Sign in to follow this  
Another_Me

Liquid diet starts tomorrow

Here I go! Pre-op diet starts tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous. I'm prepped and ready to go. Hubby and I had a WONDERFUL dinner tonight (our daughter insisted on grilled cheese though LOL) He is doing the liquid diet with me (I did it with him last year before his lap band surgery). I hope I don't lose my mind!

Good luck! It gets a little easier - at least it did for me. I'm on Week 3 of liquids - one pre-op and now post-op - and I'll have to admit it's getting really hard to watch my family eating real food while I can do nothing but sip!

I start my 2 day clear liquid diet tomorrow in prep for surgery on Thursday. I don't envy those of you that have to do extended liquid diets. I don't know what I would do! I know I have to do liquiid diet for two weeks after surgery, but I am guessing I won't be up to eating anyways. :)

I'm at the end of day 2 of the liquid diet. Day 1 was tough. Today was much better. I made a delicious broth tonight - perhaps I'm just deprived but it was REALLY good! I expect tomorrow to be a little easier. My pre-op is on Thursday and surgery is next Thursday. 2 days down ... 8 more to go!