Bad News. I Lost Weight.

mcnerd

Weighed myself yesterday for the first time in a week -- I get tired of weighing myself and seeing no change -- and I'm down about 4 lbs. Figured it was a fluke so I waited and weighed myself again today and I'm still down, so I guess that is my new weight now.

So much for going for the world record length for a stall. :)

I also changed Primary Physicians this week, but it won't be official until the first of the month. The last straw was asking for a copy of my last Lab Results -- they just file them away and never say anything -- and for a new Lab Request that my surgeon wanted before my next appointment. Simple requests, but a week later and 2 personal visits to the office have not resulted in anything except a runaround and lying by the staff. Enough is enough so I notified my health provider and a new physician was assigned to me. I so love HMO's.

You can try to contact the lab for a copy of the report. I always ask when getting bloodwork done and they mail me a copy at the same time as my primary.

Glad your stall is over! I hate them too!

Lisa

Wow Mc N,

How odd that you live in CA and I live in MI and we share the same Dr.'s office. :P

Just kidding of course, but I understand your dilemma. Too many times in the last few months (and all the way up to this past week) has my scenario has gone like...

Bariatric Office: We need your cardiac clearance.

Me: My Dr.'s office hasn't faxed it over yet?

Bariatric Office: Nope.

Me: Okay, I'll call them again. (calls Dr.'s office)

Dr.'s Office: Hello, semi-incompetent receptionist speaking, how can I help you?

Me: Hi, this is me again. The B.O. still needs my cardiac clearance.

D.O: I faxed it over. Twice.

Me: Okay, thanks. (calls B.O. back) Hello, my Dr.'s office said they faxed it. Twice.

B.O: Okay let me double check your chart. (pause) No they didn't.

Me: :angry: Okay, I'll call them back.

You get the drift. So finally, I end up calling my Dr.'s office and politely as I can tell them. Look, I'm already in Pre-Op diet mode, and I'm not about to have my surgery date changed because someone-somewhere is not doing something. Get my paper work ready and I will take it out to the surgeons office myself. Which is exactly what I did.

Now, I totally love my PCP. She is the most awesome Dr. on the planet to me. But her office staff???? They are nincompoops.

So, In the future, I'm just going to act as my own courier and when my PCP sends me those nice little "how are we doing" surveys, I'm throwing her office staff under the bus. :lol:

But, the most important thing is that your scale has starting moving for you again and when my time comes that my scale stops, I know who to talk to for support. :)

You're the first person I had contact with here at TT, so like it or not I have adopted you as my big brother.

M~

Glad to see the scale is finally moving for you! grats!!

So glad your stall is over I know they can be tough. You have showed such patients though this whole process you will be a great catch for some woman out there. We so love a man with patients. lol

Yay! So glad the scale is moving for you !!! I have Kaiser insurance and all our lab results show up online in real-time, so we can not only see it, but compare with any other results previous. We can chart them and print them if we want, too. They have us watched so closely, that they constantly call to make sure we have our blood drawn on time and have out follow up appts. They are so good with their preventive health dept., that I feel like there is no way I can fail! I love it!! You need to talk to your surgeon's office about the preventive health dept. and what they can do for you. Good luck!

yep!! you suffered through it and have come out the other end, successfully! Congrats!

Sorry about the pain in the butt system. I bet things will get better with a new team!

But, how great to see the scale move!

Doing the happy weight loss dance for you! Woo Hoo!

i am happy for you! i was getting frustrated for you even though you were so posiitve and an inspiration to everyone else with your attitude and willingness to share :) time for the scale to start rewarding you

It's about time! So happy for you! I know you posted this a few days ago, but wanted to congratulate you better late than never :)