I've read all the wonderful success stories, and with me just being 10 days after surgery, I find them very encouraging. But I wonder if anyone has ever regretted having their surgery? Perhaps you had really bad complications or some other reason that has made you regret having it? Just curious...

Annette

No regrets, not even for a moment. Sorry, I'm really happy with my sleeve. :)

There are a few dozen on this forum that regret the surgery....you'll have to do a search for them.

Mild regrets. I know that the sleeve is a great thing for me and I'm looking forward to moving past this, but I had to stay an additional night in the hospital, have had pain and an inability to eat, I've had a hard time getting the protein in. Today was really bad. I know that this surgery has brought changes to my life that I couldn't have brought on my own, but I have moments where I am absolutely miserable. I was doing much better getting water and vitamins in before the surgery. Now, I'm missing a great deal of vitamins and water and, of course, protein intake. I wonder at the negative things that will rise from this later. Today, I couldn't really eat anything. I focused on the water, but still haven't gotten even 32 ounces in, not to mention the 64 I'm supposed to. Only managed about 35 grams of protein out of the 90 something I'm supposed to have. Yup. So, yes, mild regrets but I don't expect them to last. I'm 9 days out of my surgery.

I'm 5 days out and have no regrets. The pain was worse than I anticipated, but I have been able to get the fluids and protein in as long as I stick to it all day long. It is definitely a full time job right now. The toughest part for me is not seeing the scale move. I gained so much from IV fluids, but it is not going down fast enough to appease me. It's tough knowing that I'd be 10lbs less if I DIDNT have the surgery, but I really have no regrets. I know I'll be a normal weight in 6 months, without too much effort, and that I'll never regain and be obese again. That is a good feeling.

Having said that, I will say that I made my peace with food a while back. I now only look at it as fuel to live. I may feel differently if I hadn't tackled those demons before I had the surgery.

The toughest part for me right now is watching my body waste away. I cant exercise and I feel bad (obsess rather) about the loose skin and the jiggle that is happening all over. I have an obsessive need to tone and I can't. I know I will feel better when I am more in control again and can exercise and eat what I want and not what I have to. I am at the mercy of the sleeve right now. This si the toughest part, hands down.

No regrets. At. All.

My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. It has been one of the best things that I have ever done. It is definitely not easy, but so worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

no not regretful.... i was sleeved 8 days ago... and so far so good i have lost 13lbs since surgery- as of yesterday ... i'm on liquids but 2 more days until full liquids .... making the most of it ... no turning back now ...

check this out it might help with your questions.

Have you tried Isopure. You can intake 40 grams of protein in one bottle of Isopure. You can purchase it at GNC stores. I think trying to stay positive is essential. I would recommend some meditation. There is a site based in Fresno where I am from if you look up Mindful Meditation in Fresno with Lori Granger. Look at the meditation samples. I think they are great. I can't recall the exact website and if you can't locate it email me and I will find it for you.

Mild regrets. I know that the sleeve is a great thing for me and I'm looking forward to moving past this, but I had to stay an additional night in the hospital, have had pain and an inability to eat, I've had a hard time getting the protein in. Today was really bad. I know that this surgery has brought changes to my life that I couldn't have brought on my own, but I have moments where I am absolutely miserable. I was doing much better getting water and vitamins in before the surgery. Now, I'm missing a great deal of vitamins and water and, of course, protein intake. I wonder at the negative things that will rise from this later. Today, I couldn't really eat anything. I focused on the water, but still haven't gotten even 32 ounces in, not to mention the 64 I'm supposed to. Only managed about 35 grams of protein out of the 90 something I'm supposed to have. Yup. So, yes, mild regrets but I don't expect them to last. I'm 9 days out of my surgery.