ShrinkingDaily

October Stapler Dates

I was 4 weeks out yesterday. Things had been going so well. I had had a couple instances where I ate too fast (soup I think) and got sweaty, but nothing more. Until yesterday. I ate about a quarter cup of seafood salad. I had been craving seafood. I was heaving and sweating and shaking for close to 2 hours. I couldn't get any water down. That caused more heaving. It was a tough night. I was thankful to get a sleeping pill down and rested part of the night anyway. Today I woke up and my face has bright red, dry and really sore blotches on it. I'm not sure if I was dumping yesterday, or, if I had an allergic reaction to what I ate, or both.

Today my stomach is steady, but I am beat.

Other than yesterday's escapades, I am doing well. I still have one protein drink per day because I just can't get in the protein requirements with what I can eat. I seem to be always planning what goes into my mouth next; can I stomach another egg because it is high in protein, or settle for beans. I know in time I will get a good routine working for me.

I walk daily. I haven't been cleared for the gym yet. On rainy days I do a Walk Away The Pounds dvd. My hip flexors suffered the first week of that, but have stretched themselves out for now.

My clothes are too big. I just can't seem to get myself to want to shop yet. I think my head is stuck back 55 pounds ago when shopping was less choosing what looked good, but choosing what fit.

I'm glad that I did this. It was the right thing for me. Every day I feel better and stronger.

I"m so glad to read these posts. I'm 4.5 weeks out but have had a terrible week this week. I'll eat something one meal and then go to eat it another time, get a bite in and become nauseous. right now chili with a ton of beans is the food of choice! I just chew chew chew and it is going well for me. I try very hard to get my protein in but like somebody posted..the chewable vitamins gag me..so i'm looking for a smaller vitamin to swallow. I guess I could always cut a larger one in 1/2.

I have more energy and have started walking. I need to kick the exercise up a notch and do a little more walking. I'll start on the treadmill and can sit down if need be. Everybody sounds like they are doing terrific! Way to go OCTOBER WLS Peops!

I am just over 5 weeks out (already!) and things are good for the most part. I've learned not to trust my moody pouch as one day it's perfectly happy with something the next, not so much!

I've tried chicken a few times and each time, it has hurt so badly that it had to come back up for some relief, so, I'm making lots of soups and chilis which is fine with me - I love those types of food, especially with the colder weather.

I'm also noticing more energy now so that's a plus :)

It's really reassuring to see comments from people about the same stage as me having the same issues. I keep worrying about strictures but I think we're all pretty normal right now...

I am a little over 3 weeks out and am in the pureed stage. My pouch has only been moody once-in-a-while -- like Tuesday when it would not let me drink my whole protein shake -- I just knew that a few more sips and it was going to come right back up. It just tasted wrong to me. Yesterday I stuck to other means of protein and was barely under my goal.

I eat hummus for lunch almost daily, but today it just wasn't working out...took me FOREVER to eat it, but then again, I guess its good that I'm not scarfing it down. I think my problem is that I tire of the food. I hate having to throw things away so I try to make them last...but three days of the same thing is so boring!!!

I haven't had any aches and pains and my liquid stitches are finally starting to peel off.

My nose is so finely tuned now, its funny. My family jokes that I can smell a mouse pass gas 400 miles away! The smell of brewing coffee makes me nauseous and my husband had a "smell" until a few days ago (we found out it was the body wash he was using).

I'm not as tired as I was in the beginning, thankfully, and can go most days without taking a nap midday.

I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well and I'm not the only one with a Jekyll & Hyde pouch!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I am 8 weeks out and I still have a problem now and then but I am much better than the beginning. I am down @35 pounds from the day of surgery and 50 since I started this process. I am so happy I decided to get WLS even with alll my complications. On a side note I am back to work finally and my boss was a really horses @*# to me. I am just so glad I will be done with school soon and I can leave here to start law school in Florida. LSATs are Dec 3rd so wish me luck. :unsure:

Glad to hear everyone is adjusting well.

I'm actually having fun trying new WLS recipes and enjoying them. The bad part since I have started this process not only have I lost weight but my husband has lost weight too and he didn't need to. On Thanksgiving day - he gave his belt to his grandson because he had no holes left in - we have since bought him a new belt and some new jeans. He was the type of person that when I was on pureed stage, don't cook for me - since you can't eat. He's eating the new meals and not complaining so I guess that is good.

I would advise anybody when you go to buy clothes not to buy too many - I bought 2 pairs of jeans on Black Friday - they were on sale and I had coupons so I didn't pay more than $10 a pair, but today I put a pair on and they are lose in the waist already - I guess that is good.

I think we need to see some serious updates Ocotber people. Post your stats. :D

I'm doing pretty well...I'm down 39lbs since surgery date and I am just 6 lbs till Onederland. 64 more lbs till goal.

I've lost a total of 4 inches off my bust, 3.5 inches off my waist and 7 inches off my hips.

I haven't had any complications *knock on wood* and seem to be adjusting well. I will be honest, there are some days that I just don't want anything to do with food and other days its all I can think of. It's a balance, to say the least.

I am down 94 pounds. I am just 1.5 pounds from my half way (half-weigh) point and just 6 pounds from 100 pound loss. I had hoped to get to the 100 pound loss by my birthday (2/14), but that doesn't seem likely. But I should be half way to goal by my birthday. Great gift to myself!

HI I DESPERATELY NEED HELP!!!! I AM NOT LOSING, CAN EAT ANY THING. MY STOMACH IS ALWAYS GURGLING. HOW DO I JUMP START MY BODY TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH THIS GBS THING? MY BODY HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN. IS IT MENOPAUSE? WAS THIS SURGERY A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY?

I have lost 65 ponds since surgery... having really no complications... lost 6 inches off of my waist and can now fit into a mens size L shirt... the same size my husband wears woohoo!

HI I DESPERATELY NEED HELP!!!! I AM NOT LOSING, CAN EAT ANY THING. MY STOMACH IS ALWAYS GURGLING. HOW DO I JUMP START MY BODY TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH THIS GBS THING? MY BODY HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN. IS IT MENOPAUSE? WAS THIS SURGERY A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY?

Cassie it looks like you have allready lost 80 pounds which is fantastic. You might just be in a stall right now. Do you work out? if no you should start. Also just because you can eat anything doesnt mean you should this tool you have been given will only work as well as you let it work. Maybe try changing up your diet you might need more calories or something.

Cassie it looks like you have allready lost 80 pounds which is fantastic. You might just be in a stall right now. Do you work out? if no you should start. Also just because you can eat anything doesnt mean you should this tool you have been given will only work as well as you let it work. Maybe try changing up your diet you might need more calories or something.

Have you considered getting into counseling or a support group for long-term success? Studies show that WLS patients who actively seek support are more likely to keep the weight off, because there is a sense of accountability and it keeps you in the frame of mind to do what you're supposed to with this gift/tool that you have been given. I would get back to the basics of your program and talk with your nutritionist. You will also benefit from tracking your food and daily calorie intake. I use myfitnesspal.com and start exercising on a regular basis for at least 30 minutes at a time. Our stomachs have changed, but if we don't work on our heads/minds and all those old patterns we developed that got us fat in the first place, one could regain all their weight. It's not worth it! People regain their weight by eating slider and/or simple and even complex carbohydrates and grazing on the throughout the day. Don't allow yourself to get into this pattern. Stick to the 70% protein and then fruits and veggies and allow yourself other carbs only on occasion and only at mealtimes. Keep taking your vitamins, get your water in, and get all your protein in each day. You can do it!

I'm down 60 lbs since surgery and not having any problems.

I did have a bad case of stomach virus - couldn't eat anything - or drink for about 3 days- but after that I've been fine.

Couldn't be happier.

Happy to see everyone progressing so well from our group. :D

I am down almost 60 pounds since the day of the surgery and over 70+ since I started working towards having GBS. I am down from 22/24 to 16/18. Although I had complications in the beginning I am happy with my decision to undergo the procedure. Stay healthy everyone.

Happy to see everyone progressing so well from our group. :D

I am down almost 60 pounds since the day of the surgery and over 70+ since I started working towards having GBS. I am down from 22/24 to 16/18. Although I had complications in the beginning I am happy with my decision to undergo the procedure. Stay healthy everyone.

Congratulations and keep up the great work!!

I too am down from a 24 to a 16, actually almost 14 :)

The only issues I have had are getting all my liquids in during the day, and an occassional pain in my lower middle abdomen, right below the belly button.

Other than that, the journey has been AMAZING and I wouldn't change it for ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

Well I am 18 pounds from being out of the obese category and entering into the overweight one. I am so excited to get there. I am in a 14/16W right now and feeling wonderful. Had a guy whistle at me the other day and I could not stop smiling all day long. :)

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. I'm down 75 lbs - 10 lbs and I will be the normal weight category- YEAH!!!

I'm always in between sizes so - I haven't bought anything until I reach my goal weight. Goodwill store near me has great clothes and great prices, so it has been a god send for me.

I'm dancing between a 16 and a 14 at the moment...I actually bought a dress that was size L! Everything is good and I'm just 7lbs from losing a total of 100lbs!

Time for another check in people. How is everyone doing?

Happy Surgiversary to all October people!!!

Congrats on making it to the one year mark!!

Happpy happy Surgiversary to all the October people. :)