August Staplers

DebB

Hello I'm August 10,2011 and I'm excited and nervous at the same time!!!!!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I'm August 10,2011 and I'm excited and nervous at the same time!!!!!

Welcome mesha030. I am thinking that we are all feeling the same way.

I spent months making this decision and I am now just trying to focus on the outcome and all of the positives that will come with it. I can't stand going through one more day the way that I am now! I can't stand that I am struggling through week 5 of couch to 5 K while my fit friend runs cirlcles around me. I can't stand picking out ugly clothes everyday that look horrible on me. I can't stand that I am going to a graduation party this weekend that an ex-fiance will probably be at whom I haven't seen for 20 years. I want to enjoy my life again and be the person that I was meant to be. I have an autistic daughter who is going into 8th grade and STRUGGLING. I want to get my patient, happy, good mom attitude back so that I can help her somehow stay in public school. Eating my way through the stress isn't working for me. I feel like this is my chance to take control of my life and I am excited to get it started.

Good luck to you!

I went for my first pre-op appointment today. I start 26 days of nothing but optifast tomorrow - 960 calories per day of shakes, bars and soup. Yum!

I went for my first pre-op appointment today. I start 26 days of nothing but optifast tomorrow - 960 calories per day of shakes, bars and soup. Yum!

Oh my gosh 26 days really? I thought my 14 day liquid protein shakes were bad....but you can do it... GL

Oh my gosh 26 days really? I thought my 14 day liquid protein shakes were bad....but you can do it... GL

I was a little surprised as well that I have to do it for 4 weeks. I can only lose 24 pounds to stay above the 35 bmi so I am very nervous that I will get too close. They said that if I did, they would up my products. Yeah - more shakes and soups.

Good Luck with your 14 days. We can do this! It is just a tiny portion of our lives.

I was told they have to look at your start weight. 26 days?!? I get two weeks of modified 4+1. That means four shakes, and one lean meal a day. I have a lot to be grateful for. I don't start until August 4, so I'm really enjoying food right now (like I never did before, right?) I've actually gained in these six months pre-op, but I was still approved. My BMI is 38 (it was 36, and I was afraid to lose, also), with very high cholesterol. I'm so excited now. I found a log book at Borders for $4! It's great for logging diet and exercise.

I was told they have to look at your start weight. 26 days?!? I get two weeks of modified 4+1. That means four shakes, and one lean meal a day. I have a lot to be grateful for. I don't start until August 4, so I'm really enjoying food right now (like I never did before, right?) I've actually gained in these six months pre-op, but I was still approved. My BMI is 38 (it was 36, and I was afraid to lose, also), with very high cholesterol. I'm so excited now. I found a log book at Borders for $4! It's great for logging diet and exercise.

That would be nice if they went by my start weight. The NUT is the one who weighed me and told me that I could only lose 24 pounds. I've completed day 3 and it isn't so bad. I just make sure that something goes in my stomach every 2 hours or I get hungry. I get 2 bars per day and I find myself savoring every single chew. Enjoy your one lean meal a day. I've lost 10 pounds in those 3 days. I try to burn 1000 calories everytime I work out and if I am only eating 960 calories and my body uses 1700 calories at rest, you do the math.

Make sure you take your before pictures before you start. I had my 8 year-old daughter take mine.

I have an eight yr old son. At that age they still love mom so unconditionally, even fat. He will probably worry the most during surgery.

I have a tripod I think I'll use, because I HATE having my picture taken. I hope that goes away.

I have an eight yr old son. At that age they still love mom so unconditionally, even fat. He will probably worry the most during surgery.

I have a tripod I think I'll use, because I HATE having my picture taken. I hope that goes away.

I just noticed that you are from Michigan. My cousin had RNY at Beaumont (Royal Oak) a year ago and LOVED it there! I am just north of Lansing, buy my parents live in Rochester Hills so I am in Detroit all the time.

My surgery is scheduled for August 11. I am so excited! Seems like I waited forever for this to happen. And now it is! The only drawback is that I am an elementary school principal and we start school again on August 23. Hope that I don't have any complications that will make me miss more that a few days of the beginning of school.

My surgery is scheduled for August 11. I am so excited! Seems like I waited forever for this to happen. And now it is! The only drawback is that I am an elementary school principal and we start school again on August 23. Hope that I don't have any complications that will make me miss more that a few days of the beginning of school.

Welcome. I have added you to our list. From what little I know 12 days out seems soon to go back to work, but if you don't have to do anything too taxing and you are feeling up to it, it should be ok. I'll pray for a quick recovery.

I just noticed that you are from Michigan. My cousin had RNY at Beaumont (Royal Oak) a year ago and LOVED it there! I am just north of Lansing, buy my parents live in Rochester Hills so I am in Detroit all the time.

That's where I'm going. I had all three kids there. I'm in Fowlerville, and although Lansing is closer, I prefer Beaumont.

Do you know who her surgeon was? Mine will be Dr. Kevin Krause.

My surgery is August 26th and I have been waiting forever. I've been overweight since I was 10 and I'm 60 now. I started this process last summer. Even though I've dropped 35 pounds they won't drop me. I have diabetes and that is the main reason they are doing it. I've have 4 siblings, we all have diabetes 2 have died. So my doctor thought this might be a good move. I've had diabetes for almost 20 years. Here's to a new healthier me!

Hi everyone! I've got my surgery date and I'll be joining you all in the August group. Yay. I started this process with Kaiser in November 2010, I'm so excited to finally be nearing the surgery. I'm also to the point where I'm getting nervous. So nervous. But I want to be around to watch my kids grow up, and I don't want to end up with diabetes and all the other health problems that run in my family. So, here I am. Can't wait to get to know you all a little better, and have some people who will be going through the surgery around the same time I am. Anyone else around here in SoCal?

Hi Everybody!! My surgery is scheduled for August 8th.

Hi, mine is the 8th too! 2:00 in the afternoon. I am so excited and nervous. I started my pre-op liquid diet today. I'm getting lap. gastric bypass.

My surgery is August 26th and I have been waiting forever. I've been overweight since I was 10 and I'm 60 now. I started this process last summer. Even though I've dropped 35 pounds they won't drop me. I have diabetes and that is the main reason they are doing it. I've have 4 siblings, we all have diabetes 2 have died. So my doctor thought this might be a good move. I've had diabetes for almost 20 years. Here's to a new healthier me!

I am so sorry to hear about your siblings, but am so happy that you have made this decision to do something about it. Don't go down without a fight!

Welcome Jenjen1279, nana60 and arlenejross! I have added you all to our calendar. I have also put down which surgery you will be having and the time (if you want to give it). This will help us all send special happy thoughts to each other during that time.

Bypass on the 18th!

Welcome eddiemerk!

Hey everyone, my surgery date is August 4th! Right now I'm on Slim-Fast for 2 weeks prior and it's challenging but it'll all be worth it! Good luck to all!!!

I am so disappointed in myself! I am on the 2 week liquid diet that is basically 3 shakes and lean meal. I took my son through Mc D's for a happy meal and did not order myself anything (even though i was STARVING). He is just a little guy and did not finish his nuggets or french fries so I ended up eating a nugget and about a third of the happy meal size fries. Darn it! I am just going get right back into it and make sure that I don't cheat again. I need a smaller liver for a safer surgery! Anyone else having issues with the pre-op diet?

Okay! Get right back on that horse! If your starving, have another shake. My pre-op will be 4 shakes, one meal. Drink more water between "meals". Chew gum. Avoid temptation, i.e., drive thrus. Stay busy! You can do it. Stop thinking about food. Think about being thin next summer! Go to the mall! Window shop. Take a nap. Take a walk. Call a friend. Visit a friend. Hang in there, get out of the house away from the fridge.

Okay! Get right back on that horse! If your starving, have another shake. My pre-op will be 4 shakes, one meal. Drink more water between "meals". Chew gum. Avoid temptation, i.e., drive thrus. Stay busy! You can do it. Stop thinking about food. Think about being thin next summer! Go to the mall! Window shop. Take a nap. Take a walk. Call a friend. Visit a friend. Hang in there, get out of the house away from the fridge.