Time4MeNow

2 Months Out, How Are You Doing

So how are the June stompers doing?

When did you have your surgery and how much have you lost since?

Any complications or issues as we all start to enter the "we can have salad now" phase (8 weeks for most of us, I think.)

My surgery was June 10th and as I don't weigh at home I am not sure the exact amount lost but it was right at 30 lbs last official weigh with the NUT last week. Still have a lot of issues with texture of meat and throw up more than I have my entire life combined I think in the last few weeks. People "say" they can really see a difference but I can't other than across my shoulders :mellow: Trying not to fixate on the #'s but it is really hard to not compare to others and feel discouraged. It's all good - just a learning process with a grumpy pouc :P h

I had my surgery on June 9th and have lost 36 pounds. It's nice to meet some members who are losing at about the same rate as me. I've seen several folks who say 50 to 60 and I was getting a little discouraged. So far so good for me. I've been following the rules pretty strictly because I'm a coward and hate to vomit. lol. My blood sugars are doing great now and I expect to be off all meds after my pcp visit next month. B/p and chol meds already gone. I chucked the protien shakes at about a month and went to bars with my docs permission. Still want to gag thinking about them. So good to hear how everyone's doing.

I had my surgery June 8th, and have lost 55 lbs since, went down from a 58 waist to a 50, and 4XL shirt to a 2XL. I have been taken off all of my diabetes meds, and BP meds, and feeling great, I walk 3.9 miles yesterday with no problem other than my feet was starting to hurt at about mile 3. Before I couldn't even walk through walmart, or the mall without my back and legs hurting.

As for eating, I am still not hungry at all, I have to remember to eat. I did however find out that bread is a no no for me, and that it makes me vomit.

EDIT**

Teresac, I think the rapid weight loss has something to do with how much over weight you were to begin with, I was at 395 for my consult, and 358 day of surgery, I have notice a tremendous slow down since I hit about 310, as a matter of fact, I was at 308 for about 2-3 weeks, I see my Dr on the 25th, and at my last appt he said I should be about 300 by then.

Edited by idblfanatic

I had my surgery June 8th, and have lost 55 lbs since, went down from a 58 waist to a 50, and 4XL shirt to a 2XL. I have been taken off all of my diabetes meds, and BP meds, and feeling great, I walk 3.9 miles yesterday with no problem other than my feet was starting to hurt at about mile 3. Before I couldn't even walk through walmart, or the mall without my back and legs hurting.

As for eating, I am still not hungry at all, I have to remember to eat. I did however find out that bread is a no no for me, and that it makes me vomit.

EDIT**

Teresac, I think the rapid weight loss has something to do with how much over weight you were to begin with, I was at 395 for my consult, and 358 day of surgery, I have notice a tremendous slow down since I hit about 310, as a matter of fact, I was at 308 for about 2-3 weeks, I see my Dr on the 25th, and at my last appt he said I should be about 300 by then.

Thanks Rick for letting me know that. I know we are all different, but I feel so slow compared to the others. Nice to see your doing so well.

I had surgery on June 21, 2011. I've lost 33 lb since June 7th. My NUT says I'm ahead on my weight loss; it seems slow to me but I'm taking her word for it :unsure: . I have more energy and my body is definitely shrinking. My hope is to be in Onederland by Oct. 1, 2011.

I'm finding that my body can't handle much fat (sour cream now makes me feel sooo yucky :( ). Even foods that don't seem to be fatty but have some fat no longer agree with me (except cheese - 2% fat actually taste good!). Sweet stuff is also a no no for me - taste awful (except my sugar free 80 calorie diabetic cookies and my sugar popsicles). I used to love nuts. I tried peanuts (roasted and boiled - OMG!!!! they knocked me out! :blink: ) peanut butter had the same effect).

I still like and can handle spicy foods :P . My bowel movements are better than they were before (odd right?) and I am eating fruit once again (I couldn't with the lap band). And as of yesterday, it's official - I NO LONGER HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!!!!!!! :D

My surgery was June 10th and as I don't weigh at home I am not sure the exact amount lost but it was right at 30 lbs last official weigh with the NUT last week. Still have a lot of issues with texture of meat and throw up more than I have my entire life combined I think in the last few weeks. People "say" they can really see a difference but I can't other than across my shoulders :mellow: Trying not to fixate on the #'s but it is really hard to not compare to others and feel discouraged. It's all good - just a learning process with a grumpy pouc :P h

Remember that is about percentages, not pounds. The expectation I have heard from most surgeons is 30% of your EXCESS weight at around 3 months, 45% at 6 months and 80% at one year. That will be a lot more for someone who starts out at 400 pounds vs someone who starts out at 280 pounds!

Personally I have only lost a pound each of the last two weeks. Hey, it is going in the right direction! I was feeling a bit light headed, so I upped my calories to a bit over 800 from 650 and that made no difference on the scale, but I am having BMs more regularly. I am 19 down since surgery on the 22nd, and that is still about 10 pounds a month, which is a really good benchmark.

Follow the rules, they say it works and I have to believe them because I didn't do this for nothing!!

-Marie

I am doing better over the last few weeks. I have lost 60 pounds since surgery and my surgery was on June 14th. Wow... I am so shocked at how much I've lost it almost seem surreal to me. Everyone is saying I'm starting to get a figure. Everyone says my upper body is super thin but my lower half is catching up. Don't get me wrong I have pants falling off me and I've lost a lot in my stomach but I still have a stomach. Plus I have lost 136 total so that is also include the addiitonal weight I lost prior to surgery which I do count by the way.

I am feeling good overall, working out 3 times a week. Doing good.

Surgery June 22 and I'm down 34lbs post op and a total of 47lbs since May. I am no longer a diabetic. No more shots! I have a ton more energy, sleep better (going for a sleep study soon to see if I still need my Cpap) and I am not hungry. I need to focus on protein for sure so I'm upping that starting tomorrow. I have my 8 week follow up w/ my surgeon on Tuesday. I struggle with chicken and eggs and some protein shakes. The only complication has been my main incision site sprang a leak and I had to pack it and take antibiotics for a week. It healed nicely. I have not vomited at all so I'm thankful for that! I read where a lot of people vomit and that's no fun! I'm enjoying crossing my legs, turning my head further to check blind spots when I drive and a slimmer face. I thought it would cause an issue as far as cooking with my husband but we've cooked more together now then ever! Saving money by not going "out to eat" all the time and we have actually grown closer if that's possible! (married 14 years in Nov) It's been an awesome ride so far! Looking forward to reaching my goal weight!!