May Surgeries

vashell

Been doing great until this past few weeks. Lots of pain and burning in pouch. Afraid of an ulcer.. Spoke with nurse today and am on meds for 2 weeks.. Have had some dental work done....maybe the medicine has done this?

I'm finally doing much better. No longer have my feeding tube or picc line. Should be released from home health care soon :) I've lost 100 pds and look forward to more!! How are you doing?

Serena, my dear, I am so proud of you....you take a licking and just keep on ticking. :) Keep on keeping on....you will go far!

Complication free and down 93.5 right now. Pants from size 28 to 20. Bra from 48C to 38D. Ring from 8.5 to 6.5.

I'm mad at myself for not taking measurements.

Lisa

Edited by Caffe

Lisa, I took measurements but I've since lost the notebook I wrote them down in so I have no idea how many inches I've lost, either :( but at least we've lost a lot and know that from our clothing!!!

Thank you for the kind comment mom of four!! :)

Serena,

I kept the pants and top I wore into/out of the hospital, and the largest pants I ever had. I guess I could measure the pants' waistband but it would be a little off since they were 28s and tight. It would give me a good idea at least.

All the old elastic waist pants I had no longer fit. I've gotten rid of a lot of tops already because they hang. It's funny, I'm still considered MO but at almost 100 lbs down, I want my clothes to fit and not hide me! I need to clean out my closet again!

Lisa

i am also disapointed i never took measurements. stalling a bit lately but got down to 188 today. I really want to hit 160 by Nov 10 but I have a feeling that is far reaching... I am already seeing flabby skin in my stomach area-but I am working out as much as I can also. down 61lbs from surgery date on 5/24/11.

I am 75 lbs down now and off all medications. Last night I was at a friends and someone that hadnt seen me stopped and said "Have you lost weight?" I wanted so bad to shake my head and say "No wearing black always makes me look thinner" Anyways love the changes and the new energy!

My loss has been slow relative to the crowd, but given my history, it's not a huge surprise. I've lost about 37 lbs since my May 18 surgery. I'm off several of the medications I was taking for fibromyalgia and high blood pressure, can run (slowly) a couple of miles without stopping, and have complete resolution of GERD and IBS. I've gotten to do a number of things my weight prevented for my entire adult life -- I went backpacking for the first time, went horseback riding, and completed a treetop obstacle/zipline course. So far, I'm very happy I had the surgery. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I feel great..no complications, down 82 lbs total. Running 3 miles now..also slowly but I can do it! No food intolerances except for protein shakes but this also means I can get adequate protein from food. I have gone from a 22 to a 14!! Glad to hear everyone is doing so well!

i have been doing great no complications at all. I am now a size 9 and weight 170. only 40 lbs til goal! feeling great.

I'm not sure if it's just a lot of stalling at this stage for me or what, but my weight loss has slowed down quite a bit. Since I've met the 100 pds of loss I've only lost 2 more pds. The good thing is that I've noticed that clothes continue to feel like they're outgrowing me hehe