Twiggy

Quick Snack

Just spread a little peanutbutter on some crisp lettuce - yummy

You gotta try it before you knock it!

peanut butter is good on just about anything, thats what i love about it. :)

Just a quick reminder that for some plans, lettuce isn't an 'allowed' food for some time due to it's difficulty being digested and potential for blockages... (My plan called for lettuce as one of the very last foods added into my diet at around the six month mark)

Absolutely! Please follow your diet plans!

I am 2 years out now and can tollerate absolutely anything so I am always grateful for yummy healthy snacks.

Absolutely! Please follow your diet plans!

I am 2 years out now and can tollerate absolutely anything so I am always grateful for yummy healthy snacks.

Honestly- lettuce and PB does not sound good to me.. however.. I do like it on celery so maybe? I will have to try and see how I like it, lol... What PB do you use? (it's high in fat... I'vd tried to ground yourself types.. and it always feels like it's missing something. Probably the sugar that the yummy pb's add, lol) Have you tried the PB2 powdered peanut butter at all? I wonder how some pb2 sprinkled on the lettuce might work?

Honestly- lettuce and PB does not sound good to me.. however.. I do like it on celery so maybe? I will have to try and see how I like it, lol... What PB do you use? (it's high in fat... I'vd tried to ground yourself types.. and it always feels like it's missing something. Probably the sugar that the yummy pb's add, lol) Have you tried the PB2 powdered peanut butter at all? I wonder how some pb2 sprinkled on the lettuce might work?

Eew powered PB! That just sounds wrong.....lol :P I don't eat a lot of PB but when I do I get the creamy Skippy (low fat). I'm gonna have to try it on lettuce.

Eew powered PB! That just sounds wrong.....lol :P I don't eat a lot of PB but when I do I get the creamy Skippy (low fat). I'm gonna have to try it on lettuce.

It's fantastic (powdered pb2) in shakes and puddings and stuff..... I dunno about how it would work for this kind of snack, though.. lol

I use Nature's Choice Peanut Butter - very yummy

http://www.natureschoice.co.za/bio-friendly/sundry-health-food-lines/peanut-butter/

You honestly have to try the lettuce and peanut butter thing - satisfaction guaranteed :)

Does anyone else have any ideas - so far I have:

Cellery and Peanut Butter

Lettuce and Peanut Butter

Carrot Sticks and Peanut Butter

Banana and Peanut Butter

................... all other ideas welcome!

apple slices & peanut butter are good together too.

i also really like apple slices with sliced (reduced fat) cheddar.

ETA: when i was newly post-op & allowed to have apples again, i was told to peel them, as the apple peel would be tough to digest. now i can eat the peel though.

Edited by Julie S.

I'm sad, I can't eat regular peanut butter, I only like the natural kinds and since surgery oily foods don't sit well with me and natural peanut butter is oily, even when well mixed.

I'm sad, I can't eat regular peanut butter, I only like the natural kinds and since surgery oily foods don't sit well with me and natural peanut butter is oily, even when well mixed.

Have you tried draining off the oil after it rises to the top? Or is that too thick to go down well?

It's fantastic (powdered pb2) in shakes and puddings and stuff..... I dunno about how it would work for this kind of snack, though.. lol

Oh yeah I never thought about putting it in shakes and stuff. I just though sprinkling it on bread, celeary, etc was odd. LOL

Oh yeah I never thought about putting it in shakes and stuff. I just though sprinkling it on bread, celeary, etc was odd. LOL

With the PB2, you can mix it with water and it is about the same consistency as regular peanut butter. It's good. Really.

apple slices & peanut butter are good together too.

i also really like apple slices with sliced (reduced fat) cheddar.

ETA: when i was newly post-op & allowed to have apples again, i was told to peel them, as the apple peel would be tough to digest. now i can eat the peel though.

yummy - yummy - yummy! My new favourite is the apple slices with PB - thanks!

Have you tried draining off the oil after it rises to the top? Or is that too thick to go down well?

I did try, it is way too dry and thick that way. I figure it's a good thing I can't handle oily foods after surgery, no more greasy burgers, fried chicken and pizza for me! :-)

I do the PB2 just fine though. I can make that as creamy as I want with just a tad more water and it is wonderful when I crave a Reese's chocolate, I just make a protein shake with it or mix it with greek yogurt and SF chocolate syrup.