

How many nights did you sleep in the chair? The first night I have to stay in a hotel close by to the surgical center, b/c I have a PO appt the following AM, so I will have to sleep laying flat the first night. Hopefully, they will have me drugged up from the OR.

Continue on that speedy recovery path you are on!

Yes, I'm in a compression garment. I've only taken it off once to shower. Other than that, I've had it on continuously. I'm surprised at how good I feel today. I can almost stand straight up, which is a godsend. My back was killing me for sure. Just took a fifteen minute walk around the dining room table. Not very scenic, but at a pretty good clip for recovery!

Paulette, when is your surgery?

Wow, up and walking so soon. That's really good. I'm so happy for youi.

My surgery is next Wed, I go down to Miami on Tue, for my pre op appt and then surgery first appt Wed Am and I go back to the Dr for my first Post op on Wed, then home for 7-10 days, when I go back to have my drains removed.

They are giving me Percocets along with Zorfran (sp) for nausea, I hope it takes care of the pain that percocets usually give me. Along with flexaril adn antibotics......The part that scares me the most is pain pills tear up my stomach so badly.....

Wow, so soon! We can be like surgery sisters. I'll definitely be praying for a swift recovery with no upset stomach. Remind me what you are having done? If memory serves you've already done arms and breasts?

I've already done my arms. This time I will be having an exteded Tummy Tuck (from side to side and up the middle to the breast area). Plus a breast lift with extended to the under arms (to remove the side boobs, that like to pop out of the side of my bra...lol)

I was told it would take 5 1/2 hrs, which is the max amt of time he will allocate for being under.

girls, i just got my date for my tummy tuck! december 13th! he's going to try to not have to cut me down the middle, making a t or cross scar. he's also going to take care of the mons pubis area as well. i call it a vaginaplasty, hahahahaha.

so excited for you both! looking forward to joining the tummy tuck club.

girls, i just got my date for my tummy tuck! december 13th! he's going to try to not have to cut me down the middle, making a t or cross scar. he's also going to take care of the mons pubis area as well. i call it a vaginaplasty, hahahahaha.

so excited for you both! looking forward to joining the tummy tuck club.

Yeah for you Julie....7 day count down for me.....scarry :unsure:

Yeah for you Julie....7 day count down for me.....scarry :unsure:

oh wow i will call you soon! i am excited for you. i will be sure to call you before you go in. btw, ladytarheel (was that who it was?) didn't send me the compression garments, but i found some online right away. how long did you wear them for again? i'm a month post-op from the breasts & arms.

So I'm back to work today. I'm planning to work today and tomorrow and take Friday off for my doctor's appointment. I'm hoping they will remove the drains. A fellow co-worker picked me up this morning and will bring me home tonight, so I'm definitely not doing any driving yet. I don't trust myself to have the proper reflexes and such for that yet. I think it will be a while before I feel comfortable driving. I'm really not that comfortable being a passenger yet, either. It doesn't "hurt." I just get a weird tingly feeling that makes me tense up. So far I've been doing okay at work today. Obviously slower than usual, but not tired yet. I'm a full-charge bookkeeper, so lots of just sitting at work.

oh wow i will call you soon! i am excited for you. i will be sure to call you before you go in. btw, ladytarheel (was that who it was?) didn't send me the compression garments, but i found some online right away. how long did you wear them for again? i'm a month post-op from the breasts & arms.

Oh, I'm sorry Julie, I gave her your address. I wore my for several weeks after a couple of weeks I stopped wearing them at night. I woudl say at least 6 weeks,....the longer the better. It shouldnt be too bad now that the weather is cooling off. At least cooling off up there, we still have 90+ days.

Are you still wearing your sports bra 24/7, you dont want those puppies to sag. :)

Stay well my friend xoxo

So I'm back to work today. I'm planning to work today and tomorrow and take Friday off for my doctor's appointment. I'm hoping they will remove the drains. A fellow co-worker picked me up this morning and will bring me home tonight, so I'm definitely not doing any driving yet. I don't trust myself to have the proper reflexes and such for that yet. I think it will be a while before I feel comfortable driving. I'm really not that comfortable being a passenger yet, either. It doesn't "hurt." I just get a weird tingly feeling that makes me tense up. So far I've been doing okay at work today. Obviously slower than usual, but not tired yet. I'm a full-charge bookkeeper, so lots of just sitting at work.

Good for you, how many days are you Post Op 8?????. I'm planning on being out 10 days and then coming back to work part time for a week. My intent is to have my drains removed before coming back to the office...fingers crossed.

Are you still draining?

I'm an HR mgr, so I have a desk job also...hope I bounce back as quickly as you're doing....What scares me is the 5 1/2 hrs in the OR. :huh:

Good for you, how many days are you Post Op 8?????. I'm planning on being out 10 days and then coming back to work part time for a week. My intent is to have my drains removed before coming back to the office...fingers crossed.

Are you still draining?

I'm an HR mgr, so I have a desk job also...hope I bounce back as quickly as you're doing....What scares me is the 5 1/2 hrs in the OR. :huh:

My surgery was Thursday, September 8th, so I'm actually 6 days post-op. I know... I'm crazy. I still have my drains, but I'm wearing a very big shirt from before gastric bypass, so no one can see it. I just look fluffy on top. :) Hopefully my drains are coming out on Friday. I'm still draining about 15mm per side per day. I think that that is low enough, but who knows. Plus, I have a couple of days until my appointment so I'm hoping it's lower than that and they'll remove them. The left one is bothering me.

Glad you're making your job schedule work -- I know that was a big concern! I'm also glad to hear you're not driving yet -- I was worried about that part! ;)

I did pretty much the same thing you did -- got a ride at first, didn't come back full steam right away -- and it worked out pretty well. Good on you!

My surgery was Thursday, September 8th, so I'm actually 6 days post-op. I know... I'm crazy. I still have my drains, but I'm wearing a very big shirt from before gastric bypass, so no one can see it. I just look fluffy on top. :) Hopefully my drains are coming out on Friday. I'm still draining about 15mm per side per day. I think that that is low enough, but who knows. Plus, I have a couple of days until my appointment so I'm hoping it's lower than that and they'll remove them. The left one is bothering me.

Day 6....wow, you're my hero....I want to be just like you when I grow up.....lol :P

Seriously, you are doing great. That's good to know about the drain. I was told to come back in approx, a week to 10 days PO to have the drains removed....that would give me to the 30th. I'm scheduled to return to work on 10/3, if the plan works....

The drains can be annoying....I'm sure they will be taking yours out when you go for your visit.

How's your tummy looking????

Day 6....wow, you're my hero....I want to be just like you when I grow up.....lol :P

Seriously, you are doing great. That's good to know about the drain. I was told to come back in approx, a week to 10 days PO to have the drains removed....that would give me to the 30th. I'm scheduled to return to work on 10/3, if the plan works....

The drains can be annoying....I'm sure they will be taking yours out when you go for your visit.

How's your tummy looking????

LOL, for sure. I don't feel like anyone's hero. I'm thinking of the You Tube videos of girls who had the surgery and were up showering, cooking and doing laundry on day 3. And who's the lady on this site who was pulling up carpet on day 3? She also did like 100 sit ups a day before surgery. I'm terrible at names... sorry. But anywho, I can shower by myself now and I'm sure I could probably do a little more than I am, but why? I tend to err on the side of caution and don't push myself too quickly. Right now I'm concentrating on relaxing my back and muscles so that they can heal. You know what? My back KILLS ME!!! Someone had suggested to me that I get a walker, but I didn't because I was thinking, "What the heck am I going to do with it after I'm done?" But maybe I should have. Oh, well. Hindsight is 20/20, right?

As far as how my tummy looks... I've only seen it twice. I've kept my compression garment on except for the two times that I have showered. It looks like it's been cut up and taped shut. LOL. I definitely notice that I'm super swollen ABOVE the tummy tuck. I've peeked at my belly button under the bandage and it looks dark in there. LOL. I have some before pics. As soon as I think that the during and after shots are ready to be taken, I will share. To me, it looks a bit scary right now and I'm a big chicken. I wish I could just twitch my nose and have everything done with already.