what fast foods do you eat?

I sometimes go to taco bell and get the pintos and cheese or a crunchy taco no lettuce

After last years regain- I have learned that there is nothing worth regaining for... so the only "fast food" I will even consider is wendy's chili and the innards of a subway deli sandwich- and I pick a turkey & cheese with veggies, and because the lettuce and spinach are so small, what I do is open the deli meat, wrap the cheese and veggies into it. If I'm really hungry I'll pay the fee for 'double meat'.. The only thing I get at McDonalds is a unsweetened iced tea.

Don't go to any other FF places. After all this time and trial and error, I have found it much better to be prepared for anything so I don't need to even 'go there'.. literally and figuratively. We're heading out tomorrow for some errands which entail a drive over the mountain to Burlington and money is tight.. in the 'old days'.. grabbing a lunch at a FF would be necessary and I wouldn't think twice. Now,"running out" for errands means I plan. For me, it's the only way. Even a Wendy's chili or subway sandwich is planned for in advance.

Boy, I don't want to even think about stepping in a fast food restaurant. They were my weakness. In and Out especially. I would rather not have a hamburger than have it without the bun, so I'll skip it altogether.

Boy, I don't want to even think about stepping in a fast food restaurant. They were my weakness. In and Out especially. I would rather not have a hamburger than have it without the bun, so I'll skip it altogether.

Yeah, that is part of my issue as well. Like the chips someone posted in another thread, that were "WLS friendly"... maybe for some, but I know- not for me. I avoid my old triggers whenever possible. FF is a major trigger. I know this is sad and maybe a tiny bit pathetic but I love the smell of McDonalds burgers. My son is a manager there so we do occasionally stop in there... and I would loveeeeeeeeeee a quarter pounder with cheese and some french fries. And my pouch doesn't really give a flip what I put into it so I "could" eat that without an issue. But the triggers, once I start, I crave it more. But why does FF smell so gooooooooooooood? lol.

If I've got any trigger foods, it's fast food. I LIVED on the stuff pre-op. I have had a few of the "better" options in the last month or so, but I really do try to avoid it all together.

Fast food is EVIL.

I'm 5 months post op and I was wondering if any of you guys eat fast food and if so what?

I do. Mayble like once a week.

I try to go for something not too calorific and usually choose chicken so at leat Im getting some protein in. If Im somewhere like Burger King, ill get a chicken burger and eat the meat, leave the bun, fries and drink. Today I was in a pizza place so my only option was pizza, I just ate the cheese and pepperoni toppings off two slices and had a water.

Fast food is not advisable early out, or at any stage really, but if it has to be done just try make the healthiest choice I guess. You can look up menus and calories online so you can make an informed decision.

I walked by a McDonald's today. The doors opened and the most horrid smell of lard and oil exited the building hitting me in the face. Needless to say, I will never step foot in there ever again.

Well I tried the pintos and cheese from taco bell and it really wasn't that good to me...tasted greasy..I also tried a hashbrown from mcdonalds and it left my mouth feeling like a oil slick...The only thing I eat out anymore is a baked potato from Wendy's. It really hits the spot for me....

I will sometimes get a chicken and cheese hard shell taco from taco bell or a kids chicken strip from zackysbees or a chciken strip from hardees like maybe once a week. I can only eat 1 chicken strip at a time so I am not getting to many calories I take the others home or just throw them out. I can not eat sald yet and am a little over 1 year out so I can not choose that option if I have to eat out so i try to go with high protein. I do not have any weakness for fast food like the other poster said it smells like a greese pit in most of them so I go through the drive though only.

Well today I went to the mall with my parents and I ended up getting a grilled chicken snack wrap from Mickey D's. Not the best choice I know, but it was the healthiest and cheapest option available. I took off most of the wrap, just enough to keep it all together and just ate the chicken and lettuce that was inside.

The only fast food that I have a hard time to resist is Taco Bell...and the nearest one is thousands of miles away. Even I won't buy a plane ticket just to overeat crappy 'Mexican' food. :lol:

The only fast food I have nearby is McDonald's (which has never been a favorite) and Burger King (only slightly better), mostly because I've never been a huge fan of hamburgers in general. My husband likes to get a burger from time to time, it only ends up being like once every other month. I can eat a regular BK cheeseburger if I take off the top bun, eat a few bites, then ditch the bottom bun and finish up the meat. Not my favorite thing, but it works every now and then, especially with tons of extra pickles on. I have also eaten bites from a McDonald's Cheeseburger Royal, but it didn't sit as well for whatever reason, think it was the raw onion.

I have always loved Wendy's Chili and not loved their burgers, so I would probably be eating that pretty often if I were near a Wendy's.

My parents have both had gbs as well as myself. I am only 10 days out and not even to the full liquid stage yet. But my parents can only tolerate burgers from wendys or BK because they dont sit right in the grease as they cook like mcdonalds do.

It could be that along with the onions, swizzly.

Im still struggling with not being able to eat lol

I travel alot so sometimes I will have to eat at fast food rest. all I have had so far is Wendy's chili in the blender (about 1/2 c) but I ahve been looking online at some of the nutrition facts for rest. and Chick-fil-a's grilled chicken breast is a really good choice and you can just order the piece of chicken. Hope fully I can find good choices but my main thing with weight loss is I have to work out and I just started back today...alittle slow but I will work my way up again.

After last years regain- I have learned that there is nothing worth regaining for... so the only "fast food" I will even consider is wendy's chili and the innards of a subway deli sandwich- and I pick a turkey & cheese with veggies, and because the lettuce and spinach are so small, what I do is open the deli meat, wrap the cheese and veggies into it. If I'm really hungry I'll pay the fee for 'double meat'.. The only thing I get at McDonalds is a unsweetened iced tea.

Don't go to any other FF places. After all this time and trial and error, I have found it much better to be prepared for anything so I don't need to even 'go there'.. literally and figuratively. We're heading out tomorrow for some errands which entail a drive over the mountain to Burlington and money is tight.. in the 'old days'.. grabbing a lunch at a FF would be necessary and I wouldn't think twice. Now,"running out" for errands means I plan. For me, it's the only way. Even a Wendy's chili or subway sandwich is planned for in advance.

I'm an hour from Burlington and grew up there. Sometime in the future when you'll be that way, we should meet up.

I'm an hour from Burlington and grew up there. Sometime in the future when you'll be that way, we should meet up.

That would be fun! We go about once every four to six weeks!

I have had a small taco from Taco bell--no problems. A reg roast beef from Arby's (ate the meat--no bread). I think fast food is okay if you only do it occasionally and if you choose well. Most places are getting a few healthier choices on their menus. I believe excludding foods completely can be hard on us too....Good Luck.

I have tried crunchy chicken tacos from Taco bell, and to me the chicken has always been dry, so I tried a beef taco with sour cream, and it was very good. I am only able to eat one although, which is great.

Not sure if you have a Jimmy Johns or not, but I really like how any sub can be ordred as an "Unwrapped" it is wrapped in lettuce no bread. Half of one of those and I am certainly full.

I also like Subway, but get the flat bread and ask that they toast it, toasted sits much better in my pouch.

I have not had a ff burger, but could really sink my teeth into a Big Mac or a Whopper but have chose not to thus far!

I travel alot so sometimes I will have to eat at fast food rest. all I have had so far is Wendy's chili in the blender (about 1/2 c) but I ahve been looking online at some of the nutrition facts for rest. and Chick-fil-a's grilled chicken breast is a really good choice and you can just order the piece of chicken. Hope fully I can find good choices but my main thing with weight loss is I have to work out and I just started back today...alittle slow but I will work my way up again.

McDonalds will also serve the chicken breast only on the side. Nice they have that cheaper option if need be so you dont pay for an entire sandwich and not tempted by the bun lol

Taco Bell's refried beans are made with lard. The only kind of refried beans I can eat are fat free from a can. Otherwise, Im barfin'.

The only "fast food" Ive eaten is Boston Market, and I had some chicken. I cant eat McDonalds or Burger King or any of that... its SO disgustingly salty, greasy, franken-food gross. It's not 'real' food, and ever since surgery...I only eat real food. Organic, non-processed, no added salt, fat, sugar...anything else tastes like crap.

I cook my own food 99% of the time...when I do eat out, I go with baked or broiled fish. Even a bar burger is better for you than McDonalds! Most of the time, bar burgers are hand pressed, with no additives. Just beef. I'll eat one of those with no bun! (or a half of one actually)

Edited by fflattliner