idblfanatic

3 Months Out

I am 3 mos out, and I have lost 102 LBS (since my 1st visit with the Dr in Apr)

How is everyone doing?

Edited by idblfanatic

I am 3 mos out, and I have lost 102 LBS (since my 1st visit with the Dr in Apr)

How is everyone doing?

Well I am over 10 weeks, and have lost 55 since my first appointment in November, and 30 since surgery. I am down to 166, and am running a 5k this weekend!! I also bought a pair of size 12 dress pants today because my pants are all too big. Almost 50% of my excess weight is GONE!!

Still eating my protein shake in the AM (blended with fruits or peanut butter), Greek yogurt at lunch but I add granola now, a cheese stick for a snack and some type of seafood for dinner.

-Marie

Wow Rick you are doing awesome. I have lost 50 lbs and more importantly resolved my sugar issues. Seem to have slowed down with the weight loss or hit a stall I guess, but Hopefully the scales will start to move again. Funny thing is I don't even miss the things I can't eat anymore. :D

I'm 11 weeks out and am down 60 pounds (11 of those were before surgery) and am feeling great! Down from a size 22 (almost 24) to an 18. Yippee! Eating about 3.5 to 4 ounces of food, mostly protein, at meals and am drinking two protein shakes a day. Just went in for my bloodwork today, so am anxious to see what that looks like. I'm pretty faithful to my vitamins, except for the calcium. Can't seem to always get those in everyday. I try to work out 3 to 4 times a week. Trying to get more, but between work, travel and school it's nearly impossible!

The whole stall thing still gets me. I'll stay at one weight (+/- 1 pound) for over a week and then BOOM will loss like 5 pounds. My last big loss was going from 229 to 225 this week. Looking froward to getting under 200!!

Hi -

I didn't know this group existed here :D I've lost 66 lbs. or that's what it was at 3mos. appointment. I don't weigh myself at home. I am sorely tempted, because I think I am down a bit more, but its not a good thing for me.

I eat cheese, beans, fish & seafood. I don't do protein drinks (although I may have found an expensive protein water I can tolerate mixed 50/50 with water!) and cannot tolerate meat, other than chili type mixtures. I don't really eat very much protein overall, 40 g tops, and I haven't lost my hair...

I exercise 2-3 times a week, swimming, walking, and doing the gym/machines. I work way, way too much, and often over the weekends. I think I am crankier since the surgery, but I do have a teenager.

Kristi

Hi -

I didn't know this group existed here :D I've lost 66 lbs. or that's what it was at 3mos. appointment. I don't weigh myself at home. I am sorely tempted, because I think I am down a bit more, but its not a good thing for me.

I eat cheese, beans, fish & seafood. I don't do protein drinks (although I may have found an expensive protein water I can tolerate mixed 50/50 with water!) and cannot tolerate meat, other than chili type mixtures. I don't really eat very much protein overall, 40 g tops, and I haven't lost my hair...

I exercise 2-3 times a week, swimming, walking, and doing the gym/machines. I work way, way too much, and often over the weekends. I think I am crankier since the surgery, but I do have a teenager.

Kristi

Kristi -

It is the teenager, let me assure you! Mine are now gone, therefore my username, as they are both in college this fall. But I am working a 2nd job at night to financially get us through these college years, so workouts are hard to get in as well.

Have you tried blending your protein shakes with fruits and other things? Mine are SOOO good, I look forward to them. Today I had chocolate powder with skim milk and krema peanut butter. Yesterday I had vanilla powder, milk, ice and a nectarine in it. Try some sample packs as many folks I know are 2-3 years post surgery and have them for life.

LOTUS - Good job as well!

We are moving those scales down now.

When is your 3 month appointment - my 3 month date is 9/22 but my appointment is not until the 13th of October?? I have a slip for blood work I will get the week October 3 however.

-Marie

I had my surgery on June 3rd and I am down 66 pounds... and feeling better everyday

So happy to see everyone doing so well and to see that my weight loss is right in line with you all. Surgery was June 20th and I am down 63lbs. Gotta pump up the exercise. Can't wait until football/cheer season is over and I am not at a practice 4 nights a week or a field for 5-7 hours a weekend!

Had my 3 months post op yesterday....no lab results yet but lots of concern about the possibility of the ulcer (or another) flaring again...

double dosing the Nexium and back to the carafate. Still haivng issues with solid foods - textures - hair starting to really fall out UGH - down 66lbs but only 45 since day of surgery. Best news is NO REFLUX ISSUES which is the reason I did this...weight loss was much neeed but is a bonus. Seems mine is gong slower but I expected that with the 40 yr history of constant dieting and being post menopausal too = COMPLETELY SHOT METABOLISM.

Otherwise, seems hitting the 3 mo mark finally rounded a corner and I feel "normal" again...even noticed a little pep in my step (although the steps hurt like heck still as the weight loss has not as yet helped with the extreme plantar faciatis) Clothes shopping is becoming a neccessity as I am scrambling to find something to wear :)

At three months out I have lived through two stalls and finally (I think) have learned to eat the way I should. Even my snacks are adding to my protein consumption. I walk quite a bit and just completed a 5K Walk/Run (I walked). According to my Cardio Trainer app I did 3.5 miles in 67 minutes at and average of 3.1 mph and burned 493 calories. For me that is huge! I am currently weighing 214.6 lb. I am working my way to 199 one day at a time. My surgeon joked that he could feel/see my ribs when I went for my 3 month post op! I'm still waiting to see a prominent collar bone and the high cheek bones that run in my family. I feel good. I usually have good energy and sometimes I even feel a little sexy :P .

I am wearing clothes that I had packed away and refused to give away. The last time I had to move them I gave myself five years to get back into them. Well It's been 3.5 years and I'm finally back in them. I have the ones I can fit or will fit shortly in my room and the smaller things are packed away waiting for me to get into them. Next summer, I'm going to have to do a lot of shopping! Whooo Hoooo! :D and my pooooor wallet! :o . Over all I am doing ok. I need to exercise more and build up my stamina and my agility and strength. I'll get to where I need to be eventually. I hope everyone else is doing well. C'ya at the next update!

AWESOME JOB EVERYONE!! I had my sleeve at the end of June....and, as of today's "official" weigh-in - - i"ve lost 50.5 lbs---35 since surgery... I am totally psyched!!! And it feels great...I feel great....and am keeping focused. Some might say that I'm obsessed....?! but - eeeeh - - I'm happy that the weight is falling off...... they say w/ VS it goes slower - but i'm still losing about 2-3 lbs per week so I can not complain. The journey continues.....more lbs to come off...hope to be down to goal by mid/late April 2012. That means another 50-60 lbs to go!!!! :-)

Happy day all!!!

hi all! I am 3.5 months out and down 52lbs! weight loss has slowed down but its still going down :) WOW you all are doing amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how much do you guys eat per meal? And what kind of excercise ( and how long) are you guys doin?? I sooo have to get myself motivated again!!

hi all! I am 3.5 months out and down 52lbs! weight loss has slowed down but its still going down :) WOW you all are doing amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how much do you guys eat per meal? And what kind of excercise ( and how long) are you guys doin?? I sooo have to get myself motivated again!!

I walk for about an hour-hour 1/2 a day, I get about 4-4.25 miles in a day.