SissyT

Two years out... how much can you eat in a sitting?

I chew MORE normally than I did the first several months, but I still chew thoroughly. I don't want to take a chance of having big chucks of food passing through my pouch opening (stoma) and stretching it out.

That's an excellent point- I haven't been as focused on chewing each mouthful into mush as I was the first few months. Thanks for that tidbit- I'm back to basics with that info. No stoma stretching for me!

I still learn something new just about every time I log onto TT- thank GOD for this site!

Nancy :D

Ok it's been a while since I've been on but for me I'm a little over 2 yrs post-op and if I eat cottage cheese I can eat 1.5 cups. If I eat soup I can eat 2 cups. Dense meats I eat 4 oz and 4 oz of a side. Be it veg,fruit or carb. I do eat pasta, bread, etc. But mainly as long as I keep within 2300 calories a day I maintain my weight by 5 or 10 lbs. My weight fluctuations come from the amount of water I'm retaining. I'm very sensitive to sodium water retention since the surgery.

I use myfitnesspal.com to help me regulate my weight and calories. I hope this gives you some insight on how really you just need to learn how to read your body and it's needs.

Oh and I started my weight-loss journey and 477 lbs being my highest known weight to being a slim 191 lbs.

17 hours ago, Mary Peer said:

I am 2 1/2 years out and it depends what I am eating. Is it o.k. to eat 3 cups of meat and green beans at dinner? I fill my pouch has stretched, but I retain my weight.

Bottom line is ... are you retaining the weight you want to be at? If you are, then it's hard to be critical of any particular meal volume... the volume restriction is a means to an end, and the desired end is having an healthy weight.

Meat and green beans is also a lot healthier than a lot of other stuff out there!

16 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Bottom line is ... are you retaining the weight you want to be at? If you are, then it's hard to be critical of any particular meal volume... the volume restriction is a means to an end, and the desired end is having an healthy weight.

Yes, if one is at desired weight (or at a healthy weight, these two often seem to differ) does it really matter how much one is eating or being able to eat?