Sign in to follow this  
onceagain

(Ulcer) Revision Needed

It's been years since I've been here but I need some help. Every single day for almost 3 years I've been in pain. 10 years ago I had a Roux-N-Y-Gastric Bypass almost 3 years ago; I was told I have 2 Ulcers. 1 particular ulcer causes me pain to the point I can't get out of bed somedays and making doctors understand the pain is almost futile. The almost endless list of acid blockers I've been prescribed is getting longer but very few doctors want to operate on a patient in which they didn't do the original surgery. I've been seeing a digestive disease doctor, he says just hurry and get the surgery (revision) done already. Easier said than done, going through the process of trying to get a revision seems to harder than getting the original surgery. It's so difficult to contact a surgeons office, wanting to schedule an appointment but I've run into so many issues with (ineffective health insurance, inexperienced doctors, uneducated office staff) Now that I've gotten my insurance issues taken care of,

1. What type of doctor should I be seeing?

2. Are the normal 6 month waiting and participating in weight loss program/dietitian and psychological evaluation needed for a revision for an ulcer needed?

Hello,

so did you have normal checkups years after year with your surgery? I know people move/surgeons move, etc etc but I think some kind of contact with a surgeon would have helpful. There when issue come up they can be discussed and if a revision is needed you not at the starting point looking for a doctor. It sounds as though you need to start everything new because there wasn't enough adequate follow-up care.

Q1. A lifetime commitment with a Surgeon (who specializes in WLS) Annuals Checkups, etc, etc.

Q2. Each location may have their own rules, but its best to contact at least your nearest location and get familiar with them.

Hope this helps a little.

Best regards,

UBER__

Edit: just looked at the OP date its been some time. Sorry for bumping.

Edited by UBER__