what fast foods do you eat?

Taco Bell's refried beans are made with lard. The only kind of refried beans I can eat are fat free from a can. Otherwise, Im barfin'.

The only "fast food" Ive eaten is Boston Market, and I had some chicken. I cant eat McDonalds or Burger King or any of that... its SO disgustingly salty, greasy, franken-food gross. It's not 'real' food, and ever since surgery...I only eat real food. Organic, non-processed, no added salt, fat, sugar...anything else tastes like crap.

I cook my own food 99% of the time...when I do eat out, I go with baked or broiled fish. Even a bar burger is better for you than McDonalds! Most of the time, bar burgers are hand pressed, with no additives. Just beef. I'll eat one of those with no bun! (or a half of one actually)

When I worked at taco bell the beans came in a bag that looked like rabbit food and you put them in a pot of hot water and let them sit for 30 minutes. Pretty sure there was no lard in them, but I could be wrong.

If you go to taco bell I usually will ask for a specific taco but ask if they can put it in a bowl rather than any form of shell. They give you a look, but to me it is much less tempting to try taking a bite of anything Im not supposed to have.

Taco Bell's refried beans are made with lard. The only kind of refried beans I can eat are fat free from a can. Otherwise, Im barfin'.

The only "fast food" Ive eaten is Boston Market, and I had some chicken. I cant eat McDonalds or Burger King or any of that... its SO disgustingly salty, greasy, franken-food gross. It's not 'real' food, and ever since surgery...I only eat real food. Organic, non-processed, no added salt, fat, sugar...anything else tastes like crap.

I cook my own food 99% of the time...when I do eat out, I go with baked or broiled fish. Even a bar burger is better for you than McDonalds! Most of the time, bar burgers are hand pressed, with no additives. Just beef. I'll eat one of those with no bun! (or a half of one actually)

That is so awesome that you eat the way you do!! I also try to do the same. I hate when I see or hear about fast food "options" as that food is absolutly disgusting. There is a reason it is all so cheap and it's not because they are trying to be nice!!

I know most FF places will give you a plain burger patty with no bun or toppings. That shouldn't be that bad, right?

I know most FF places will give you a plain burger patty with no bun or toppings. That shouldn't be that bad, right?

I don't think so -- that's what I am essentially doing when I eat a FF burger. Though I like it with "cheese" and mustard and ketchup and LOADS of extra pickles. I eat very healthy about 95% of the time, so a crappy burger every now and then doesn't faze me at all. (I also only have one FF trigger and it's Taco Bell, which I have no access to :P )

• 3 years later...

Alot of fast food burgers are really greasy and full of fat. McDonald's actually lets their burgers sit in the fat until they make the burger and sell it. I would just avoid all fast food and prepare yourself with a lunch box from home. When you go to restaurants, especially fast food, you have no idea what they're putting in the food. You could ask a million questions about a dish at a restaurant and still end up eating something you shouldn't. Dont take this the wrong way, you can treat yourself. I personally would rather go to the store and buy my treat and cook it at home. Then, at least i know how it was cooked and what was put in it. Thats just me though. I've worked so hard to be able to get this amazing tool and im to scared to put anything that i don't feel great about inside my pouch. I've been tempted several times to just go to a drive thru, get a quick meal and not have to worry about cooking. At the last second i forced my hands to make a right turn home instead of heading straight toward wendys. To each their own. Best wishes.

I gained most of my weight in a years time. One of my aunts saw me after gaining 100 lbs. This aunt, who was always health conscious was horrified when she saw me after gaining all that weight. She looked like she was going to cry!

She asked me in a sad voice "What happened to you? Have you been eating fast food?" LOL! It had not occurred to me that that is exactly what had changed drastically in my diet.

When I am dieting, I go for either a bun-less Chik-fila chicken or a bun-less Wendy's cheesebuger with lettuce, tomato & ketsup. Funny thing is when I am dieting the smell of fried food makes me nauseous most of the time!

I have given up beef for years before and I am hoping I can give it and fast food up for good after my surgery!

Well, if you're lucky enough to be near a Bojangles, you can get the roasted chicken bites (I can only eat about 1/2 of them...it's a large serving) and an individual Cajun Pintos.  The chicken has 280 cal with 36 gr of protein (if you can eat it all...which I bet you can't).  The pintos have 110 cal. with 7gr of protein.

I love to order this and then have the leftovers for lunch the next day!

Wendy's chili as a treat and the filling out of taco or burrito.

I scrape the toppings off pizza and toss the crust.

Edited by Spunkycat

Wendy's chili, Chlck-fil-a kids meal with grilled chicken nuggets and fruit cup, KFC grilled drumstick kid's meal with green beans, McDonald's yogurt parfait

This is really confusing for me. My nut said no hamburger meat, and only fat free cheese. No salami, pepperoni, hot dogs, bacon, etc.. Wendy's chili has hamburger meat in it. Wendy's chili is also a favorite of many members on this forum. I've also seen several posts about eating pizza toppings and avoiding the crust. Is this like a once in awhile treat or a meal on a weekly basis. My nut said vegetarian chili is okay but hamburger meat is a poor choice that can lead to weight gain. What do you all think?

Edited by ElizabethLynn

My nutritionist recommended ground beef (at least 80/20 or lower fat if possible) because it is ground and easier to digest early on than something like chicken or regular beef. 

RECOMMENDED                                   AVOID 

table.jpg

You should reintroduce meats in the following order:

(1) flaky fish & seafood,

(2) soft cooked eggs

(3) ground tender cooked beef

(4) pork and poultry

Edited by NotGoingThere

I like the Jack in the Box chicken fajita pita. I just eat the insides. I also do the same with Taco Bell chicken taco.

This is really confusing for me. My nut said no hamburger meat, and only fat free cheese. No salami, pepperoni, hot dogs, bacon, etc.. Wendy's chili has hamburger meat in it. Wendy's chili is also a favorite of many members on this forum. I've also seen several posts about eating pizza toppings and avoiding the crust. Is this like a once in awhile treat or a meal on a weekly basis. My nut said vegetarian chili is okay but hamburger meat is a poor choice that can lead to weight gain. What do you all think?

I eat ground beef in different formats several times a week. I'm not quite sure what the reasoning is behind what your NUT said but I don't understand how ground beef in itself leads to weight gain. My sleeve only holds a few ounces of dense protein at a time so the amount of ground beef I eat at any one time is limited. Pizza is a rare treat with toppings only, no crust.

What NotGoingThere posted is what we are basically told to follow early on. Just told to stick with low-fat hamburger. I am not anywhere close to solid foods, but I will have to remember that Bojangles has something to eat, too, that will last a couple of days!

I did not touch any FF during my weight loss phase. No way would i dare go near it! Even when i read many others enjoyed Wendy's chili. I made my own chili and other foods. Once i reached maintenance FF was given a shot. My first FF item was grilled chicken nuggets and a fresh fruit cup at Chick Fil A. I dipped the nuggets in hot sauce and it was pretty good. Tried a Whopper Jr and it was GROSS. I use to love a double whopper before RNY, so yep taste sure changes. I have tried taco bell and it is ok. Not the WOW FACTOR it had on me before wls either. Plus i hated the sour cream used. I prefer plain greek yogurt over sour cream hands down now. I'm just happy that i can go without wanting FF the rest of my life now. Before i enjoyed all that crap and it's a blessing to now not even care about it. 

My nutritionist recommended ground beef (at least 80/20 or lower fat if possible) because it is ground and easier to digest early on than something like chicken or regular beef. 

RECOMMENDED                                   AVOID 

table.jpg

You should reintroduce meats in the following order:

(1) flaky fish & seafood,

(2) soft cooked eggs

(3) ground tender cooked beef

(4) pork and poultry

Thank you for posting this. It's very helpful.

I eat ground beef in different formats several times a week. I'm not quite sure what the reasoning is behind what your NUT said but I don't understand how ground beef in itself leads to weight gain. My sleeve only holds a few ounces of dense protein at a time so the amount of ground beef I eat at any one time is limited. Pizza is a rare treat with toppings only, no crust.

Thanks for replying, i will try some lean ground beef and see how it sits in my pouch. They gave me a book before surgery and it has ground beef under poor.choices. I guess every nut has different rules.

I did not touch any FF during my weight loss phase. No way would i dare go near it! Even when i read many others enjoyed Wendy's chili. I made my own chili and other foods. Once i reached maintenance FF was given a shot. My first FF item was grilled chicken nuggets and a fresh fruit cup at Chick Fil A. I dipped the nuggets in hot sauce and it was pretty good. Tried a Whopper Jr and it was GROSS. I use to love a double whopper before RNY, so yep taste sure changes. I have tried taco bell and it is ok. Not the WOW FACTOR it had on me before wls either. Plus i hated the sour cream used. I prefer plain greek yogurt over sour cream hands down now. I'm just happy that i can go without wanting FF the rest of my life now. Before i enjoyed all that crap and it's a blessing to now not even care about it.

I think ff would be a trigger for me. Before i decided to have weight loss surgery. I went through a point in my life where i ate ff daily. I am definitely going to avoid any ff restaurants. Thanks for sharing.

I think ff would be a trigger for me. Before i decided to have weight loss surgery. I went through a point in my life where i ate ff daily. I am definitely going to avoid any ff restaurants. Thanks for sharing.

I love meatballs ( made with ground beef) with a little marinara sauce and some shredded mozzarella on the top. Yum.

Can't eat many but they are good.

I like the half chicken salads from Wendy's but I can only eat half of that at best, or chili from Wendy's or salad or grilled nuggets from Chick-fil-A.