Sign in to follow this  
Twiggy

Sigh

Will we ever truly conquor the carb monster. . . :blink:

It's hard but for me, it's easier to avoid them altogether.

Sounds radical but I don't eat any breads, pastas, crackers, rice etc. etc. etc. I know there are good carbs and bad carbs but my brain doesn't understand the difference - it just wants carbs and the more it has, the more it wants.

I still eat beans, quinoa and edamame - all have carbs and I have to limit them but they're also a good source of protein (I don't eat meat).

Twiggy - you thought about doing the 5-day Pouch Test? That can really be helpful in detoxing from carbs: 5 day pouch test detox from carbs

I hear you cinwa - I was carb free for over a year post op - now I'm out of controll and struggling to get back on track - I have read the 5 day pouch test but the idea of a liquid day is daunting.

I'm being whiney I know - I have to just get my act together and get back on track - it's just so difficult. I had hoped I would be one of the lucky few who would feel ill at eating anything 'forbidden' but I can really eat ANYTHING!

The liquid part is only 2 days - even if you could just do 1 day it would help.

Got to be worth a shot and you won't know until you try.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize

..how close they were to success when they gave up".

~*♥*~ Thomas Edison ~*♥*~

I have been close to goal for almost a year - now I am going in the wrong direction - OK - you've convinced me - going to shop for everything I need tomorrow - starting the 5 day pouch test on Thursday! It's time to get back on track.

Thanks for the encouragement.

XXXX