LotusOne

June Losers?

How are all our June losers doing? Surgery go smoothly? How are you feeling?? Sending you all positive vibes from California. Can't wait to join you!

I just got home today, and man oh man am I sore! I still am not getting much down. I have to force myself to drink and I am so scared to screw this up! Everything went well though.

I just got home today, and man oh man am I sore! I still am not getting much down. I have to force myself to drink and I am so scared to screw this up! Everything went well though.

Tusde - that's great to hear! Congratulations!

Thanks for the update! Take it slow and get your fluids!!!

My surgery went perfectly and recovery has been amazingly easy. I'm beginning to wonder if they even operated on me. I think they just put me to sleep and woke me up and said they did laugh.gif Just kidding

But yea I have no real pain and can drink as much as I pour down my throat. Was a passenger in a truck today with family for about an hour and a half each way and did perfectly fine. Walked a good bit, visited with some nice people, watched my family eat some po-boys while i had my crystal light :) It was a good day.

It's like I never even had surgery which is simply amazing. I cannot give the hospital and doctor enough thumbs up. They did an absolutely amazing job.

I wish similar success to all of my June buddies!

I spoke with MzPen tonight. Her surgery went well. She's groggy but fine and well on her way to loserville!!!!!

I spoke with MzPen tonight. Her surgery went well. She's groggy but fine and well on her way to loserville!!!!!

Yay!! Glad to hear she's doing well!!

I just got home last night. I'm pretty sore. I seem to be drinking fine this morning. Yesterday was rough, every time I would drink even a tiny sip it would hurt and then a few seconds later I would get cramping in my lower belly. I think I'm going to let my mom keep my kids through the weekend, I can imagine being around them right now feeling like this. Good luck everyone,

So how is everyone doing now? I'm having a problem with throwing up certain foods. It is like a guessing game. I guess I find that the most frustrating part. Anyone else having that problem? The good foods are tofu, shrimp and chicken. I tried mahi mahi, tuna and eggs with no luck.

I've been trying different foods and can't find anything I like anymore. It seems my taste completely changed or maybe chewing something for 30 seconds takes all flavor out of it and turns it into disgusting mush that I don't want to swallow.

I did enjoy a sugar free snowball last week though. It was the first thing I enjoyed eating since the surgery.

Other than all that garbage though I've been doing alright. Went to the nurse practitioner today and sat in the office for 40 minutes just for her to come in and tell me "oh your labs look great, you're doing well with vitamins and protein, the incisions look good, see you in september" So yea.

I'm down to 295 so at least there's that.

I totally empathize with your not finding anything that tastes good. I just want a nice dinner. Protein shakes are not a dinner.

I so want something substantial looking to eat like a piece of pizza.

I'm still plodding along - finally got meds for nausea and the ulcer has calmed back down so other than being stuck on eating cottsge cheese, yogurt, banana with a lil peanut butter and the ole faithful chili my diet is rather blah... Gotta get the exercise thing going now

Hubby keeps asking me "are you STILL not hungry????" He just can't understand - actually I can't either - the fact that I feel no hunger (of course most of my life I didn't eat because I felt hunger) :P