Sign in to follow this  
liana

Pre-Op Diet?

Tomorrow starts the first day of the rest of my life. From the moment I wake up, until the moment I go into surgery, everything I consume will be something I cannot take back. I am so ready for this. Except....I haven't bought any shakes yet. Can you believe it? I guess I'll be shopping tonight.

My prescribed diet is called the "4+1 Modified liquid diet". That means 4 shakes and one lean meal.

I have my final doctor and NUT appts. tomorrow morning at the weight loss center, so I can purchase the HMR 70+ shakes there, if I HAVE to. The HMR nutrition label doesn't show any nutrients. Just protein and calcium.

I would like to find a good shake, with protein, fiber, calcium and a few vitamins, without stimulants. Does anyone know of any good ones?

Tomorrow starts the first day of the rest of my life. From the moment I wake up, until the moment I go into surgery, everything I consume will be something I cannot take back. I am so ready for this. Except....I haven't bought any shakes yet. Can you believe it? I guess I'll be shopping tonight.

My prescribed diet is called the "4+1 Modified liquid diet". That means 4 shakes and one lean meal.

I have my final doctor and NUT appts. tomorrow morning at the weight loss center, so I can purchase the HMR 70+ shakes there, if I HAVE to. The HMR nutrition label doesn't show any nutrients. Just protein and calcium.

I would like to find a good shake, with protein, fiber, calcium and a few vitamins, without stimulants. Does anyone know of any good ones?

I used the isopure in the big 3 lb tub. It's kind of expensive, if you're going to use 4 a day, but it has a lot of vitamins in it and everything. I liked it. Got it at the Vitamin Shoppe. (in Chocolate)

My surgery is next Fri (eek!!) and I only have samples sent to me from a gf who uses them.. I bought the chewable vitamins today.. that's a start

I haven't tried anything yet b/c my pre-op diet was Slim-Fast. I have a bunch of Nectar samples which someone recommend and have heard good things about Optimal Nutrition shakes. Good luck!