Time4MeNow

6 Week Visit

Well I am a June sleever and had my 6 week post op with my surgeon and nutritionist.

I am down 35 since the month prior to surgery, 26 since surgery. They noted that in general people loose 30% of excess body fat in the first 3 months, 45-50% by 6 months and 80% by the first year. Since my excess weight loss is predicted at 100 pounds, that means that I am doing really well at 26# or 26% in 6 weeks (I like the easy math), 4 more pounds to meet that 3 month goal.

She said my diet looked high in protein, good there, but asked if I was constipated and said getting some beans, and veggies in would help that a lot. She also noted that I need to start adding calcium citrate to my diet three times a day 500mg each time (as that is all the body can absorb at once) to keep my bones strong. That will be a rest of my life addition.

Surgeon said I can start exercising, and just stop if something hurts, so I am good to go there as well.

So good appointment overall and I am happy with the progress.

Marie

Congrats, Marie! Thats great! We all need validation for what we're doing don't we? Great job!

Deb

Great news! You are doing so well! :D