Sign in to follow this  
weekday82

Dumped For The First Time

So I am 4 weeks out, and I didn't eat anything new. But my body didn't like it. I am avoiding the 2 foods I had today. My stomach has been too upset to even take meds. Ugh, not a great feeling. My stomach is staying upset. Amazing at how little I threw up. Waves of nausea and weakness and light-headedness and cold sweats. Just when I think it may be over, I get another wave. I have little hunger to begin with and have to force myself to eat anything. I now officially hate doing the thing that got me here. Eat.

I also dumped for the first time this weekend and I am 14 months out. I went to the beach and was hot coming home and the hubby wanted to stop and get a strawberry milk shake from andys to share. I do not like sweets since surgery and do not eat them at all. I decided to have a bite and ended up eating about 7 small bites because it was cold it felt so good going down. Well 10 minutes later I felt sick as a dog and got a slight headache and then had stomache cramps for 2 hours. I had to ride back all the way from the beach another 1 1/2 sick as a dog. I have learned my lesson. I do not like sweets and thank god for it since I don't think they like me either.

Edited by goingtobethinin2010

I'm not sure, but I think I may have had a dumping syndrome moment. I had not had a bowel movement in a few days, and then two days ago I had diarrhea to beat the band. I mean like I was gong and going and going. I didn't happen immediately after eating anything so I'm not sure if I was dumping or if that's what I can expect in a bowel movement (I hope not!). I didn't get cold sweats or horrible pain, I never feel good after eating, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Hmmm, I guess I'll just have to wait until it happens again to know what's up.

Edited by enjoylife

I'm not sure, but I think I may have had a dumping syndrome moment. I had not had a bowel movement in a few days, and then two days ago I had diarrhea to beat the band. I mean like I was gong and going and going. I didn't happen immediately after eating anything so I'm not sure if I was dumping or if that's what I can expect in a bowel movement (I hope not!). I didn't get cold sweats or horrible pain, I never feel good after eating, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Hmmm, I guess I'll just have to wait until it happens again to know what's up.

Sounds like the other side of dumping. I read on here that some people take up to 2 hours after eating to dump, and since things have to slide down the intestines, that may have been your case. Both ways are not fun. After the diarrhea, I don't usually get the shakes, but The Pouch hurt for awhile afterward, for me.

Edited by weekday82