Sign in to follow this  
weekday82

Bunch Of Questions

How has the first days, weeks, month been for you? I still don't know if this was worth it. I haven't had a large amount of people if I lost weight, and it doesn't seem like much, and I don't see it for sure. I am craving so many of the foods I shouldn't eat again. I have been good sticking to the diet and not swaying. That is if I am hungry at all. I was able to order the Nectar to see if I can tolerate the lemonade protein drink. I thought I found one I liked, but I got tired of it. Fast. I knew I didn't like grape. :( It's been a rough trip.

What has everyone named their pouch? I am having a hard time. I want to say it's a girl, but it feels like a boy. Maybe it is just an it and I should give it a generic name. I am not sure....

I call my pouch..." Her", as in, Her's hungry..."her's" hurting, you got it! I understtand bout cravings ,having them myself.

I'm also craving food and have a lot of head hunger. I've lost 25 pounds, but really can't tell. I haven't had any problems eating or drinking, so I can't complain about that. I feel like I could eat more then my allowed 1/3 of a cup at a meal. It's been hard, but I still haven't truly regretted it yet.

I haven't named my pouch yet.

My daughter named my pouch Penny. I have hardly any cravings and I get full really fast. I'm down 14 lbs since June 7th. I had a 2 wk stall at the 2nd wk postop. I went from a size 20 to a 16 bottom and 2xl tops to xl, some large. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Went to Salvation Army today (Wednesday) because it's 50% off day. $34 later and lots of shirts and a couple of shorts.

I finally named my pouch and it is Finicky, though I have to be G-rated for the rest. I can be fine with one food one day and the nest I am puking my guts out.

Edited by weekday82

I don't call my pouch anything. It's just my stomach; it's trying to take over my life, so I refuse to give it anymore power by giving it a name. I've only hurled once, thank God. It was canned salmon that did it. I was shocked to say the least. I've eaten that salad lots of times. I figured it would be perfect: protein, low fat, healthy, soft, etc... HA! Three tiny bites and was racing to the bathroom. I lost 17 lbs during the pre-op diet, and only six pounds since my DOS. what the heck is that all about? I've been told that I can expect a mad drop soon. I hope so. Other than that I can't really complain. I don't get hungry. I don't enjoy most of the things I used to enjoy. When I eat, I'm concentrating more on chewing and taking tiny bites than taste.

I've been gong for walks and really do want to start a weight routine, but I know I need to wait for my surgeon's approval. I haven't taken my BP meds since the DOS. My pressure was really low after surgery so I was told to hold off unless it raises.

Everything I eat makes me tired. REALLY TIRED! I over ate once. That won't happen again. I felt like I was going to burst (and not in a sexy way). So that's where I am. ... who stalls right after their DOS?...smh

For me, it has been very tough. I knew it would be, but unfortunately I was not prepared for this. I anticipated having a hard time not being able to eat prefered foods, but actually that has not bothered me in the least. Instead, I mostly feel like I have the flu - nothing looks very appetizing, many things make up gaggy, and I am tired all the time.

Today, I went swimming and thought the one item of clothing that is most affected by my modest amount of weight loss (36 lbs.) is my bathing suit...It felt great being able to swim laps in the summer sun. I wish I could go every day.

I don't see my new stomach as separate from me...no pouch name...I haven't thrown up, although I could see where it might be useful. I ate some chicken tonight and appraently did not chew enough! The chew-chew-chew still feels ackward to me and like it would be hard in social situations. At my book group earlier, I didn't eat anything (but there were things I could eat) because I was anxious about the chewing.

Kristi

I call my pouch..." Her", as in, Her's hungry..."her's" hurting, you got it! I understtand bout cravings ,having them myself.

That's funny! I can't wait until we meet and gripe about Her and Finnicky B!

I'm also craving food and have a lot of head hunger. I've lost 25 pounds, but really can't tell. I haven't had any problems eating or drinking, so I can't complain about that. I feel like I could eat more then my allowed 1/3 of a cup at a meal. It's been hard, but I still haven't truly regretted it yet.

Until I saw my therapist, I couldn't tell either. She put it ina light that I could understand for sure. Now I am starting to see a little bit of weight loss, but nothing extreme like some of you guys who had surgery later and already lost more than me!

My daughter named my pouch Penny. I have hardly any cravings and I get full really fast. I'm down 14 lbs since June 7th. I had a 2 wk stall at the 2nd wk postop. I went from a size 20 to a 16 bottom and 2xl tops to xl, some large. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Went to Salvation Army today (Wednesday) because it's 50% off day. $34 later and lots of shirts and a couple of shorts.

I went from a 20 to 16 as well now! I really need to hit up the Goodwill by my house! I love getting a bunch of clothes for little cost!

I don't call my pouch anything. It's just my stomach; it's trying to take over my life, so I refuse to give it anymore power by giving it a name. I've only hurled once, thank God. It was canned salmon that did it. I was shocked to say the least. I've eaten that salad lots of times. I figured it would be perfect: protein, low fat, healthy, soft, etc... HA! Three tiny bites and was racing to the bathroom. I lost 17 lbs during the pre-op diet, and only six pounds since my DOS. what the heck is that all about? I've been told that I can expect a mad drop soon. I hope so. Other than that I can't really complain. I don't get hungry. I don't enjoy most of the things I used to enjoy. When I eat, I'm concentrating more on chewing and taking tiny bites than taste.

I've been gong for walks and really do want to start a weight routine, but I know I need to wait for my surgeon's approval. I haven't taken my BP meds since the DOS. My pressure was really low after surgery so I was told to hold off unless it raises.

Everything I eat makes me tired. REALLY TIRED! I over ate once. That won't happen again. I felt like I was going to burst (and not in a sexy way). So that's where I am. ... who stalls right after their DOS?...smh

I can say that it got better for me. Seriously, my therapist is a miracle worker. It sounds like you are doing all the right things though. I am anxious to start weight training as well.

For me, it has been very tough. I knew it would be, but unfortunately I was not prepared for this. I anticipated having a hard time not being able to eat prefered foods, but actually that has not bothered me in the least. Instead, I mostly feel like I have the flu - nothing looks very appetizing, many things make up gaggy, and I am tired all the time.

Today, I went swimming and thought the one item of clothing that is most affected by my modest amount of weight loss (36 lbs.) is my bathing suit...It felt great being able to swim laps in the summer sun. I wish I could go every day.

I don't see my new stomach as separate from me...no pouch name...I haven't thrown up, although I could see where it might be useful. I ate some chicken tonight and appraently did not chew enough! The chew-chew-chew still feels ackward to me and like it would be hard in social situations. At my book group earlier, I didn't eat anything (but there were things I could eat) because I was anxious about the chewing.

Kristi

I would try not to feel too self-conscious about the chewing. It is a pain in the butt, but I bet now that you had problems with not chewing enough, you will be more likely to chew your food better! I am a hard learner like that as well!

I don't regret the decision to have surgery but haven't reached any place of great reward yet either. I had lost 22 lbs from day of surgery at my last check-up (refuse to weigh any other time) I breezed through surgery, thought I was doing really well other than finding it quite a challenge to get in fluids, which is STILL a battle, did ok with the liquids and beginning puree then started constant nausea at 3rd week which resulted in a scope revealing an ulcer on my connection. Don't even typically call stomach "pouch"...it doesn't "feel" any different than before?

I don't feel hunger, dont feel thirst, don't feel full....but apparently have gone one bite too many a couple of times or not chewed well enough and got a refund of what I ate - sometimes immediately and one time multiple refunds that went on for hours but at least it relieved the pain and stuck feeling when it was all done!

I haven't seen nearly that drastic a difference in clothing but yep, that is how I am guaging that i in fact have lost some weight.

Hey all! I don't regret the surgery at all. There are times when I actually wonder if they actually did anything except take my hunger away. :). I am almost 3 weeks out and on pureed foods. Seems weird to eat so little at times.

I went back to work in the office this week and that's been okay. I just hit the proverbial wall after about 2 or so and am not able to work nearly as many hours as before the surgery. I am hoping that as I progress that my energy level will increase.

To date I've lost just a little over 20 pounds and went from a size 22 to my "loose" 20's. My "skinny" 20's are waiting on the shelf.

So far, so good! I am traveling to Denver next week, and just ordered some Nectar packets to take with me.

Gosh, I can hardly get a 1/4 cup in at a meal, maybe 4 oz of yogurt is about it at a time. I am not getting in more than 600 calories a day and am feeling a bit weak. I am afraid this is all I will be able to eat forever and it is making me almost regret the surgery.

I have lost 11 pounds since surgery 4 weeks ago, and I am pretty happy with that.

I think its all about the texture of the food s to what my grumpy pouch will allow....any attempt at meat - other than shrimp..thanks Milton - I get huge complaints after 2 bites so I just resigned myself to give grupy more time and just stay the course with foods that it likes :P