Just wondering...

Froggie

I had a date booked towards the end of 2010 but cancelled it for various reasons. I had lost 55 pounds in 4 months for the surgery so my friends and family (few that knew) encouraged me to just keep dieting to avoid the surgery. So here I am back on restrictive diet because I gained 12 pounds over easter break. Am I dreaming that I can loose the weight on my own? Am sure this seems like a daft question on a WLS site but I'm sure it's crossed everyone's mind. I'm trying so hard again because I was called "pathetic" the other day for not being able to make a few "lifestyle changes". So ashamed that I struggle to control my weight...

I would say at your current weight that if you can continue, do so. I honestly can't imagine undergoing something so extreme for a small amount of weight loss, and I think it's actually quite dangerous to do so. The risk of losing too much and ending up underweight is just too high.

What does your doctor have to say about it?